G Igor Shestyorkin (2014, 118th, NYR)

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Wow dang. Dude is a stud. Guess we have to wait.

Sorokin is in the same boat right? His contract ends same time right?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
KHL contract ends after 2019/20 season.. So still 2 more years after this year ends.

Thats off by a year. Its done after 18-19, there's confusion over whether he voided the final year of his last contract when he signed his most recent contract. Some sources don't think he did, but its been confirmed that he did, so its 18-19. And he could always buy out the last year, and come over next year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wow dang. Dude is a stud. Guess we have to wait.

Sorokin is in the same boat right? His contract ends same time right?

I think he extended it, so its one or two years after Shestyorkin. Prior to Sorokin's extension, his contract was up after this season.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Thats off by a year. Its done after 18-19, there's confusion over whether he voided the final year of his last contract when he signed his most recent contract. Some sources don't think he did, but its been confirmed that he did, so its 18-19. And he could always buy out the last year, and come over next year.

oh ok that's good to know.. I had just googled it and all the info back was 2019/20.. but 2018/19 is better!!

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thought the game winning goal he allowed today was goalie interference, hopefully Znaroks doesn't hold it against him that he got the loss. I don't think he played well, but I wouldn't say the loss was on him.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I thought the game winning goal he allowed today was goalie interference, hopefully Znaroks doesn't hold it against him that he got the loss. I don't think he played well, but I wouldn't say the loss was on him.
Oh, the D just forgot to show up. I mean Kaprizov was constantly trying to bail them out with no defenceman within a mile of the net. With little success, but who'd blame him as a winger?

Goals were not exactly on Shestyorkin.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Oh, the D just forgot to show up. I mean Kaprizov was constantly trying to bail them out with no defenceman within a mile of the net. With little success, but who'd blame him as a winger?

Goals were not exactly on Shestyorkin.

Obviously I don't care about one loss long-term, but Sorokin is pushing him for the starters spot at the Olympics and is very good, so every game matters.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
While Shestyorkin is arguably one of the top goalie prospects in the sport, we should always keep in mind that he has areas to work on - like all 21 year old goalies do.

He tends to play a little deep, could use fine tuning on positioning, making himself bigger, consistency and poise.

But these things are to be expected and should be noted. Lundqvist was an elite level goalie who was beginning the start of a HOF career when he jumped right in. For most other players, there's much more of a transition.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
While Shestyorkin is arguably one of the top goalie prospects in the sport, we should always keep in mind that he has areas to work on - like all 21 year old goalies do.

He tends to play a little deep, could use fine tuning on positioning, making himself bigger, consistency and poise.

But these things are to be expected and should be noted. Lundqvist was an elite level goalie who was beginning the start of a HOF career when he jumped right in. For most other players, there's much more of a transition.

Rebound control, as well. I think he does well with making himself big, actually, but I agree, all young goalies have things to work on.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Thought it was only fitting an Emperor replaces the King

Tsar makes more sense since that's Russia's version of a King. I think an emperor is an Asian thing.

Edit: Never mind, it's a European thing, I must have confused it with something else. "Roman emperor". Brain fart!

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Tsar makes more sense since that's Russia's version of a King. I think an emperor is an Asian thing.

Edit: Never mind, it's a European thing, I must have confused it with something else. "Roman emperor". Brain fart!
Also see this dude- Fedor Emelianenko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad