GDT: G21: Chocolate City @ Sin City - 10pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Will be interesting when Carbery reaches his breaking point on 92. Seems like he's nearing it and with good reason.
Question is when GMBM reaches his breaking point. They gotta move the guy

Love carbery pulling goalie. Why not?
And it pays off

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
The thing I feel about Kuemper this season is he seems to have absolutely no confidence. It reminds me of when Holtby started struggling and got terrible, confidence is so huge for goalies, that can be a hard thing to get back.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
The thing I feel about Kuemper this season is he seems to have absolutely no confidence. It reminds me of when Holtby started struggling and got terrible, confidence is so huge for goalies, that can be a hard thing to get back.
There is a common denominator with Holtby/Kuemper. Both been goalie coached by Scott Murray. I think Lindgren is just how Grubauer was, in regard to adjust to different goalie coaches. I honestly miss Mitch Korn because he was great coaching goalies to improve on weaknesses.

Reactions: ArmadilloThumb

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I have been critical of Kuemper more this season. I think there was only one game he played that I spoke positive on him. He had a .914 SV% tonight stopping 32/35. On the PK and even strength, the team didn't give much help. If Kuemper was in fact also under the weather, then I give him props for sticking through it tonight. Shepard arrived to the arena just as the game was about to start. He wasn't fully dressed till 4 mins into the 1st period. Had he been with team and did warm-ups, he might have gotten the start.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
This team is just so lacking in high end offensive talent. It’s gonna be coin flip hockey, with not much room for error and a lot of pressure on Kuemps/Chucky.

Miro, and Leonard can’t get to DC fast enough.

Reactions: troyerlaw

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Okay I'm just going out on a limb here. Kuzy+ for Laine. While Laine is 6 years younger(age 25 vs 31)), he has a higher cap hit by $700k. Caps can afford it with their LTIR of Backy. Kuzy would be a lower cap hit for them and his contract ends a season earlier than Laine's.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Okay I'm just going out on a limb here. Kuzy+ for Laine. While Laine is 6 years younger(age 25 vs 31)), he has a higher cap hit by $700k. Caps can afford it with their LTIR of Backy. Kuzy would be a lower cap hit for them and his contract ends a season earlier than Laine's.
You think Caps could be featuring Lappy in a potential deal? I wonder how high they are on him.

In any event - I’d take Laine for Kuzy in a heartbeat. Maybe it just takes a 2nd+, I dunno.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Malenstyn postgame interview worth checking out (for those who mess with the janky redesigned NHL app). Smart, forthright, insightful analysis from the guy. I’d never heard him interviewed.

Strome interesting too. Said the CMM and Dowd lines have been the best lines for Caps, and the other two lines need to play better

Last edited:

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Malenstyn postgame interview worth checking out (for those who mess with the janky redesigned NHL app). Smart, forthright, insightful analysis from the guy. I’d never heard him interviewed.

Strome interesting too. Said the CMM and Dowd lines have been the best lines for Caps, and the other two lines need to play better
Strome needs stick with OV for a couple games and Kuzy can be scratched for all I care. Problem solved with other 2 lines needing play better. Kuzy is snorting up 2 lines at once!

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I'd add Lappy. He's not the one. I know we all want him to succeed, but he's been largely a disappointment. Unless he levels up a couple times, he shouldn't be part of our long term plans.
what? He's not a top tier first line talent but he's not something to punt on either.

dude has been more developmentally staggered than virtually any prospect you can list between COVID and his own individual injury, and is still finding space in the NHL and doesn't look out of place.

He's not impact right now, sure, but he's also showing a lot of the same signs of being able to tap into a different level that CMM was last year (and arguably could have broken through with better deployment). Lapierre is there but in a more regular way under Carbery, but his smooth plays and instincts work at the NHL level and will improve with time.

Lapierre is not busted, it seems more like your expectations were.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I mean, the most likely trade is probably for Laine for Kuzya but I don't see why the Caps do that unless they think Laine is easier to offload. No way we have the pieces to trade for Gaudreau. Also doesn't fit the age profile.

I cannot imagine we have anything they'd want. No idea what they'd trade for Kuzya, and I'd rather not just give up Mantha just to give him up.
Sorry no way it's Laine - he's actually been scoring goals and playing well the last 3 games.

I bet they're looking for a D - Severson out at least 6 weeks and they need some veteran stability. Gudbranson getting points but -11,, Bean looks awful on return from his injury. They have no trouble scoring goals and their goaltending is decent - Merzlikins .911

Anybody who thinks a team is trading for Kuzy is out of their minds - come on, they have scouts and ppl doing analytics etc. We know Kuzy is awful and they sure as hell do as well.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Did not watch this turd but I see Tom Wilson got another goal in his quest to pass Gretzky.

If CBus are scouting the entire wc series then they're probably asking for Wilson, not Kuzy.

That said if Kuzy was demoted, had his time reduced, and was then benched entirely this is probably the last chance from Carbery. Unless he was directly insubordinate he'll probably have the opportunity to redeem himself and that might be it.

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad