G Anthony Brodeur - Penticton Vees, BCHL (2013, 208th, NJD)

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
me either, i have NHL 12 to thank for that. he was a projected top 5 pick in one of the drafts so i decided to see if he was real or not. low and behold

That makes no sense? How could Anthony Brodeur be in NHL 12 if plays at Shattuck St. Mary's?
I thought that game only included the CHL and NHL/AHL?

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Canadian parents. Automatically gets citizenship as a son of Canadians born on foreign soil. AFAIK.

Yeah that's how it works. My wife is American. Our daughter was born in the U.S. - but she has dual citizenship. Only one parent needs to be Canadian.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
That makes no sense? How could Anthony Brodeur be in NHL 12 if plays at Shattuck St. Mary's?
I thought that game only included the CHL and NHL/AHL?

I don't use the EA rosters, I use custom ones I found online that make the prospects more accurate . I have no idea what team he is on in the game

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
William Brodeur F 9 L 10/29/1996 5′-10″ 133 Essex Fells, NJ 43 14 21 35 40

Jeremy Brodeur G 9 L 10/29/1996 5’-10” 139 Essex Fells, NJ 30 1479 25 5 0 1.83 0.917 8 1 55

Wow, that surprises me, I remember those two playing on a Bantam B team just a few years ago and being far from dominant, does he have two OTHER sons?

Edit: nope, just looked it up, They must have developed extremely fast because not often do you see someone make the jump from B to AA. Either that or their last name was able to get them in there.

Last edited:

Analyzer*

Wow, that surprises me, I remember those two playing on a Bantam B team just a few years ago and being far from dominant, does he have two OTHER sons?

Edit: nope, just looked it up, They must have developed extremely fast because not often do you see someone make the jump from B to AA. Either that or their last name was able to get them in there.

His dad probably made a nice donation, but who knows..

RandyBobandi

Apr 16, 2012
Saskatchewan
I could see him playing for Canada if he is good enough since his dad and grandpa have played for team Canada. Would be cool to see him in the maple leaf

BLBarmada

I doubt the Q. They play at Shattuck, and they're from New Jersey. They would fall into the Q. No different than Ryan MacInnis

They're all 96 right ?

I can see teams like Saint John and Quebec taking them, and Martin played in the Q so maybe..

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Or they could move..

How old is the oldest ?

Anthony is a 95. He's been passed for the OHL draft twice. I don't think he had any interest in playing in the OHL nor do I think any OHL team was interested in him (or even a Q team for that matter). Odds are he'll play in the NCAA, if that much.

The Brodeur twins are both 96's. Even if they move (which is highly unlikely seeing as they're at an outstanding prep school) they'd have to spend 2 years of minor hockey in the area before they can be drafted or signed by a team outside of their territory (Taylor Hall moved from Calgary to Ontario at age 13-14 and played 2 years of minor hockey there before going into the OHL draft). Like others have said, they have to be passed twice in the OHL draft before they can go in the Q or dub draft (Claude Giroux passed in the OHL Draft twice and signed by Gatineau. However, I think Gatineau approached Giroux after he was passed the first time and he went and played Jr. B for a year then went and light it up with Gatineau)

IdontSpitOnTheIce

Apr 27, 2012

David Perron played Midget B at 15 or 16 XD

played for the blue at 19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad