G Igor Shestyorkin (2014, 118th, NYR)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
At this rate he won't be eligible. 21 games left and if he plays 16 of them this will count as his rookie season.

If he plays 16 of those games and gets them in the playoffs, I'd put him in with Makar and Hughes as the Calder finalists this season!!.. but I dont see him doing that.. there are alot of games it seems close together.. some back to back games ... but hey, you never know!

I say if NYR rolls with him real hard, he will play probably 14 of the last 21 games at the very most

blindpass

May 7, 2010
If he plays 16 of those games and gets them in the playoffs, I'd put him in with Makar and Hughes as the Calder finalists this season!!.. but I dont see him doing that.. there are alot of games it seems close together.. some back to back games ... but hey, you never know!

I say if NYR rolls with him real hard, he will play probably 14 of the last 21 games at the very most
It probably depends how much he keeps winning and if he seems to be tiring. He should end up close to 26 games. If he plays that many and keeps the current results going he might be in the conversation.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Don't say that. You'll be verbally attacked by a lot of Canucks and Avalanche fans. Although, you are completely right. Binnington got 2nd place last year.

If the Rangers stay in the playoff race, he might get close to that number. The Rangers can't afford to be giving up games for free being in such a close race for a playoff spot. And we have an extremely hard schedule coming up in March, so there aren't any walkover games against the Wings. If we are out of it with five games to go, they probably ease up on his workload and make it more of a three goalie platoon, but otherwise I think Quinn is going to go with Shestyorkin a lot in net for the rest of the season.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
If Shesterkin someone manages to get the Rags into the playoffs, I absolutely would not want to draw them in the first round. The way the kid is playing right now, he could steal a couple games himself.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Rib fracture and on the ice taking shots a week later? Goalies are crazy and the guy is a maniac, but that's great news.

Don't say that. You'll be verbally attacked by a lot of Canucks and Avalanche fans. Although, you are completely right. Binnington got 2nd place last year.
There's a large difference between that guy saying if he plays a lot and keeps it up he could be a calder finalist, and your position which is calling it a travesty if he doesn't win the calder while doubling down on a multiple year long position of shitting on Makar and Hughes while they continually prove you wrong, much to your obvious dismay.

Reactions: The Sweetness

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
There's a large difference between that guy saying if he plays a lot and keeps it up he could be a calder finalist, and your position which is calling it a travesty if he doesn't win the calder while doubling down on a multiple year long position of shitting on Makar and Hughes while they continually prove you wrong, much to your obvious dismay.

There's also a large difference between what I said and what you claim, but don't let facts get in your way with all that reaching.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
There's also a large difference between what I said and what you claim, but don't let facts get in your way with all that reaching.

Which part of your post history are you pretending doesn't exist? Calling it a travesty if Shestyorkin doesn't win, or your multiple year long campaign of shitting on Makar and Hughes while they continue to prove you wrong? I'd rather do this in a different thread like the calder thread than clutter Shetyorkin's thread so quote this post in the calder thread and we'll go there.

Your post history is chock-full of comments about how you've disliked both from before their drafts and have consistently called them both overrated, likely to bust, worse than their peers. It would be effortless for me to demonstrate this.

And interestingly enough you had linked them both together years ago, long before this calder race, typecasted as the same small overrated player that can't defend and will probably bust.

You clearly come to a conclusion about things and then do not change your mind. This is not a good quality. You need to learn to evolve and allow your opinions to adapt over time as new information is introduced rather than entrenching yourself in a position from 2017 and being unwilling to move off until it's long, long past proven otherwise.

And if he keeps up anywhere close to his pace and doesn't win, that'd be a travesty... I'd suggest that in a season where there's a star rookie out there a guy who didn't play a full season probably doesn't have a chance to win, but it'd be taking quantity over quality to choose any of the other rookies over Shestyorkin for Calder, as long as he keeps it up.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Taking part in full at the morning skate today. Hopefully he’s ready to play on Saturday. We’ve fallen out of the playoff race for the time being mostly because Georgiyev and Lundqvist have been very mediocre the last number of games, unfortunately.

Reactions: doomscroll

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
Taking part in full at the morning skate today. Hopefully he’s ready to play on Saturday. We’ve fallen out of the playoff race for the time being mostly because Georgiyev and Lundqvist have been very mediocre the last number of games, unfortunately.

That’s great to see. Even if Shestyorkin needs another week to fully ease himself back, his presence in the majority of the final 12-13 games of the season could really benefit the consolidation of a ‘hungry’ mentality on the roster. That will be necessary if their playoff hopes continue to slip in the next few days (not to say this is a team that would succeed in the postseason).

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What a story it would be if Shesty once again gets them back into the playoff hunt... he got them close before he got hurt and then NYR lost a few... cmon Shesty do it again!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad