G Anthony Brodeur - Penticton Vees, BCHL (2013, 208th, NJD)

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
As I understand it, it's based on region. Anthony went undrafted in the OHL and was eligible to go elsewhere in the CHL. Jeremy was drafted by Oshawa.

You are correct, and the OHL owns the regional rights. Anthony was passed over twice though in the OHL draft allowing him to freely sign elsewhere. Jeremy was selected during his second year of eligibility.

Same thing happened in the early 2000's with Claude Giroux.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Playing in the BCHL now for Penticton. 6-0-0 with a 1.43 GAA and a .946 SV%. Has looked good at the Jr. A level, but he is playing behind a stacked team.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Playing in the BCHL now for Penticton. 6-0-0 with a 1.43 GAA and a .946 SV%. Has looked good at the Jr. A level, but he is playing behind a stacked team.

I think he wasn't ready for the QMJHL, it kind of overwelmed him with their high scoring. Gatineau had some issues too.

He's doing well now in the BCHL 9-0-0 now with 1.55 GAA and .934 SV%.

Btw, even with his problems in Gatineau, his stats were still pretty close to Bellanger's. Bellanger is still in the QMJHL and personally I think Anthony is better.

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Is he a prospect or just drafted cause of his dad ?

The latter. When I saw that the Devils used a pick on him, I was a little upset. But after watching the video of them letting Marty announce the pick, it was a nice moment and it was only a 7th round pick. Devils relinquished his rights by not signing Anthony this year, but they invited him to summer prospect camp and helped him find the gig with Penticton.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
May have just been drafted by his dad but it wasn't crazy that he was drafted in general.. he was projected to go sometime late in the draft anyways.

Probably has a similar career arch as most other 7th round picks at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad