Confirmed with Link: (G)Sergei Bobrovsky 7yr @ 10 mil

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Sorry but I have to disagree. He has shown flashes of greatness but overall I still worry on almost every why on goal.

Yes, he has made some unbelievable glove saves and
maybe I'm still feeling the effects of last season but I have not been overly impressed.

Hoping it's just a slow start and I am proven wrong.
What are you expecting? Him to steal every game? We played some horrendous hockey tonight and the canes game. The buffalo game was bad but he was on another level that game.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
The problem with this team still is that when they give up a chance it's very often a brutal mistake/turnover that leads to an opportunity where Bob has very little or no chance. This is why his numbers are what they are at this point. The team needs to eliminate the most obvious mistakes and Bob will take care of the rest.

Although I didn't think he was that great today like against buffalo.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The problem with this team still is that when they give up a chance it's very often a brutal mistake/turnover that leads to an opportunity where Bob has very little or no chance. This is why his numbers are what they are at this point. The team needs to eliminate the most obvious mistakes and Bob will take care of the rest.

Although I didn't think he was that great today like against buffalo.
Agreed. Buffalo was one of the best performances I’ve seen from a goalie in a while. Today he just didn’t steal the game even if it wasn’t his fault. Hasn’t given up a weak goal yet in my opinion.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Sorry but I have to disagree. He has shown flashes of greatness but overall I still worry on almost every why on goal.

Yes, he has made some unbelievable glove saves and
maybe I'm still feeling the effects of last season but I have not been overly impressed.

Hoping it's just a slow start and I am proven wrong.
It’s okay to expect miracles from a $10m goalie

Reactions: klabob

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
What were the two bad goals? I can account for absolute garbage D on 3. The point shot is the only one he even had a chance on.
I think he was screened on the point shot, and from one replay it may have changed direction as it went through the players in between. Maybe the second goal he should've done better with. But, then again it's another guy allowed to just walk right in. I think Bob has been fantastic, despite what any stats may say. His play has been solid, and the stellar saves by far outnumber any iffy goals allowed.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I think he was screened on the point shot, and from one replay it may have changed direction as it went through the players in between. Maybe the second goal he should've done better with. But, then again it's another guy allowed to just walk right in. I think Bob has been fantastic, despite what any stats may say. His play has been solid, and the stellar saves by far outnumber any iffy goals allowed.
Exactly. He’s kept us in games and that’s all I can ask for.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
No. Hall had all the time in the world and no human has the reaction speed to stop a shot like that from there. So unless he shots on Bob, it will be a goal.

Fair enough, not a goalie but just seemed Bob was playing more center of his blue paint and not more to the left/centered to where Hall was.

Was a wicked release, so not saying Bob was horrible on the play but felt he could have had a piece if a foot to the left.

Reactions: klabob

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
The same people ragging on Bob now are the same ones that were ragging on Lu and Reimer last year... Our defense is HORRENDOUS, point blank shots with no pressure, passes across the crease for tap ins/deflections with no defenders in sight. Bob has made incredible saves but there is only so much a goalie can do when your defense plays that horrid.

We have a top 5 goalie now... time to put the blame where it belongs.

Reactions: goCatsgo4

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
The same people ragging on Bob now are the same ones that were ragging on Lu and Reimer last year... Our defense is HORRENDOUS, point blank shots with no pressure, passes across the crease for tap ins/deflections with no defenders in sight. Bob has made incredible saves but there is only so much a goalie can do when your defense plays that horrid.

We have a top 5 goalie now... time to put the blame where it belongs.

yea they say a goalie can steal you games, but when that's the case also the d gotta be right to some extend at least.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Бобровский подарил Ватрано бургер, часы и Rolex

cut.jpg

This is from NHL's Russian team.
Some big bro points to Bob here. Although he can certainly afford it.
As you know Vatrano gave up his number 72 to the goalkeeper.
There was a joke exchange that Bob would buy him food for a year and a watch - with Bobrovsky joking that he hopes Vatrano likes "McDonalds and Chipotle".
It seems everything is going well and Vatrano just got a brand new Rolex and a bottle of wine. :)
I really love such fun and cheerful news.
All the best to you guys and a wonderful season! :)

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Бобровский подарил Ватрано бургер, часы и Rolex

View attachment 267475

This is from NHL's Russian team.
Some big bro points to Bob here. Although he can certainly afford it.
As you know Vatrano gave up his number 72 to the goalkeeper.
There was a joke exchange that Bob would buy him food for a year and a watch - with Bobrovsky joking that he hopes Vatrano likes "McDonalds and Chipotle".
It seems everything is going well and Vatrano just got a brand new Rolex and a bottle of wine. :)
I really love such fun and cheerful news.
All the best to you guys and a wonderful season! :)

We have been talking about that since yesterday in the the game thread against the Predators and the Penguins. Thanks for the best wishes regardless.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad