Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Kuzy 17:29
Ovi 13:40
CMM 14:07
Phillips 11:58
Mantha 11:34
I like a lot of what Carbery has done but that's... strange. Kuznetsov should just not be that guy right now, I'm not sure what the angle is here.

Plus is, Strome hit 16 minutes and some of Kuznetsov's shifts were PK ones, so that's something. Also weirdly, according to ESPN Malenstyn played like 17 minutes.

I don't fully understand playing the best line in the game arguably the least, but at the same time, it's all really situational and by zone starts so with such an even spread I can't say anyone was benched or anything, it just seems like a wild ass game that ended up working. When they were getting caved in, the fourth line is going to be the one out there by preference to work that back, and I think that probably played into it.

EDIT: and since we're keeping track, Phillips was a step removed from being completely invisible. Every Kings player was bigger and faster and his advantage was basically boiled down to stopping one key pass. No shots, no points, no... really anything?

Last edited:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
What the HECK are you talking about! Game Puck goes to CHUCKIE SIDEBURNS! NO ARGUMENT!

He had an excellent game, but only one player can be given the prestigious award. And Mantha's dominant game pipped Lindgren ever so slightly.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
He had an excellent game, but only one player can be given the prestigious award. And Mantha's dominant game pipped Lindgren ever so slightly.
I have to say, I actually recognized him, and he looks limber, and I didn’t even realize it was Mantha

If you can get that big body and those legs moving fast. Around the perimeter we might have something.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Lindgren was f***ing nuts. The amount of times he was deep in his crease and still stopping shots, not by positioning, but because of rebounds or rushes was amazing. That five hole stop on... Kempe? I think where he stayed strong on the far pad and pushed the puck was a thing of beauty.
Lindgren battled like h3ll! Man he looked gassed after the buzzer!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I like a lot of what Carbery has done but that's... strange. Kuznetsov should just not be that guy right now, I'm not sure what the angle is here.

Plus is, Strome hit 16 minutes and some of Kuznetsov's shifts were PK ones, so that's something. Also weirdly, according to ESPN Malenstyn played like 17 minutes.

I don't fully understand playing the best line in the game arguably the least, but at the same time, it's all really situational and by zone starts so with such an even spread I can't say anyone was benched or anything, it just seems like a wild ass game that ended up working. When they were getting caved in, the fourth line is going to be the one out there by preference to work that back, and I think that probably played into it.

Just checked the box times show a slight change now.

Kuzy 17:41 (1st)
Ovi 13:52
Phillips 11:55
Mantha 11:34 (last)
Strome 15:58
Mal 17:00

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
It shouldn't have. A ~38 save 1 goal game gets you player of the game virtually every time. Check your stats again

Virtually (adv.) - nearly; almost.

A 78% xG share and two primary points in 11 minutes of work against a team that shelled the other lines is worthy of the highest honor that can be bestowed on an NHLer.

Lindgren will have his shot to add another game puck to his collection soon enough, but tonight belonged to Anthony Mantha.

• Haha
Reactions: PlushMinus

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

A 78% xG share and two primary points in 11 minutes of work against a team that shelled the other lines is worthy of the highest honor that can be bestowed on an NHLer.

Lindgren will have his shot to add another game puck to his collection soon enough, but tonight belonged to Anthony Mantha.
It has been spoken.

• Haha
Reactions: PlushMinus

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles

Twabby man you far too fixated on advanced metrics! Advanced stats don't tell the whole story about the game or team or player. All the Kings fans on their game day message board are frustrated because Lindgren stole this game! They are either praising how well he well he played tonight or trashing him saying things like he will give up 5 in his next game or his career will be short. Just a lot of dumb comments to be said because they are use to Kings scoring 4 goals a game.

Leksand

Oct 30, 2013
Northern VA
Thanks for reminding me, Vaughn Iceberg pads are the secret to getting shelled.

Dm_GMjkU4AEDv7f.jpg

Those pads and gloves were designed to go with the Habs uniform?! Looks like he was just called up unexpectedly and had to play with his old pads from the Moose Jaw Icebergs

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

You've convinced me. 11 minutes? Goddamn, they really did do some work there.

Side note that wasn't pointed out to me until I think @Calicaps, Protas has 9 points in 18 games and is just silently being a productive monster

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Coach's Challenge actually going our way? Hockey Gods are smiling :)

Team toughed it out, ye olde bend but not break
Chucky in serious beast-mode, guess he's not the usual "don't talk to me" quirky goalie since he recruited the linesman to help prop him up for the lace fix

Physical game tonight, too bad there weren't any classic OG OV v Doughty hits where they're both smiling afterwards
3rd line did the things, loved that McMic backcheck in the 2nd

It's looking more and more like this is just going to be the way of the season until they can start scoring 3 or more/gm...

Play Team D, protect the house and shut it down (tho' tonight was lucky to shut it down)

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Those pads and gloves were designed to go with the Habs uniform?! Looks like he was just called up unexpectedly and had to play with his old pads from the Moose Jaw Icebergs
Well, so that pad set was absolutely the Vaughn Icebergs.

Turns out Lindgren is wearing a set of Bauers that basically mimic the design in a way that I can't fully explain.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
On Lindy. I might be ready to make him starter. My only reservation is he had this type of winning streak in November last year, then fell off Cliff

Reactions: troyerlaw

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Lindgren was f***ing nuts. The amount of times he was deep in his crease and still stopping shots, not by positioning, but because of rebounds or rushes was amazing. That five hole stop on... Kempe? I think where he stayed strong on the far pad and pushed the puck was a thing of beauty.
He was unbelievable. How do you not make him the No. 1 guy. He has been outplaying Kuemper by a lot. Really battles

Kuzy 17:29
Ovi 13:40
Phillips 11:58
Mantha 11:34
Partly due to PK time, i think

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Lindgren is making his claim and impressive. Mantha is improving and found some line partners. Reverse of SJ game and they didn’t let the loss in SJ get to them. The Ducks game should be interesting.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles

Turns out Lindgren is wearing a set of Bauers that basically mimic the design in a way that I can't fully explain.
Those Vaughn Icebergs were actually a stock pattern years back that goalies could buy. I did something different at mine at the time that looked more like a flame than an Iceberg design.

Leksand

Oct 30, 2013
Northern VA

Aha, thanks!

(Just checked in post game here as I had a late night )

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Side note that wasn't pointed out to me until I think @Calicaps, Protas has 9 points in 18 games and is just silently being a productive monster
The other cool thing about him, going forward, is he can play center. I’d love to see him get some reps there eventually. Strome, CMM, Dowd, Protas — that’s not a bad group down the center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad