GDT: G3: Caps @ Senators - 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
You wonder if this meteoric intrusion of reality is making any impression on Ted, or if he’s still inventing ways to believe that discarding age and asset deterioration and all the myriad ways that the game had changed since he lucked into Ovi almost 20 years ago can still be ignored. The degree to which this organization has failed to keep up with how the game has changed has been laid bare. Feel bad for Carbs.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Sandin with a lazy ass penalty.

I hate that 2 of 3 games they've just given up. Feel like it's a poor reflection of this teams veteran leadership.

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
You wonder if this meteoric intrusion of reality is making any impression on Ted, or if he’s still inventing ways to believe that discarding age and asset deterioration and all the myriad ways that the game had changed since he lucked into Ovi almost 20 years ago can still be ignored. The degree to which this organization has failed to keep up with how the game has changed has been laid bare. Feel bad for Carbs.
we‘re just seeing the slow deterioration of a once great roster. Pro sports will always be cyclical…you cannot maintain infinitely. I don’t buy at all that they have somehow lost reality of how to run a successful organization.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Sandin is not so good. Short and slow. Might as well keep him in these minutes, someones gotta take the ass kicking

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
we‘re just seeing the slow deterioration of a once great roster. Pro sports will always be cyclical…you cannot maintain infinitely. I don’t buy at all that they have somehow lost reality of how to run a successful organization.
I agree sports is cyclical and you can’t be competitive forever. But management chose to extend players long term that were on the other side of their prime. The consequence of that is you delay the inevitable in exchange for longer periods of mediocrity. Something that smart organizations don’t do.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I agree sports is cyclical and you can’t be competitive forever. But management chose to extend players long term that were on the other side of their prime. The consequence of that is you delay the inevitable in exchange for longer periods of mediocrity. Something that smart organizations don’t do.
Yep. It's like they all got back pay for winning the Cup.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
They extended guys long term to keep their price down to try to squeeze more value out of the roster.

No one was complaining when those dude were signed, but most were saying it'd look ugly at the tail end.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Sandin with a lazy ass penalty.

I hate that 2 of 3 games they've just given up. Feel like it's a poor reflection of this teams veteran leadership.
I think its also a reflection of the quality of the older players. They don't deserve all this ice time and PP opportunities over the better newer players.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
If Kuemper or whoever isn't amazing I suspect most nights will be uncomfortable efforts. Their floor vs. ceiling is very poor. Some facets can improve but their physical limitations, entrenched lack of compete in some key areas and flimsy IQ generally puts them on poor footing. It doesn't really matter what the coaching staff does given those limitations. This lineup was better. Maybe they can swap in HHA for Johansen but it's going to be a big challenge finding the right buttons for this group.

On their best behavior they'll have a shot but it leaves them with a slim margin or else it can spiral quickly. Not having at-will tonesetters is probably curtains for a team that at this point just isn't really built for grinding or hanging around either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad