G Igor Shestyorkin (2014, 118th, NYR)

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
I know Samsonov is coming over next season. Has Shestyorokin made any comments as to if and when he is coming over?
I haven't seen anything but he has two years left on his KHL deal not sure if that deal has an NHL out clause. But when he does come i can fully expect him to want the starters position

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I haven't seen anything but he has two years left on his KHL deal not sure if that deal has an NHL out clause. But when he does come i can fully expect him to want the starters position
Well hopefully he wants to come. He might be perfectly ok staying in Russia. That would suck.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
This is a bit over a year old, but

Q. Do you dream of playing in the NHL?
A. Yes, I would like to test myself there. However, I have three years left here yet.
Q. Maybe you will be called up to a summer training camp?
A. This year I didn't have time, maybe next time. I would like to go there and improve my English too.
Q. Henrik Lundqvist is your idol.
A. Yes, he has been for a long time. On games consoles, I play as the New York Rangers. I would like to meet him.

Igor Shestyorkin: "I feel comfortable in Saint Petersburg" - ХК СКА Санкт-Петербург.

Reactions: Lion Hound

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
32 of 33 saves. Good performance, but it doesn't seem like it'll be enough to get him the starting spot. Did Shestyorkin or Sorokin actually have a chance to start the first match? It doesn't seem like they did.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
That goal wasn’t really his fault either, someone should’ve cleared that puck

Didn’t he yell at Datsyuk for that?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Columbus wins their first round series, I hope he gets a chance to start at the World Championships. Znarok always plays worse goalies ahead of him, whether its for Russia or SKA, so with Znarok now out of both jobs, maybe Shestyorkin's play will determine whether he starts or not.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
If Columbus wins their first round series, I hope he gets a chance to start at the World Championships. Znarok always plays worse goalies ahead of him, whether its for Russia or SKA, so with Znarok now out of both jobs, maybe Shestyorkin's play will determine whether he starts or not.
Koskinen to Edmonton it serms. That leaves Shesterkin a a clear cut starter for SKA right now. Let's see what the offseason will bring, but that might mean Shesterkin is staying for now.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Koskinen to Edmonton it serms. That leaves Shesterkin a a clear cut starter for SKA right now. Let's see what the offseason will bring, but that might mean Shesterkin is staying for now.
I hope SKA is not bringing in another foreigner to tend the net.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

He was always staying this season. He has another season on his contract. A lot of Ranger fans didn't seem to understand the new KHL rules that you had to give notice that you are buying out the final season of a KHL contract 18 months in advance. Once we got to January and didn't hear word of that, he was staying with SKA for at least next season.

After next season will be when he has a decision to make. I'm sure SKA will offer him a very big contract, one he couldn't make in the NHL right away. He'll have to make a decision what he wants to do then. But as far as I'm concerned, the longer it goes this offseason and into the early parts of next season without him signing an extension, I think that indicates what his likely decision will be. With this type of decision that is so clear cut in what the potential options are, I don't think many players are going to run it down to the end of their contract unsure of what they will do. So I think the next 6 months on this front will likely tell the story on his plans for the next few years.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hope SKA is not bringing in another foreigner to tend the net.

They should promote Melnichuk to back up. Give him some games. Even if he's not great right away, it's not going to matter that much, as they'll still easily qualify for the playoffs in their conference as the first or second seed.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He was always staying this season. He has another season on his contract. A lot of Ranger fans didn't seem to understand the new KHL rules that you had to give notice that you are buying out the final season of a KHL contract 18 months in advance. Once we got to January and didn't hear word of that, he was staying with SKA for at least next season.

After next season will be when he has a decision to make. I'm sure SKA will offer him a very big contract, one he couldn't make in the NHL right away. He'll have to make a decision what he wants to do then. But as far as I'm concerned, the longer it goes this offseason and into the early parts of next season without him signing an extension, I think that indicates what his likely decision will be. With this type of decision that is so clear cut in what the potential options are, I don't think many players are going to run it down to the end of their contract unsure of what they will do. So I think the next 6 months on this front will likely tell the story on his plans for the next few years.
A lot of changes for SKA. Fairly unpredictable what the state of affairs will be in a year.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
They should promote Melnichuk to back up. Give him some games. Even if he's not great right away, it's not going to matter that much, as they'll still easily qualify for the playoffs in their conference as the first or second seed.
Money sacks tend to "play it safe" and get 5 guys where they need 2. That is what I am worried about. They might feel like they need another expensive goaltender just in case, which is absolutely stupid of course in their situation.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad