G Carter Hart (2016, 48th, PHI)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm excited for this kid. Very interested to see how he does in the AHL this year.

He certainly has both the physical and mental ability to adapt quickly, but the Phantoms do not play very structured hockey under Scott Gordon so I am not sure what to expect.

I think he will hit his stride around Christmas and just build from then on out.

Squats

Mar 27, 2013
Putting up those stats in the WHL makes me think he may just be the best goalie prospect ever. I think he should be the Flyers' starter right from the outset of training camp. This season, he will have no trouble making the jump from dominating against kids younger than himself in the WHL to dominating against men in the NHL. The only question that remains is how many Vezina trophies will he win during his career. My guess is he will make us all forget about the likes of Jacques Plante and Dominik Hasek.

woah relax there, he'll probably be a pretty good starter in the NHL. Vezina worthy? only time will tell. Jack Campbell and Chet Pickard were pretty good too. Oh and did you hear about Jake Oettinger? A lot of things can change in a season. Not saying he won't be amazing next year but don't get your hopes too high just yet.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I tend to worry about the "athletic" goalie prospects. They are often very inconsistent and subject to great swings in play even as professionals.

What makes me confident in Hart's success is that he through and through a "technical" goalie, and one of the best I've ever seen in that regard. Will he be a dominant Vezina winning goalie? Maybe, who knows. How he performs in the AHL will be very telling.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
woah relax there, he'll probably be a pretty good starter in the NHL. Vezina worthy? only time will tell. Jack Campbell and Chet Pickard were pretty good too. Oh and did you hear about Jake Oettinger? A lot of things can change in a season. Not saying he won't be amazing next year but don't get your hopes too high just yet.

He's not a Flyers fan and was being sarcastic.

Reactions: Tripod

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I tend to worry about the "athletic" goalie prospects. They are often very inconsistent and subject to great swings in play even as professionals.

What makes me confident in Hart's success is that he through and through a "technical" goalie, and one of the best I've ever seen in that regard. Will he be a dominant Vezina winning goalie? Maybe, who knows. How he performs in the AHL will be very telling.

What concerns me is he's going to be playing Goal for the Philly Flyers. A match made in hell.

Almost as bad as the Browns and QBs

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
What concerns me is he's going to be playing Goal for the Philly Flyers. A match made in hell.

Almost as bad as the Browns and QBs

Hopefully he breaks the curse. He should have a pretty formidable defense and a few quality defensive centers in front him. He will be given every opportunity for success.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Putting up those stats in the WHL makes me think he may just be the best goalie prospect ever. I think he should be the Flyers' starter right from the outset of training camp. This season, he will have no trouble making the jump from dominating against kids younger than himself in the WHL to dominating against men in the NHL. The only question that remains is how many Vezina trophies will he win during his career. My guess is he will make us all forget about the likes of Jacques Plante and Dominik Hasek.

Plante and Hasek were rookies too one day.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
His first career pro game (AHL) 31 saves and a W
Phantoms beat Sound Tigers 6-3, Carter Hart was 20/21 after 2 periods and Phantoms led 5-1 half way 3rd
1 pp goal and 1 other goal in the last 9 minutes of 3rd period.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
After a rough start to his pro career, Carter Hart has improved, significantly.
but then again...it didn't take very long , it took 4 bad, really bad games, in 5th he played like
previous seasons in the juniors.

vs Senators (10-27) : W 31 shots faced
vs Thunderbirds (11-09) : W 18 shots faced
vs Checkers (11-14) : W 37 shots faced

In those 3 games: 3 wins, 1.93 GAA, .923 SV%

Carter Hart is 4-2-2 in 8 games this season. So, even with his rough start to the season
he has played 10 points in 8 games (1,25) for his team, that's pretty sweet.

Due to his rough start; 16 goals against in his 4 first games Hart's stats does not tell the full story
of his recent form. 3.28 GAA, .893 SV% this season in 8 games

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Flyers seem to know how to draft goalies.
Ersson was my favorite from the 2018 draft. While I know nothing of Ustimenko, his numbers are impressive, especially the WJC 18.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
At least a few months to prove he's too good for the AHL too. I'm happy to wait, we've got a lot of Carter Hart in our future.

I saw someone say he's one of the best goalie NA prospects of all time. A lot of hyperbole there for sure, but he's breaking records every year.
I think hes going to need more than a few months. The transition from juniors to pros is brutal for goalies. He currently has some ugly numbers, but I have faith he'll turn it around.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Watching him tonight and while he’s only given up 1 goal on 21 shots so far(make that 2 on 22), I wonder how far he’ll progress playing pure butterfly.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Against the worst team on the conference. 1st goal was a ripper from in tight, didn’t even have time to raise his glove(very low glove hand, not sure he came out far enough)

2nd one was also high, not sure he had a chance.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Always like him as a prospect but his size worries me. Goalies these days are getting bigger and bigger and I feel 6 feet is too small.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->