G Ilya Samsonov (2015, 22nd, WSH)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I just don’t get to watch the young Russian goalies in the KHL. Including the Isle’s and Ranger’s picks, is there a clear dividing line between the 4 kids?

There's 3 of them.

They are all very good. Shestyorkin and Sorokin are the two best right now, Samsonov is two years younger with theoretically more upside, but he's not as proven.

Reactions: Fixxer

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I just don’t get to watch the young Russian goalies in the KHL. Including the Isle’s and Ranger’s picks, is there a clear dividing line between the 4 kids?
4? Shestyorokin, Sorokin and Samsonov....who am I missing? All very good prospects. I'm highest on Sorokin.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
And how is he relevant to the issue at hand?
Larionov is blatantly incompetent at advising in general. Hasn't done much to/for Samsonov as his NA stint hasn't started yet, but if Samsonov wants a proper agent for the years to come he should consider a change. That is all.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Larionov is blatantly incompetent at advising in general. Hasn't done much to/for Samsonov as his NA stint hasn't started yet, but if Samsonov wants a proper agent for the years to come he should consider a change. That is all.
What you're trying to say is that it was Yakupov's agent's advice that torpedoed his career?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What you're trying to say is that it was Yakupov's agent's advice that torpedoed his career?
Not the only reason obviously, but it was a big part of it and it was obvious in every single statemnt by Larionov.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What he advise to yakupov?
To stay with the Oilers, to stay in the NHL for too long and he seems to always end up with teams where he is destined to fail.

Yak should have tried to revive his career in Russia long time ago. Less spotligt and pressure could have done wonders. Probably too late.

To stay perfectly on topic. Larionov recent statement on Samsonov's future was idiotic as always. He was disrespectful to the franchise that developed Samsonov and gave him the chance to play in the KHL. Burning bridges like that is not what an agent should do. The negative reply by the GM is understandable.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
To stay with the Oilers, to stay in the NHL for too long and he seems to always end up with teams where he is destined to fail.

Yak should have tried to revive his career in Russia long time ago. Less spotligt and pressure could have done wonders. Probably too late.

To stay perfectly on topic. Larionov recent statement on Samsonov's future was idiotic as always. He was disrespectful to the franchise that developed Samsonov and gave him the chance to play in the KHL. Burning bridges like that is not what an agent should do. The negative reply by the GM is understandable.

lol, what is this? Yakupov is 24 years old. Why would you expect a 1st overall pick to head home to an inferior league before his age-24 season instead of believing he has what it takes to make it in the NHL? Why do you think this was his agent's choice?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
lol, what is this? Yakupov is 24 years old. Why would you expect a 1st overall pick to head home to an inferior league before his age-24 season instead of believing he has what it takes to make it in the NHL? Why do you think this was his agent's choice?
1.Because I follow his career and he is in the league since his draft year unlike other players. There was plenty of time to figure out that he is struggling in the NHL.

2.Going to an "inferior" league where he would get a very different treatment than he does as a labeled bust in the NHL could do wonders to him... 2 years ago or so. Now probably not so much. Thank you, Mr.Larionov.

3.Because Larionov is a brainwashed idiot who loathes everything hockey related from the country that taught him to play hockey and ultimately be a star and earn a ton. That's not what I think, that's what everyone with a brain thinks.

Samsonov's stll GM for you:"Larionov... will never work towards Russia."

Величкин об отъезде Самсонова в НХЛ: «Его агент Ларионов никогда не будет работать в сторону России»

Reactions: pukovnik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad