GDT: G3: Caps @ Senators - 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
The only criticism of the coaching I do think is fair is that our PP looks the same. I would have hoped they spent the entire offseason and training camp working on a new system. Especially after all the talk about the new look. Someone help me understand.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Jensen in particular has been off to a bad start. Thinking we should have sold on him. Probably still can as a RHD. Good skater still but skating himself into bad positions

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I agree sports is cyclical and you can’t be competitive forever. But management chose to extend players long term that were on the other side of their prime. The consequence of that is you delay the inevitable in exchange for longer periods of mediocrity. Something that smart organizations don’t do.
Tell me all the recent smart organizations who burned it down early by not resigning the aging, but core vets…..only to come back to win more Cups….Red Wings, nope, Pens, nope, Bruins, nope, Hawks, nah….we all require a painful rebuild at some point…

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
It's fine. They won a Cup and provided us with ~15 years of a winning team. I just hope they don't do anything dumb going forward.
I agree. I’m not upset like I used to be. The cup changed everything. The only thing that frustrates me is I feel like I could see this coming with the deals they handed out to the vets and it’s becoming a reality. Oh well.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Losing your best defenseman in Orlov definitely has sped up the process.
This team was bad last year with Orlov.

The defense stuff seems like they're struggling systemically, the offense seems much more like a symptom of skill degradation or effort.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
35553607001_3793664923001_video-still-for-video-3793536566001.jpg

Somewhere Lavi is chuckling and saying..yep.

• Haha
Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Not sure why folks surprised. Ottawa is my pick to win their division. A fast, young, and hungry team is going to blow out older teams. I don't like the results, but it's reality. The Toronto game is going to be worse.

Reactions: BallardEra

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

And, of course, nothing on the PP. Re: the PP I just put it on the vets reverting back to their comfort zone rather than embracing the less familiar. I think that's the big challenge at this point. What can Carbery do if they're not truly receptive? How does he go about rewarding those that are receptive vs. those that aren't in a way that doesn't lose the later? Without full buy-in they're not going very far. Even if they get it they're so limited defensively that it's not going to be just that simple.

Reactions: marcel snapshot

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I've seen countless shots of Ovie on the bench, huffing and puffing from a vigorous shift while still energetically wiping his visor, downing some coke, and maybe having a spit or two in between verbal jabs at someone on the ice.

Tonight when I saw him he looked like a regular guy pushing 40, gasping for air, and suddenly finding everything a lot harder than it used to be.

Starting to get a little concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $365.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark