G Ilya Samsonov (2015, 22nd, WSH)

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
1.Because I follow his career and he is in the league since his draft year unlike other players. There was plenty of time to figure out that he is struggling in the NHL.

2.Going to an "inferior" league where he would get a very different treatment than he does as a labeled bust in the NHL could do wonders to him... 2 years ago or so. Now probably not so much. Thank you, Mr.Larionov.

3.Because Larionov is a brainwashed idiot who loathes everything hockey related from the country that taught him to play hockey and ultimately be a star and earn a ton. That's not what I think, that's what everyone with a brain thinks.

Samsonov's stll GM for you:"Larionov... will never work towards Russia."

Величкин об отъезде Самсонова в НХЛ: «Его агент Ларионов никогда не будет работать в сторону России»

Have you considered that maybe Nail Yakupov did not want to play in Russia, and that it was his decision, and not his agent's?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Have you considered that maybe Nail Yakupov did not want to play in Russia, and that it was his decision, and not his agent's?
Knowing a thing or two about Yakupov's relationships I know Larionov's advice played a big role in his decision making. The last word is always that of the player himself though and Yakupov is officially an idiot because he continued butchering his career instead of trying a different approach.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Time to look beyond Holtby perhaps..i think holtby is overrated . Good prospect in Sam however Caps need to look beyond Ovie(age)...Trading Forsberg was stupid at the time of the trade and even dumber now

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Knowing a thing or two about Yakupov's relationships I know Larionov's advice played a big role in his decision making. The last word is always that of the player himself though and Yakupov is officially an idiot because he continued butchering his career instead of trying a different approach.

All the Russia stuff aside, Larionov is just an incompetent jerk, period. Samsonov should drop him.

I recall Yakupov's dad having choice words for Larionov during the lockout when Nail wanted to play in the KHL.
Larionov also went to the media after being fired by Galchenyuk. I can't think of many agents who would do that; it's quite unprofessional.

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
3 GP, 4.04 GAA, .859 SV% ... haven't watched any games, just looking at stats.
Hahaha wow! Looks like he doesn’t have any intention to let Carter Hart (4.81 GAA, .860 SV%) be the worse goalie of the AHL without putting a fight!

Joke aside, do you guys think that he will see some NHL action this year? How was he in camp compare to your actual NHL backup?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
As @Dr John Carlson mentioned, Hershey is garbage right now. He's played relatively well (especially in his first start), but the team as a whole is struggling and his numbers are suffering as the result of it. He still needs some AHL seasoning, but I could see him getting a cup of coffee in the NHL at some point this season.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Hahaha wow! Looks like he doesn’t have any intention to let Carter Hart (4.81 GAA, .860 SV%) be the worse goalie of the AHL without putting a fight!

Joke aside, do you guys think that he will see some NHL action this year? How was he in camp compare to your actual NHL backup?

Look no further than the Stotckon duo of Jon Gillies and Tyler Parsons who have combined to let in 23 goals on 120 shots to start the season for a SV% of .808.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Martin Brodeur also had terrible AHL numbers.

While I don't believe in judging a player - much less a rookie goalie - off of their numbers from a 6 game stretch, Brodeur did not have terrible AHL numbers. He was 13th in SVP amongst goalies with more than 20 GP.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Look no further than the Stotckon duo of Jon Gillies and Tyler Parsons who have combined to let in 23 goals on 120 shots to start the season for a SV% of .808.

How does our goaltending coach still have a job? He’s been here for like 7 years and every goalie he gets his hands on turn into complete poop.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
How does our goaltending coach still have a job? He’s been here for like 7 years and every goalie he gets his hands on turn into complete poop.
David Rittich disagrees.

Maybe the issue is he was given the goalies who are poop to begin with?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad