WWE: Future Endeavormania 2016

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Just because Sandow was massively entertaining didn't mean he wasn't a quality wrestler as well. I always appreciated how he tied moves together in combination to maintain flow in the match. He even had a flow from his finisher to the pin instead of disengaging with his opponent and then reingaging for the pin, like so many others do. The only other wrestler I see doing that on a *consistent* basis is Sasha Banks.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Just because Sandow was massively entertaining didn't mean he wasn't a quality wrestler as well. I always appreciated how he tied moves together in combination to maintain flow in the match. He even had a flow from his finisher to the pin instead of disengaging with his opponent and then reingaging for the pin, like so many others do. The only other wrestler I see doing that on a *consistent* basis is Sasha Banks.

Both of them came from the Chaotic Wrestling promotion up in New England, FWIW. Pretty sure Sandow would be welcomed back with open arms, though I bet he can work indies anywhere he wants now.

Never understood that Miz deal and the aftermath. "Punishing" the guy for that sent the wrong message to everyone else.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I feel bad for Sandow, although I feel like getting out is a blessing in disguise for him. There's definitely someone who will see and take advantage of the potential in the guy.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
If they intend to let Ryback go, you`d have to think today is the day.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If they intend to let Ryback go, you`d have to think today is the day.

If their trademark issues with him could be affected by his contract status, they may hold off. I don't think they will but they certainly could.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Definitely see Sandow as someone who would succeed in Japan.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It seems like Barrett is at least leaving on good terms. Probably just wants to try new things as he said instead of being outright done with the business.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I never understood why WWE broke up the Miz/Mizdow team. Sandow was finally over (he was never over prior) when he served as Miz's "stunt double". Why are they so eager to get away from the things that WORK so often?

It reminds me of when they split The Real Americans up. You have this entity that's working; why be so eager break it up? Keep it together. Let the star(s) emerge in due time.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Sandow - what a waste of talent. Happy to see Alex Riley go, I find that guy ridiculously annoying when he shows up on NXT.

Crazy Vince released his own son too.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I never understood why WWE broke up the Miz/Mizdow team. Sandow was finally over (he was never over prior) when he served as Miz's "stunt double". Why are they so eager to get away from the things that WORK so often?

It reminds me of when they split The Real Americans up. You have this entity that's working; why be so eager break it up? Keep it together. Let the star(s) emerge in due time.
I don't know where you're coming from. Everything they've given to Sandow, he got it over. The Savior of Masses, the Rhode Scholars, the imitator gimmick, the stunt double. He knocked them all out of the park. My brother used to tune in to RAW last year just to see what Sandow would do next. He was crazy over as a midcarder and as others pointed out, he was a decent enough wrestler. His gimmick was never Main Event material but he was good enough to become a IC/US champ instead of Axel, Kalisto, Miz (pre-Maryse), etc.

Honestly, they should have given him the title instead of Ryder at Mania.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Potentially interesting sign (Highly, HIGHLY unlikely though)

Randy Orton's superstar page on WWE.com gives you a loop. Clicking on him sends you back to the main superstar page.

There were rumors of him being insulted when he got put on pre-show duty too...And then there's the like 43 wellness violations.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I don't know where you're coming from. Everything they've given to Sandow, he got it over. The Savior of Masses, the Rhode Scholars, the imitator gimmick, the stunt double. He knocked them all out of the park. My brother used to tune in to RAW last year just to see what Sandow would do next. He was crazy over as a midcarder and as others pointed out, he was a decent enough wrestler. His gimmick was never Main Event material but he was good enough to become a IC/US champ instead of Axel, Kalisto, Miz (pre-Maryse), etc.

Honestly, they should have given him the title instead of Ryder at Mania.

Damien Sandow is talented. I agree that he did well with every gimmick he was given and I know the IWC loves him.

He wasn't ever over with the majority of the WWE audience (until the stunt double character). Most people didn't care. He got little to no reaction.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Potentially interesting sign (Highly, HIGHLY unlikely though)

Randy Orton's superstar page on WWE.com gives you a loop. Clicking on him sends you back to the main superstar page.

There were rumors of him being insulted when he got put on pre-show duty too...And then there's the like 43 wellness violations.

Randy Orton isn't going anywhere. And I don't even remember him being on any pre-show.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Hot take alert: If I'm WWE, I would look at releasing Orton. No idea what he makes, but I bet his downside is in the top 5-7 in the company. Maybe I just don't have a good mind for creative, but what can you really do with him at this point?

- You can't put him in the main event picture, because he's not much of a money draw. As a babyface, I don't see him as someone to move merch. And he's better as a heel, but that got played out in 2014.

- It's not as if the guy is going to jump to TNA or something and lead some great resurgence.

- The guy has been hurt a lot of the time the last two years and he has that shoulder issue that makes him more prone to separations.

- The best thing you could maybe use him for is to put guys over....and I could see a guy like him becoming a pain in the butt once he has to do jobs for whomever is coming down the pike.

What's the Randy Orton match you really want to see? Lesnar? Maybe in 2014, but not now.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Hot take alert: If I'm WWE, I would look at releasing Orton. No idea what he makes, but I bet his downside is in the top 5-7 in the company. Maybe I just don't have a good mind for creative, but what can you really do with him at this point?

- You can't put him in the main event picture, because he's not much of a money draw. As a babyface, I don't see him as someone to move merch. And he's better as a heel, but that got played out in 2014.

- It's not as if the guy is going to jump to TNA or something and lead some great resurgence.

- The guy has been hurt a lot of the time the last two years and he has that shoulder issue that makes him more prone to separations.

- The best thing you could maybe use him for is to put guys over....and I could see a guy like him becoming a pain in the butt once he has to do jobs for whomever is coming down the pike.

What's the Randy Orton match you really want to see? Lesnar? Maybe in 2014, but not now.

Randy Orton collects a pay check, has some of the best performances with minimal effort and has said he wants to work with guys like Zayn, Owens, Balor, etc., he can be a big part of putting them on another level. In the WWE world, he's still a star. Not a big money draw, but WWE won't release him.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Sandow is another Zack Ryder. A guy who just got buried for no reason.

Sandow getting himself over to the degree he did with the Miz irked someone. No coincidence once that angle ended, you pretty much never saw him again.

This period happens every year after WrestleMania. Sandow and Barrett are the only real losses. Too many injuries and gimmick changes ruined Barrett. But at least he is leaving on good terms.

Santino has already retired and I guess WWE no longer does the Raw post game show with Riley. I was unaware that Riley is older than Barrett, Sandow and Ryder.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Eh I think Sandow reached the highest he could in the WWE. After the stunt double thing he was never going to be as over again. What else is there left for him to do? He aint main event level.

There are lots of young guys on the roster, in NXT, and even on the indies/TNA that WWE can sign. As much as fans may love him he played his course. Eventually the Carlitos, Chris Masters, Shelton Benjamins of the world get released and move on. WWE cant keep and pay every wrestler.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Sandow getting himself over to the degree he did with the Miz irked someone. No coincidence once that angle ended, you pretty much never saw him again.

This period happens every year after WrestleMania. Sandow and Barrett are the only real losses. Too many injuries and gimmick changes ruined Barrett. But at least he is leaving on good terms.

Santino has already retired and I guess WWE no longer does the Raw post game show with Riley. I was unaware that Riley is older than Barrett, Sandow and Ryder.

I'm confused just exactly what they were doing with Riley. He disappeared off NXT, where he was commentating, and then just showed up in January, cut a few promos and not is released.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Sandow was awesome, Ryder is a turd.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

People forget he was Killer Kowalsky's last student.

His Side Russian Leg Sweep/Backwards Somersault/Pose/Elbow of Disdain combo was one of my favorite things in wrestling.

Man, they really missed the boat on this guy. Everything he did turned to gold.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada

A similar thing happened with Miz/R-Truth. They got insanely over and someone didn't like it. Now, I realize Truth failed a drug test but that tag team was never meant to be over and yet it was. Same thing with Miz/Sandow.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
A similar thing happened with Miz/R-Truth. They got insanely over and someone didn't like it. Now, I realize Truth failed a drug test but that tag team was never meant to be over and yet it was. Same thing with Miz/Sandow.

How does a team not meant to be over get programmed with Rock and Cena?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad