Future of minor league hockey & the echl

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Look for the RPCC ice surface to be obscured by sponsor advertising next season ala the Allen County WM Coliseum surface in Ft. Wayne. Might be a pitch made to the ECHL BOGs as well to expand adverts on uniforms. Good for teams, familiar for NASCAR/hockey crossover fans.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

UNITEDINBLUE

May 17, 2017
I’ve been lurking this thread for a while now and as a Manchester fan I just wanted to put some input into the whole Monarchs situation. I agree with what was previously said. The Monarchs alienated fans by trying to pass off the team as the same when they moved from the AHL to the ECHL. You can see it in their attendance numbers. The first year under the ECHL banner they drew a respectable number. Fans probably realized that the product on the ice was completely different and stopped attending games. I think that another factor (which also plays into the whole trying to disguised the team as the same thing) is the lack of advertising. I mean there is absolutely NO advertising in Manchester. No billboards, no signs absolutely nothing except for a small little street sign that says “monarchs country” when you get off of 93. You wouldn’t even think the team existed anymore if your a local. The local ownership isn’t really involved in the city as well. I really believe that Worcester is thriving because of advertising, the ownership, and the few year gap without hockey, unlike Manchester. I mean, I’m from north of Boston and I saw a billboard advertising the Railers.

I really hope that Manchester gets the Bruins affiliation. I really think that it’s the only thing that will keep this franchise alive. Games have been so dead and depressing since the move to the ECHL. What was one a lively and fun AHL hockey city has turned into a dead and depressing ECHL hockey city.

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I’ve been lurking this thread for a while now and as a Manchester fan I just wanted to put some input into the whole Monarchs situation. I agree with what was previously said. The Monarchs alienated fans by trying to pass off the team as the same when they moved from the AHL to the ECHL. You can see it in their attendance numbers. The first year under the ECHL banner they drew a respectable number. Fans probably realized that the product on the ice was completely different and stopped attending games. I think that another factor (which also plays into the whole trying to disguised the team as the same thing) is the lack of advertising. I mean there is absolutely NO advertising in Manchester. No billboards, no signs absolutely nothing except for a small little street sign that says “monarchs country” when you get off of 93. You wouldn’t even think the team existed anymore if your a local. The local ownership isn’t really involved in the city as well. I really believe that Worcester is thriving because of advertising, the ownership, and the few year gap without hockey, unlike Manchester. I mean, I’m from north of Boston and I saw a billboard advertising the Railers.

I really hope that Manchester gets the Bruins affiliation. I really think that it’s the only thing that will keep this franchise alive. Games have been so dead and depressing since the move to the ECHL. What was one a lively and fun AHL hockey city has turned into a dead and depressing ECHL hockey city.
The echl monarchs seem to be charging ahl prices Maine Mariners at Manchester Monarchs
Springfield Thunderbirds at Providence Bruins

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
the difference between the two, is Portland has had multiple years with Spectra whereas AEG did the same until 2015
SMG operates the snnhu arena i dont think Delaware north has Concessions there if that matters for a possible bruins affiliation

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
SMG operates the snnhu arena i dont think Delaware north has Concessions there if that matters for a possible bruins affiliation
AEG is the Kings, Centrum, they're the ones who built SNHU

SNHU was designed/built by HOK, BUT It has been host to several exhibition/preseason games with both Celtics and Bruins, it is also confirmed to be home of the NCAA East Regional leading up to the Frozen 4 this year on a rotation schedule which began in 2004, as well as the annual game between UNH and Maine on the rotation basis

SNHU Arena

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
that does not make any sense to me you edited your post after i wrote mine but you still did nothing to disprove what i posted
as long as Luc Robitaille remains in charge of the Kings affiliation, they have a long term agreement with the franchise they founded, that Manchester remains the affiliate of the LA Kings, that was agreed upon when the franchise was sold to local ownership, much like Worcester is owned locally, not by St. Louis or San Jose, do you understand that...

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
as long as Luc Robitaille remains in charge of the Kings affiliation, they have a long term agreement with the franchise they founded, that Manchester remains the affiliate of the LA Kings, that was agreed upon when the franchise was sold to local ownership, much like Worcester is owned locally, not by St. Louis or San Jose, do you understand that...
I dont think anyone here is trying to say they are not a kings affiliate i do remember Luc Robitaille saying that after he sold the team .People on the board are making the argument that the monarchs brand has been run into the ground by the kings and the new owners and they would be better off with Boston or if Boston's not interested re branding the team and getting a new affiliate

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
i dont think anyone here is trying to say they are not a kings affiliate i do remember Luc Robitaille saying that after he sold the team .People on the board are making the argument that the monarchs brand has been run into the ground by the kings and the new owners and they would be better off with Boston or if Boston's not interested re branding the team and getting a new affiliate
not the point, Centrum:

it's still the Kings affiliation until another team ends an existing agreement, much like the Toronto/Orlando and the Rangers/Greenville deals ended..... for Portland and Newfoundland, where does it state anywhere that the Monarchs branding is changing independent of who the affiliate is..... you were already told that the brand isn't changing.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
not the point, Centrum:

it's still the Kings affiliation until another team ends an existing agreement, much like the Toronto/Orlando and the Rangers/Greenville deals ended..... for Portland and Newfoundland, where does it state anywhere that the Monarchs branding is changing independent of who the affiliate is..... you were already told that the brand isn't changing.
it would be a shame if they dont do something soon if the season ended today they monarchs would have averaged less people this year than the 2011/2012 Chicago Express who folded after one season ECHL 2018-19 team attendance at hockeydb.com
Chicago Express yearly attendance at hockeydb.com
it was a great hockey market at one point

Last edited:

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
SNHU is an SMG run building. No need to take anyone's word for it, the SMG logo is right at the bottom of the arena's webpage.

If they become the Manchester Bruins it would be a very safe bet that Delaware North would be in the company running the concessions at SNHU Arena at some point after the affiliation is announced.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Monarchs for sale

How long will the current owners hold on if a buyer isn’t found?
this is no different than Portland..... how many local owners have been in our franchise history over the years and the ECHL, like the AHL CAN, AND WILL work with the franchise just as the article mentions, when the current owners bought the franchise from AEG....

REMEMBER, Portland's transition after the sudden passing of Tom Ebright in 1997 and the transition from the Ebright trust to Lyman Bullard and Petrovek, that is what Manchester is facing here, and how the AHL assisted in securing that ownership.... the ECHL is likely aware of this, if not, they will be, but it does answer the question over the brand that has seemed to have been called into question, lately.

according to the weekly ECHL Week , Manchester has led/leading the league in recalls to the AHL IN EVERY YEAR since the transition from being primarily a Kings affiliate as they were the 1st 14 years, so something is going right developmentally

Last edited:

UNITEDINBLUE

May 17, 2017
Monarchs for sale

How long will the current owners hold on if a buyer isn’t found?
Hopefully some good will come to this. I'm hoping a reliable owner who cares about this teams success on and off the ice is found. But you all know how rare that is nowadays. I'm really not sure if we will see a sale. Who would want to buy this team in the state that it is in?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Hopefully some good will come to this. I'm hoping a reliable owner who cares about this teams success on and off the ice is found. But you all know how rare that is nowadays. I'm really not sure if we will see a sale. Who would want to buy this team in the state that it is in?
would you rather Manchester go the way Worcester and Portland and Newfoundland had to scratch, claw and cajole, especially after the same decision that AEG made in Manchester in 2015.... had the Kings not applied to start a franchise in Ontario, would there be a Monarchs franchise existing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad