G Aleksandar Georgiev (2014 undrafted; UFA signed by NYR)

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Man what a beast. The more shots he faces the better he is. This has happened in the AHL too where’s he had like 40 shots against and 0-1 goal against.

Perhaps he’s got a shot at the backup role next year?

Solid numbers after 3 games on a tanking team with a terrible defence

Reactions: NewYorkNick

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
37 shots against, 2 allowed
.930 in 3 games
He’s only 22 as well, goalies don’t hit their prime until the later 20s. I think he has a solid chance at being a starter
33 saves in 37 the game before and in his first game he had 38 saves out of 40 shots

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
37 shots against, 2 allowed
.930 in 3 games
He’s only 22 as well, goalies don’t hit their prime until the later 20s. I think he has a solid chance at being a starter
33 saves in 37 the game before and in his first game he had 38 saves out of 40 shots

Goaltenders with his experience level in NA hockey should be getting shelled with all those shots against. He’s been amazing.

Reactions: haveandare

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Goaltenders with his experience level in NA hockey should be getting shelled with all those shots against. He’s been amazing.
I don't know.

I would say that, among all positions, goalies should have the easiest transition.

There are some differences in angles and traffic in front of the net, but there shouldn't be any difference in technique.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don't know.

I would say that, among all positions, goalies should have the easiest transition.

There are some differences in angles and traffic in front of the net, but there shouldn't be any difference in technique.

I agree but he’s jumped for the Liiga to the AHL to the NHL in a short span and only gotten better. That’s rare. Facing as many shots as he has, he should have a save % under .900 right now.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Only 22 as well, I doubt 99% of people know this kids name, we (Rangers) have the best goalie pipeline in the NHL imo

Shestyorkin
Georgiev
Huska (who’s really underrated)
AV has confirmed Georgiev will start his 2nd game in a row against the Pens tomorrow night, crazy part about it is that Lundqvist has been good lately. Georgiev against the Pens offense should be interesting though he did stop 13 of 14 against Tampa’s offense

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Only 22 as well, I doubt 99% of people know this kids name, we (Rangers) have the best goalie pipeline in the NHL imo

Shestyorkin
Georgiev
Huska (who’s really underrated)

You forgot Mazanec, who was playing really well in Hartford before he got hurt. He turns 27 in July. I wouldn't count him out of winning the backup spot next year.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
You forgot Mazanec, who was playing really well in Hartford before he got hurt. He turns 27 in July. I wouldn't count him out of winning the backup spot next year.
Mazanec is meh. I don’t mind giving him a shot but I like Georgiev better and him playing in the NHL and getting accustomed to it will help with his development. Let him get a good amount of starts next year as well

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Faces 40 shots against PIT - saves 37 and Rangers end up winning.

Save % at .930 after 5 games now

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Dominant performance by him against the Pens and I think Pens fans will agree with that
His 2nd start in a row, 37 saves on 40 shots including stopping Malkin on a penalty shot with 11 seconds to go, clutch save
Numerous huge saves

Edit- looks like I was just beat to it

Reactions: haveandare

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
How crazy would it be if G grabs onto the goalie spot and Shestorkin can't knock him out of it?

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Throws the team on his back once again. AV couldn't get an easier job, just toss Georgiev in goal.

How crazy would it be if G grabs onto the goalie spot and Shestorkin can't knock him out of it?

Anything can happen. Age is soo close, less than 2 months apart.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I’d be really shocked considering I didn’t think Georgiev would be anything more than a decent AHLer. Didn’t really impress me preseason but he’s taking his chance and running with it, Shesty will be better imo but it’s great to see both doing amazing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad