G Jacob Fowler - Boston College Eagles, NCAA (2023, 69th, MTL)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He has played 11 games in the USHL this year and has a .942 SV%, 1.69 GAA, and is 7-2-1. Decent sized kid for his age and is committed to play at Clarkson in the NCAA.

He has posted a really strong SV% at every level of hockey he has played so far.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Stopped 22/23 shots in a 2-1 win tonight.

Has a .927 SV% in 17 USHL games this season.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Honestly one of the best goalies I’ve ever seen at this age and doing what hes doing in a league like the USHL especially the east which is full of high scoring run & gun teams (Chicago, Muskegon, Madison, both USA’s)

Reactions: Frk It

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Looks like him and Noa Vali are the top goalies for this class, unless someone else emerges?

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
Looks like him and Noa Vali are the top goalies for this class, unless someone else emerges?
IMO, Michael Hrabal out of the Czech Republic and Scott Ratzlaff of the WHL are in that group. Yegor Zavragin of Russia is close too, he had a hell of a regular season in the MHL.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Had a 33 save shutout against a good Chicago Steel team last night (after having a little bit of a rocky start to his draft season)

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Stoped 20/21 shots in a 7-1 win over the U17 team last night. Believe he has gotten his save % up to over .920 for the season now.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Stopped 21/22 and then 37/38 shots this weekend.

Think he might be the #1 goalie taken this year??

I don't think he will but he definitely deserves to be in the conversation. I'd still go Bjarnason first but I definitely have moved Fowler ahead of Hrabal.

There's so much work to be done with Hrabal even if the upside is tremendous. I'm not sure if he is going to arrive in a start-able position by the time his ELC is over, but if he is going to college, they can keep him there 3 years and then should have enough time in the AHL with 2-3 years there.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't think he will but he definitely deserves to be in the conversation. I'd still go Bjarnason first but I definitely have moved Fowler ahead of Hrabal.

There's so much work to be done with Hrabal even if the upside is tremendous. I'm not sure if he is going to arrive in a start-able position by the time his ELC is over, but if he is going to college, they can keep him there 3 years and then should have enough time in the AHL with 2-3 years there.
I have a hard time seeing a goalie with a .882 and .900 SV % over the last 2 years go over a goalie that is .927 and .922 % over the last 2 seasons. But I guess we'll see.

I know Brandon isn't a great team, but I can't think of a goalie with stats like that being the first goalie taken.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I have a hard time seeing a goalie with a .882 and .900 SV % over the last 2 years go over a goalie that is .927 and .922 % over the last 2 seasons. But I guess we'll see.

I know Brandon isn't a great team, but I can't think of a goalie with stats like that being the first goalie taken.

They aren't playing in the same league.. but it's truly wide open, I never thought McCollum would go over Markstrom. I never thought Cossa would go over Wallstedt. NHL Scouts are weird with goalies.

I wouldn't be surprised if a team went full stupid and took Augustine as the first goalie off the board.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
They aren't playing in the same league.. but it's truly wide open, I never thought McCollum would go over Markstrom. I never thought Cossa would go over Wallstedt. NHL Scouts are weird with goalies.

I wouldn't be surprised if a team went full stupid and took Augustine as the first goalie off the board.
Yeah I think it is wide open this year and there might not be a goalie take in the first …. 30? 40? 50? Picks

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah I think it is wide open this year and there might not be a goalie take in the first …. 30? 40? 50? Picks

I'd be surprised if there wasn't, just with the fact that there are some actually good goalie prospects this year where last year there was a whole lot of nothing.

I know that I hope the Habs invest a pick on Bjarnason, Fowler or Hrabal.. and if they don't, they should look at Gajan or Clara.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
It’s been Ken Holland’s M.O. with the Oilers so far to trade back for more picks, and if he does that with our 2nd this year to acquire a 3rd + 4th or equivalent Fowler is the guy I’d love to target. Edmonton badly needs depth in the goaltending pipeline and he has all the tools you could want.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010

It’s going to be really interesting to see where he goes in the draft. I’ve seen him as high as the end of the 1st to as low as the 4th round. From what I’ve read from scouts, their biggest reasoning with him not being higher rated is he doesn’t have ideal size although he’s still pretty big at 6’2”, his post to post movement isn’t explosive as some other goalies in the draft and he doesn’t have a single unreal tool, just a really good all around goalie. What he’s done the past 18 months has been so impressive, I’m really curious to see where he’ll end up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad