G Aleksandar Georgiev (2014 undrafted; UFA signed by NYR)

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
He is 6'1 what kind of weed are you smoking. "midget size"

6'1'' is like the bottom 25% in NHL keeper size before the changes to equipment. Or conversely, you need to be a ninja to make the team if shorther than 6'0''.

Raanta was 6'0'' if you want to compare.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Hank still has the flu by the weekend, I would highly suspect he will. We have a B2B with the Caps/Devils on Fri/Sat.

I don't think so. Its not like goalies can't go back to back, they need to get Pavelec more game time, and Georgiyev isn't even playing that well at the AHL level, although Hartford sucks.

And it would only apply if Hank is still sick. If he's not, Georgiyev goes back down.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I don't think so. Its not like goalies can't go back to back, they need to get Pavelec more game time, and Georgiyev isn't even playing that well at the AHL level, although Hartford sucks.

And it would only apply if Hank is still sick. If he's not, Georgiyev goes back down.

Some games Georgiev won for Hartford. He's had some big games for them.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Needs a few more games like that to get his numbers back up, but those are some amazing performances.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Had a rough start behind a gong show team but seems to be settling in now, Hartford also playing a bit better lately, not much though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's been very good recently. He's at .908. If he gets that up to .910 by the end of the season, I'd say that's a successful season for his first in the AHL. Hartford is bad nearly every year, so I think what quantities as a good SV % with that team should be adjusted. I'm not sure I think he's NHL ready, but maybe he could be the backup by the middle of next season.

Pavelec also just got injured. They said they'd know more about it today. If it keeps him out of action, Georgiyev could get the call up, but I'd prefer he not because he'd just be backing Hank up and likely wouldn't play. Let him get more games in the AHL. He's playing well, I don't think we should interrupt his rhythm to be an NHL backup yet.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wonder if he gets a a game while he’s up? Rags got nothing to lose really.

We aren't Rags.

The coach is trying to keep his job, so he might have something to lose. There's a back to back Saturday and Sunday, so maybe he gets one of those games, but the team is awful and the starting goalie is pretty much the main reason the team isn't the leading Dahlin contenders. If they want to win, they need him in goal just about every game he can play.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
If he plays a game he’ll get his Hartford defense behind him lol
Pionk, Deangelo, Gilmour, Sproul all have been called up recently due to injuries (they’ve played really well, especially Pionk) Sproul just got called up so he’s yet to see his first game. Holden is also in the lineup as well as Skjei.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00