G Aleksandar Georgiev (2014 undrafted; UFA signed by NYR)

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017

mentions in the interview posted above he went to a foreign language school when he was 10. Pretty impressed with his English. With Pavelec a UFA this year, is there a chance he wins the backup position for next year?

Sounds like he picked up a finnish accent on his english while in Finland, lol.

Reactions: FinPanda

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Probably won't happen with the Rangers, but I could see him being a nice trade chip in a few years, maybe as soon as after next season.

Lundqvist is 36 years old and Georgiyev is 22 years old - seems like the perfect timeline to groom Georgiyev as a starter in NY to me.

Reactions: Fixxer

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If Lundqvist retires from NHL after this season, then he will be nr. 1.
Well, yeah. If Lundqvist gets shanghaied by Chinese pirates or abducted by aliens, G will be the #1 also. But Lundqvist is still under contract and has given zero indication he is considering leaving to play elsewhere or stop playing at all. If Henrik retired it's a lot different than it would be if he's outplayed and loses the #1 spot.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
when he can officially take over the no.1 spot ?
Never until Lundqvist is gone but then we’ll have Shesty on the team too. Good problem to have and just trade one of them. Lundqvist is still really good and Georgiev will come down to earth soon

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He had an early seat. Stopped 3 of 6 shots.

Not his fault, these defensemen don't play much defense, and the forward lines are a disaster.

Reactions: Lays

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Love Geo. Rangers will be getting a solid return for him next season.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s pretty clear Hank will ride out his contract as a Ranger.

NMC
Hank’s comments
NYR brass comments
Expansion Draft

I agree. It's up to Hank because of the NMC, and I doubt he wants to leave, but I'd much rather Hank goes than Geo.

They need to give Geo more games this season than he's played early on. You aren't going to get that much for him if he doesn't even reach 30 games this season.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
I hope they continue to get him in more and more games, maybe even a back to back start after the shutout? along with some more starts in Hartford, at his age he does need to play. He reminds me a bit of Raanta but he's got his own style as well. Really efficient with his movements, staying square, challeneges shooters and good at not making the first move when on his game. Would be fun if one day both he and Shesty are pushing each other for number 1 here.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hope they continue to get him in more and more games, maybe even a back to back start after the shutout? along with some more starts in Hartford, at his age he does need to play. He reminds me a bit of Raanta but he's got his own style as well. Really efficient with his movements, staying square, challeneges shooters and good at not making the first move when on his game. Would be fun if one day both he and Shesty are pushing each other for number 1 here.

I think Raanta is more athletic. Geo is more of a positional goalie. Raanta has obviously become really good positionally though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad