G Jacob Fowler - Boston College Eagles, NCAA (2023, 69th, MTL)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Lol knowing Whitney he just saw Fowler playing a lights out game and did zero further research

it sort of reminds me of Fucale as if you recall back then the talk was how good is he really since the team he was on was so insanely good. Fowler just wins wherever he goes and if I were going to bet on any of the Habs goalie prospects since Price, to be a say top 20 goalie in the NHL at some point, it would be Fowler as the guy just seems to get it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
we'll see how the season ends but so far Primeau had much better numbers at 18 so it's hard to say as Fowler while very impressive and he was outstanding against BU but it's hard to say just how good he really is as BC is one of the top shot blocking teams in the entire NCAA if not #1.

For his only WJC I wasn't overly impressed but the good news is he is playing a ton, he's with what's considered to be one of the best goalie coaches in the NCAA and he's on the now #1 team in the NCAA that also happens to be among the very youngest so next year he should be in a very good spot again.
I think though that you have to consider that Primeau was a very good prospect and hasn’t worked out as expected. He could’ve been better than he is. That doesn’t mean a different person in a different situation won’t do better.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I think though that you have to consider that Primeau was a very good prospect and hasn’t worked out as expected. He could’ve been better than he is. That doesn’t mean a different person in a different situation won’t do better.
Primeau could still establish himself somewhere, but highly unlikely it would be as a 1A. Worst goalie (at the same age) have done it.

Fowler just strikes me as a more confident person.
Price was shy, but extremely talented. As talented as he was, it was very hard for him in his beginnings in Montreal!

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Whitney is a BU guy he was probably just being sarcastic to raise expectations on Boston College. The old counterjinx. Comparing him to Hasek is just dumb.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Fowler was in fact outstanding in the series and a major reason why they swept the #1 team in the NCAA, stopping 58 of 62 so I can see why someone would be hyped on him if that was their first viewing as it was likely the best he's looked this season in what has been a great year so far.

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Primeau could still establish himself somewhere, but highly unlikely it would be as a 1A. Worst goalie (at the same age) have done it.

Fowler just strikes me as a more confident person.
Price was shy, but extremely talented. As talented as he was, it was very hard for him in his beginnings in Montreal!
Price came in brilliantly in his first year. The Canadiens team wa nowhere near as good in his second season and got progressively worse. I think he had a real hard time with that as he struggled behind some really bad clubs.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Any indication if he’s coming back for another year?
I’d be pretty surprised if he left. He’s made a lot of strides this year but he has plenty of room to grow at BC and Ayer’s is a great goalie coach to do it under. I don’t see any rush on him leaving, goalies make very little sense to push

Reactions: SimGrindcore

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3