GDT: G21: Chocolate City @ Sin City - 10pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Kuzy for Laine would be nice, but I believe Kuzy would have to come with a + attached.

Only advantage for CBJ is he has one year less left on his contract if they really want to get rid of Laine. Laine have had a slow start combined with injuries this year, but he had 108 points in 111 games the last two year for the so dont really see them turning that into Kuznetsov. Even tough Kuznetsov produced points in 21/22.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
If CBJ are scouting all the Caps games on this road trip, I'm thinking maybe there is a we trade our slumping/inconsistent top end forward for one of yours type trade.
The question is, which teams' games are the Caps scouts attending? Any of our guys tracking Cbus? Edm seems to have interest in Elvis, idk if the Caps are following the Jackets. (Maybe a 3-way?)

Reactions: YippieKaey

Artie Fufkin

Jan 11, 2014
Just because someone has a NTC doesn’t mean you can’t trade that player to a team on that list. It just means the player has to approve the trade. Given how Kuzy ha already stated he would like to go somewhere else, he should think about taking whatever comes his way.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Yea Kuzy has requested a trade prior. When a player does that, it usually means they aren’t gonna be too picky with their NTC unless it’s Winnipeg or something. Otherwise, they will go almost anywhere. Only so many teams could be a potential match.

I’ll do Kuzy at 50% for nothing. Even attach a 3rd to do it at this point. And that may still not be attractive to a team

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1701616586195.gif

My game puck goes to Dylan Strome for a 50% xGF and a primary assist.

Honorable mention to Hunter Shepard, who scrambled to get to Vegas last night.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
what? He's not a top tier first line talent but he's not something to punt on either.

dude has been more developmentally staggered than virtually any prospect you can list between COVID and his own individual injury, and is still finding space in the NHL and doesn't look out of place.

He's not impact right now, sure, but he's also showing a lot of the same signs of being able to tap into a different level that CMM was last year (and arguably could have broken through with better deployment). Lapierre is there but in a more regular way under Carbery, but his smooth plays and instincts work at the NHL level and will improve with time.

Lapierre is not busted, it seems more like your expectations were.
I dunno. He seems inconsistent to me. With Leonard on the way, he seems like the odd man out at center in a couple years.

Maybe he could be an option at wing. But in the hypothetical where we magically get a legit elite wing in a deal, he starts to look pretty marginal so I kind of wrote that off.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I dunno. He seems inconsistent to me. With Leonard on the way, he seems like the odd man out at center in a couple years.

Maybe he could be an option at wing. But in the hypothetical where we magically get a legit elite wing in a deal, he starts to look pretty marginal so I kind of wrote that off.
Ryan Leonard is almost certainly a RW for Caps. Can play all three forward positions which is something that Caps like but he is likely taking Oshie or Mantha spot a middle 6 RW. Miro a middle 6 LW. But neither is going to be scoring 30+ goals next year.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
Ryan Leonard is almost certainly a RW for Caps. Can play all three forward positions which is something that Caps like but he is likely taking Oshie or Mantha spot a middle 6 RW. Miro a middle 6 LW. But neither is going to be scoring 30+ goals next year.
Ah, I've seen him listed as C everywhere. If he's more of a RW, that obviously leaves more room for a Lappy type player to get 2/3 C role. I stand corrected.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'd add Lappy. He's not the one. I know we all want him to succeed, but he's been largely a disappointment. Unless he levels up a couple times, he shouldn't be part of our long term plans.

Not that he’s untradeable but down on Lappy, high on Hockey Jockey…..questionable.

Reactions: Block

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
You're right. The equivalent year for Phillips would have been 65 games and 38 points as a 20 year old.

And there you have it….barely a difference, except you know….Lappy has the physical tools to succeed more at this level IMO. Still, I’d move him for the right deal no issues…but I don’t expect that. We’ll see.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
If CBJ are scouting all the Caps games on this road trip, I'm thinking maybe there is a we trade our slumping/inconsistent top end forward for one of yours type trade.

The Oilers have been scouting CBJ hard so my guess would that Merzlikins goes to EDM, Kuemper to CBJ and something fairly average (Mccleod?) to the Caps.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
You're right. The equivalent year for Phillips would have been 65 games and 38 points as a 20 year old.
Still Lapierre have the second highest point per 60 5v5 on the Caps year. So he is producing based on the time he plays.

Reactions: alphabetical

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Lap scored 3 points in one game and no points in the other games. This is why I dislike advanced metric stats so much.
In defence of advanced stats, points per 60 is not an 'advanced stat'. In this case, it's just a stat that's been applied to a tiny sample size and taken out of all context.

As for Lapierre, at this early stage, I don't see what is special about him. There aren't any obvious elite level skills and he mostly looks overwhelmed. Hopefully this will change but I don't see this been the year of Lapierre.

Reactions: bacchist

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
In defence of advanced stats, points per 60 is not an 'advanced stat'. In this case, it's just a stat that's been applied to a tiny sample size and taken out of all context.

As for Lapierre, at this early stage, I don't see what is special about him. There aren't any obvious elite level skills and he mostly looks overwhelmed. Hopefully this will change but I don't see this been the year of Lapierre.

Well nobody would say last year was the year of CMM and he also looked pretty overwhelmed so….but this year…….so maybe there’s hope for Lappy next year, when some of us expect him to finally crack the lineup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad