• upload_2018-12-18_18-10-34.jpeg
    upload_2018-12-18_18-10-34.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 93LEAFS

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Flyers played their best D of the year but Hart had to make 3 or 4 real good saves still. More importantly, he looked incredibly confident and comfortable. His attention to technique is so fun to watch.

Im not sure if he is here to stay yet, but he is not far away from being a full-time NHL goalie.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
I didn’t watch the game personally, and just from stat watching and what people have said, I’m guessing he looked pretty good tonight? He’s my favourite goaltending prospect and think he has huge potential, so if anyone can chime in on how he looked it would be appreciated :)

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
I didn’t watch the game personally, and just from stat watching and what people have said, I’m guessing he looked pretty good tonight? He’s my favourite goaltending prospect and think he has huge potential, so if anyone can chime in on how he looked it would be appreciated :)
Flyers D was solid and Detroit didn’t challenge Hart very much so he took the 1st star of the game but he didn’t stole the game in any way.

It was a beautiful game for us.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Was the two goals he let in soft or were they more on the D?

He had no shot on the first goal. Was completely screened and the shot sniped the stick-side top corner.

Second goal was a bit of a flukey bang-bang play practically on the doorstep with poor defensive coverage. It was stoppable but it wasn't egregious.

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
But why number #79, you asked?

full

« The tiny faces and beaming smiles were always there in the players' tunnel, the first two hopping on their toes to provide the perfunctory fist pump for everyone who stepped on and off the ice for the Everett Silvertips. Carter Hart was instantly drawn to them since he arrived to play as a 16-year-old in the Western Hockey League — Connor, a 7-year-old autistic boy, and Cavan, a 6-year-old, who were both at every Everett home game.

Carter Hart ;

My first development camp with the Flyers they gave me 79, just because the rookies get the higher numbers,” said Hart, who turned 20 on August 13 and wore No. 70 in Everett and will wear No. 31 for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.

“When I came back to Everett, Connor was there waiting for me, like he usually did, and he was yelling at me trying to show me his new jersey. He had a Flyers’ jersey with Hart No. 79 on the back. When I saw that, I decided I had to stick with No. 79, because there is a No. 79 out there. »

I probably would have stuck with No. 70, because that was my number in juniors. But because Connor had the Hart No. 79 Flyers’ jersey on, I realized I couldn’t change the jersey number now. I didn’t think Connor would have been too happy if I had the wrong jersey with the wrong number on the back. Because it was Connor, he was one of our biggest fans and it was really cool how much love Connor and Cavan gave us. To them, they’re 6, 7 years old, they look up to us. I couldn’t let them down. »

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Congrats Hart.
Gets the W in his NHL debut, not surprised, at all.
Carter Hart is a natural born winner i think.

17 starts as a pro: 10-5-2 record
- W% 58.8, so almost 60 percent

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
First NHL win;

Fleury : 18 y + 316 days
Price : 20 y + 55 days
Hart : 20 y + 127 days
Vasilevski : 20 y + 144 days
Luongo : 20 y + 238 days
Gibson : 20 y + 267 days
Crawford : 21 y +33 days
Quick : 21 y + 319 days
Bobrovsky : 22 y + 17 days

Reactions: BillDineen

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

full

« The tiny faces and beaming smiles were always there in the players' tunnel, the first two hopping on their toes to provide the perfunctory fist pump for everyone who stepped on and off the ice for the Everett Silvertips. Carter Hart was instantly drawn to them since he arrived to play as a 16-year-old in the Western Hockey League — Connor, a 7-year-old autistic boy, and Cavan, a 6-year-old, who were both at every Everett home game.

Carter Hart ;

My first development camp with the Flyers they gave me 79, just because the rookies get the higher numbers,” said Hart, who turned 20 on August 13 and wore No. 70 in Everett and will wear No. 31 for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.

“When I came back to Everett, Connor was there waiting for me, like he usually did, and he was yelling at me trying to show me his new jersey. He had a Flyers’ jersey with Hart No. 79 on the back. When I saw that, I decided I had to stick with No. 79, because there is a No. 79 out there. »

I probably would have stuck with No. 70, because that was my number in juniors. But because Connor had the Hart No. 79 Flyers’ jersey on, I realized I couldn’t change the jersey number now. I didn’t think Connor would have been too happy if I had the wrong jersey with the wrong number on the back. Because it was Connor, he was one of our biggest fans and it was really cool how much love Connor and Cavan gave us. To them, they’re 6, 7 years old, they look up to us. I couldn’t let them down. »

He's the 15th player in NHL history to wear #79, only Markov, Yashin and Ferland have had better careers than him.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

full

Carter Hart ;

This shows what kind of person Hart is.

As did the post game video of him, his family, and his billet....wanting his billet to be in all the pictures and telling the billet to hold the game puck.

Class 1 kid.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
First NHL win;

Fleury : 18 y + 316 days
Price : 20 y + 55 days
Hart : 20 y + 127 days
Vasilevski : 20 y + 144 days
Luongo : 20 y + 238 days
Gibson : 20 y + 267 days
Crawford : 21 y +33 days
Quick : 21 y + 319 days
Bobrovsky : 22 y + 17 days

All have been ruined for starting too early...

Most if not all of them returned to play some more minor pro before sticking in though. Hope Flyers send him back at some point.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
This shows what kind of person Hart is.

As did the post game video of him, his family, and his billet....wanting his billet to be in all the pictures and telling the billet to hold the game puck.

Class 1 kid.

Reading this story is impressive. This NJ fan and father is now a Carter Hart fan. Thanks for all who share this glimpse into the real player. Great great stuff. I hope those two kids get some quality time with him once he is established in the NHL. It will mean the world to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00