WWE: Future Endeavormania 2016

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Kidd isn't going anywhere as long as Nattie's on Total Divas.

And even then, probably not.

She still doesn't really have a spot on TV. If she made a surprise return, there would be no reaction.
A surprise return?? Hasn't Naomi been on TV a lot over the past couple months?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Suspended.

They fired her, but as soon as people started going nuts on Twitter about it, it was like a light bulb lit in someone's head and they went "you know, this was pretty ****ing stupid and rash" and then rehired her.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Rose is a dumbass. Dude has the whole internet behind him when WWE suspended him for the Wellness violation that he proved he had doctors supervision for and even got reinstated, and now he pulls this.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Rose is a dumbass. Dude has the whole internet behind him when WWE suspended him for the Wellness violation that he proved he had doctors supervision for and even got reinstated, and now he pulls this.

Yep. Every single wrestling fan was hoping for Rose no matter what after that ESPN special or whatever it was.

Now? Not so much. I'll wait till it plays out but it doesn't seem good.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I'm sure he was thinking of all of our support for him when he got into a fight with his mrs over something we don't even know.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
Adam Rose better pray to the heavens above that he isn't convicted.
Even if not, I imagine the morals clause is probably broad enough that they can terminate him with a fair amount of discretion. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it to next week.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Even if not, I imagine the morals clause is probably broad enough that they can terminate him with a fair amount of discretion. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it to next week.
They'll do nothing until the case is over, he'll be suspended for the duration and then fired if convicted. They have room to fire him even if not convicted ofc, but the suspension part is automatic in the policy.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
They'll do nothing until the case is over, he'll be suspended for the duration and then fired if convicted. They have room to fire him even if not convicted ofc, but the suspension part is automatic in the policy.
Eh it depends on the case itself. He'll likely plead quickly, but if it goes to trial, it could be 2017 before the case is resolved. I can't see the WWE waiting that long. They're almost certainly conducting their own investigation into the matter now to weigh the merits of the charges.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
They don't have to wait that long, they can fire him whenever they want, for whatever they want.

It's just their policy regarding this kind of thing stats that they'll be suspended for the duration, and fired or reinstated when it's resolved. If they fire him for being arrested and before the case is over, then he's got grounds for wrongful termination.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
They don't have to wait that long, they can fire him whenever they want, for whatever they want.

It's just their policy regarding this kind of thing stats that they'll be suspended for the duration, and fired or reinstated when it's resolved. If they fire him for being arrested and before the case is over, then he's got grounds for wrongful termination.
Then they "fire" him without cause in the meantime. He is an "independent contractor" after all, so it probably just requires written notice to terminate his services. I still imagine they're looking into the case to make sure it has merit.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
And he'll make the argument that he's being fired for being arrested, when the company has a policy in place to handle this very situation.

If they fire him now they'll need an unrelated legit reason to fire him. That reason can easily be "it's firing season, he was on the cutting list", but they can't be saying there was no reason as he would have a very defensible position.

Still, the WWE doesn't need the negative PR from it. Even less when his wellness suspension is questionable based on the note from his doctor that he released. They can just avoid the entire thing and wait for the courts to deal with everything. If he does end up coming back, you can just fire him a couple moths later and no one will care at all. It's not like he's getting paid anything while suspended, so it's not going to cost them money or anything.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Christian has been released from his wrestling contract.

He'd still been a 'wrestler' for the last couple of years, despite the fact that the WWE were never going to use him again. He'll still be doing other stuff with the company, just not getting paid for not wrestling I guess.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Adam Rose has been arrested. Link. If anything comes of it I expect he's done.

I was rooting for him, too.

So much for that. See ya later!

Per Wrestlezone:

Apparently, taking the phone away from her is the 'Tampering with a Witness" charge and is a felony in Florida. Grabbing her face was the Battery charge and is a misdemeanor.

Part of me is very bothered and part of me is meh. Rose was one of the guys who you could enjoy because he busted his ass to get where he was. He made pennies trying to make it big and would do anything he could. Dude worked hard for his family.

His frustration got the best of him. I don't know the whole story, but taking a phone away seems very small. That was just emotion getting the best of him. If he grabbed his wife, that's disappointing. There is never a need to grab or hit anyone. Period. When frustration boils over like that, get the **** out and take your anger out at the gym. You cannot risk your life over that.

WHile I don't believe grabbing and taking a phone away is really worth a felony, there is also no place for it. Just disappointing all around. Very disappointing.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Actively trying to stop someone from reporting a crime really isn't something small at all. I've no idea how you can think it is.

:laugh: The guy realizes his life is ruined if that call is made. Everything he had riding on the line is gone. So yes... I sort of understand why a person would plead for that not to happen. I would understand why a guy would not want that call to be made. I even understand why the guy would attempt to take a phone away. Sorry, I'm not living behind some facade. I'll be honest enough to say "Yeah... I get that."

Judging by the small amount of information available, I do not think the call had to go to 911. But like I said, I have only read the very small information given about it. I do not know anything else. Personally, I think that should be handled at home with a divorce. I do not think the cops need to get involved. But then again, I was not there to see if physical force was actually used. If so - then the call was needed.

Roses' wife: During the hearing, Rose's wife said they have a special needs child who needs both parents.

Rose's lawyer also argued Rose's actions were "not aggressive or painful" but rather "more of a passionate, 'Hey, let's talk about this.'"

Example - I've been in an argument with my ex-gf before. I went to leave and she grabbed my arm. I did not call 911 or claim abuse. It wasn't abuse. She wanted to get my attention and work things out before me leaving.

Please realize - I was not at the scene to know the extent of everything. If she was saying things like "I'm going to call 911 and you can kiss your career goodbye for laying hands on me" then wouldn't you understand it? We don't know how the scene went down. I don't know how hard he grabbed her... Did he just grab the arm to gain attention? If yes - I see that pretty much weekly and don't believe that's physical harm. Did he grab her with both arms aggressively? Then yes... it's a huge deal.

Way too many things to take into consideration.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I understand what you're saying CP...I would venture to agree with you...but not knowing everything, its tough to take a side here

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I understand what you are saying CP. No one here was there, we don't know what happened.

Is his wife the type that would make a 'threat' like that? Or did she feel that she was truly in danger? It's really hard to say that a call to 911 should not have been made.

If the reports are true and he grabbed her face to pull her closer to yell at her, that is VERY different from grabbing someone's arm to get their attention so that the conversation can continue.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I understand what you're saying CP...I would venture to agree with you...but not knowing everything, its tough to take a side here

I understand what you are saying CP. No one here was there, we don't know what happened.

Is his wife the type that would make a 'threat' like that? Or did she feel that she was truly in danger? It's really hard to say that a call to 911 should not have been made.

If the reports are true and he grabbed her face to pull her closer to yell at her, that is VERY different from grabbing someone's arm to get their attention so that the conversation can continue.

Yep. You are both 100% correct. I don't think I am opposing Kimi. I'm just trying to be realistic at this time and the very small amount of information we have.

The one thing I hate is when we, as humans, talk **** on people for making mistakes. We ALL make mistakes and we ALL are subject to make more. If my girlfriend had a naked picture of me and she said she was going to post it on the internet (using the Seth Rollins incident here), what type of force would I take to get that off her? I would probably grab the phone or attempt to get the phone because that moment in time could absolutely change my career. I'm extremely anti-violence in heated situations but man when a career/lifestyle is on the line... so much self-control goes out the window.

Once again, I'm not condoning any action taken. I'm just trying to not act like I wouldn't have made the same mistake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad