FSOhio production is TERRIBLE! (All CBJ broadcast kvetching here)

nhldiedinthe90s*

who farted lol
Sep 23, 2013
I always get the feeling that Davidge is being contradictory/passive aggressive w/ Rimer.

Maybe just perception.

Rimer and Gare seemed to really like each other. Unfortunately Gare seemed to like sauce more than Rimer so it couldn't work.

"WHOOOOOOOW BABY! WOW!"

- Gare

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
i always get the feeling that davidge is being contradictory/passive aggressive w/ rimer.

Maybe just perception.

Rimer and gare seemed to really like each other. Unfortunately gare seemed to like sauce more than rimer so it couldn't work.

"whooooooow baby! Wow!"

- gare

choo choo chimera!!!!!!!!!!

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
"Count the cash Rick Nash,"

oh yeah, that was George.

"rightoffinfrontWHEREISITpuck.....sentouttothepointnowaSHOTofftheboards....senttowardthefrontOHHHHH LETHALWITHTHELEATHERISGOALIE....SERGEIBOBROVSKYandhehangson."

No, that's George.;)

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
100% agree pete...i'll make mention to Dan Kamal this week...dunno if it will help or do anything, but will pass along the suggestion to him

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I always get the feeling that Davidge is being contradictory/passive aggressive w/ Rimer.

Maybe just perception.

Rimer and Gare seemed to really like each other. Unfortunately Gare seemed to like sauce more than Rimer so it couldn't work.

"WHOOOOOOOW BABY! WOW!"

- Gare

I pick that vibe up as well. Rimer is getting worse with names, and when Davidge corrects him, Jeff gets salty.

It might be time for Jeff to move on or hang it up. I hate to say that, he's a bit of an icon to many fans, but he's getting very sloppy.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
I pick that vibe up as well. Rimer is getting worse with names, and when Davidge corrects him, Jeff gets salty.

It might be time for Jeff to move on or hang it up. I hate to say that, he's a bit of an icon to many fans, but he's getting very sloppy.

Like Rimer, in spite of his flaws.

But it's getting beyond sloppy.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Is anyone else incredibly irritated at the scroll they added this season? I called FSOH and argued my point for 20 min with some girl but obviously they didn't care. Funny thing is they don't run it during the times they should run it, pre-game, commercials, intermission, etc. Only during the time you want a nice clean screen without WNBA scores cycling non-stop.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Is anyone else incredibly irritated at the scroll they added this season? I called FSOH and argued my point for 20 min with some girl but obviously they didn't care. Funny thing is they don't run it during the times they should run it, pre-game, commercials, intermission, etc. Only during the time you want a nice clean screen without WNBA scores cycling non-stop.

I have Center Ice & all the FSNs have that annoying scroll at the bottom. Must be a Fox thing (I think Root has it also). The Comcast, Altitude, NESN & Canadian feeds (SN, TSN, CBC, etc.) don't have it.

I hate all those scrolls - also on all the ESPN platforms.

In general, all televised sports have gone overboard on info/ad graphics. Just my opinion.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC

I realize you were attempting to make a point, but the WNBA finals ended on October 10.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
In general, all televised sports have gone overboard on info/ad graphics. Just my opinion.

I agree, Halfboard, but it's not limited to sports. I can't tell you how many times I've been watching a show and some character from another series pops up in the picture and momentarily befuddles me. Sometimes it's just distracting, sometimes it actually interferes with the action. In sports broadcasts, it sometimes appears that Two Broke Girls are going to make a game saving tackle or Alex Ovechkin is going to be stripped of the puck by Mike and Molly. Admittedly, I'm easily befuddled, but it's still annoying!

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
I have Center Ice & all the FSNs have that annoying scroll at the bottom. Must be a Fox thing (I think Root has it also). The Comcast, Altitude, NESN & Canadian feeds (SN, TSN, CBC, etc.) don't have it.

I hate all those scrolls - also on all the ESPN platforms.

I've used painting tape to cover the scroll at times. Nothing worse than not wanting to see the score of a game that's being recorded (like the NFL this Sunday) while watching a different game.

Yes, I watch way too much sports on TV.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I've used painting tape to cover the scroll at times. Nothing worse than not wanting to see the score of a game that's being recorded (like the NFL this Sunday) while watching a different game.

Yes, I watch way too much sports on TV.

Me too, I like to tape other hockey games, football games and don't want to know the outcome! I mean, everyone on earth has a smart phone with every score at their fingertips, do we need all this activity on our screen? There is nothing better in sports than hockey in HD on a big screen with a nice clean screen, devoid of the garbage scrolls.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Me too, I like to tape other hockey games, football games and don't want to know the outcome! I mean, everyone on earth has a smart phone with every score at their fingertips, do we need all this activity on our screen? There is nothing better in sports than hockey in HD on a big screen with a nice clean screen, devoid of the garbage scrolls.

If you put tape over the bottom of the screen when you record a game, when you watch it back will the tape still be there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad