G Carter Hart (2016, 48th, PHI)

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
not happy about this (well...id be lying if i wasnt excited to see him play). I love Hart's potential but would have preferred him to stay in the AHL for more seasoning. Hell, hes only being called up so that the Flyers dont get boo'd out of the building tomorrow (which will still probably happen anyways). #FireHakstol

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If they ruin Hart I’m never going to forgive these fools

Best case is if he came up, got maybe a game, got a bunch of practices in with NHL'ers, backed up a few games and then went back to the minors. This kid is really, really good. No need to try to make the peg fit the hole, hopefully their goaltenders can heal up a bit.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
If there was ever a game where the players need to show up and play their "A" game it had better be tomorrow night. I wish the young man success and I to wish he could have stayed at LV all year

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
Wasn't he sort of getting lit up in the AHL? I hope I'm wrong about that but last time I checked he was near the bottom of that league in Save% so I'm not sure why they would want to bring him up to the Flyers, given how much in disarray they are, especially defensively.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Is it just me or is he under a boatload or pressure coming in? Philly is a tire fire right now and hot cooker for media, the team is playing like crap and he’s expected to come in a be the savior. Surprised they just didn’t grab another option for a 7th from a team rather then throwing him to the wolves

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Flyers goalies are mediocre, at best, and stricken with injuries. Hart has been playing much better in the A lately. Why not give him a game or 2 to assess his progress?

If he gets shelled and his game falls apart permanently, then he didn't have much to offer in the first place. I sincerely doubt that will happen to the best WHL goalie prospect since Carey Price. Not seeing much downside here guys.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Wasn't he sort of getting lit up in the AHL? I hope I'm wrong about that but last time I checked he was near the bottom of that league in Save% so I'm not sure why they would want to bring him up to the Flyers, given how much in disarray they are, especially defensively.

He got lit up early, .939 sv% 1.80 GAA his last 5 starts.

Straight butterfly, doesn’t always get his right pad flush to the ice when he drops. Does a good job tracking the puck, awful low glove hand. Struggled to adapt to AHL speed, but got there after a month and a half; probably the same thing in the NHL.

Ideal usage would have him play the midweek game, then spend weekends in Allentown or have him start 2nd game of B2B/3in 4 runs.

He’s not in ideal situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad