G Jacob Fowler - Boston College Eagles, NCAA (2023, 69th, MTL)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Could see him going as high as the 2nd goalie taken.

Hrabal cemented himself, imo, as the best goalie in the class.. Bjarnason asked more questions than got answers. Augustine got the most exposure but looks like a high floor/low ceiling type.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Quite like Fowler as a prospect. He could be a starter in the NHL if everything goes well. Just needs to focus more on improving himself and really get his head in the game going forward.

Reactions: InAG-P

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Underrated hockey player. I feel he'll make the NHL eventually, but maybe more of a 1B/2A is more of a realistic expectation than expecting a true star goalie. I don't see the latter in his tool-kit, but I guess you never know.

My scouting report from his USHL season.

He’s very much as advertised. One of the better goalies out of the USHL in recent years. I like a lot about his game. He’s not like one of these goalies with any exceptionally high-end attributes, but he’s quick side to side, he’s well positioned, he doesn’t give up many rebounds, his hockey sense is good for a goalie, and then his puck-handling is another plus. He’s 6’1, so that’s going to be something that is talked about, but I’m not someone who thinks 6’1 is a big obstacle, if you stop the puck at a high rate. Reminds me a little of Drew Commesso from the 2020 draft. Late round 2, early round 3, pick is what I’d tab his range as.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
He was really good last night. He’s never out of position or over extends, always in the right place. He’s one of those quiet goalies who makes a lot of saves because he’s positioned so well. He showed some nice athleticism on a few second and third chance opportunities he faced. BC did a good job to limit rebounds but he also showed some really nice rebound control himself. He was definitely as advertised

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
He was really good last night. He’s never out of position or over extends, always in the right place. He’s one of those quiet goalies who makes a lot of saves because he’s positioned so well. He showed some nice athleticism on a few second and third chance opportunities he faced. BC did a good job to limit rebounds but he also showed some really nice rebound control himself. He was definitely as advertised
I thought Fowler had a solid game, but I do think he needs to work on giving up big rebounds. I don't want this to come across too harshly, as it was a respectable performance against the #2 ranked defending NCAA champions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad