G Anthony Brodeur - Penticton Vees, BCHL (2013, 208th, NJD)

Jaysfanatic*

How does that work exactly? Not being snarky, just curious.

what Errettung said, but if you're asking about how it works whether he gets to choose? Well it'll only come up if both teams offer him a spot. Then he'll pick. If only Canada says come up and try out, he'll do that, and if the US does, then he'll do that.

Ovechniak

Apr 3, 2010
Pheonix
Wow he has pretty good stats.

Hope NJ Devils do everything they can to draft him and im sure Marty will have a huge role in that.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yes, that is true for hockey purposes. Once you play an over 18 tournament for a country that is your country under IIHF rules. Know I don't know if he is good enough to eventually make a World Junior roster (for whatever country). That's not me knocking him, I'm just not sure how good he is.

He is a dual citizen though. I wouldn't be shocked if he does reach that level if he picks the US. I do know he played his minor hockey in NJ.

Ah, okay. That makes sense. The poster I was quoting didn't say IIHF rules, he said 'the way it works in the US', which I took to mean the U.S. government (which obviously allows dual citizenship until any age). My mistake.

Jaysfanatic*

Yes, that is true for hockey purposes. Once you play an over 18 tournament for a country that is your country under IIHF rules. Know I don't know if he is good enough to eventually make a World Junior roster (for whatever country). That's not me knocking him, I'm just not sure how good he is.

He is a dual citizen though. I wouldn't be shocked if he does reach that level if he picks the US. I do know he played his minor hockey in NJ.

He also cheers for Canada. I'm sure Marty will let him choose what is best for him without interfering.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

If you look at the date it is new years eve so I say it means he was un happy that canada lost to the swedes lol

Oh yeah that's what I was thinking. I guess he's a fan of Team Canada since he's used to his dad in a maple leaf.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Anothny Brodeur

I know it's still very early and even esspecially early because he's a goalie, but does anyone know how good he is? Is he even as close as good to his dad (stupid question). I also don't know much about him except he played on a great Shattuck team this year with Mackinnon and Cammararta.

Ovechniak

Apr 3, 2010
Pheonix
Brodeur's Son.

Hello, i was having a conversation with my friend and we started talking about goalies and my friend tells me that Martin Brodeur has a son that is playing hockey and he is a goalie too.

If someone could inform who he plays for? Also what year can he be drafted if at all?

Thank you, Ovechniak :)

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
He plays for Shattuck and is a 95. So I guess that makes him eligible in 2013.

OnlyTheBrave*

Does he play the same style as his father? LOL

What is up with the LOL part?

Anyways, I wonder if he's grown, he was last listed at 5'9"...he needs to get to at least 5'11"ish at LEASt, hopefully he gets to around 6'-6'1"...

Nik Lidstrom's son plays as well, I think he's eligible for 2013 as well.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008

Anyways, I wonder if he's grown, he was last listed at 5'9"...he needs to get to at least 5'11"ish at LEASt, hopefully he gets to around 6'-6'1"...

Well, don't really want this to be a thread about Marty but let's just say that a young goalie wouldn't get very far playing that style nowadays.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004

They're still, what, 16, maybe 17? No guarantee either is good enough to be drafted. Although sounds like Brodeur's son plays pretty well and he's got the name to give him a boost if nothing else seperates him from some other prospects. Lidstrom's son I'm guessing must be pretty decent because he's playing from some elite hockey school in Sweden. However, theres hundreds of other kids playing out of that plus kids from all over who are draft eligable, so he might not be drafted.

OnlyTheBrave*

Well, don't really want this to be a thread about Marty but let's just say that a young goalie wouldn't get very far playing that style nowadays.

You mean the style that won Fleury his cup a little over 2yrs ago?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad