FSOhio production is TERRIBLE! (All CBJ broadcast kvetching here)

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Did Davidge say ADOPT when he meant ADAPT? Three times in succession....:shakehead

RBarRegular

May 20, 2009
Senecaville
Is it just me or is the camera work brutal too? They always seem to be behind the play and for some reason, they love the use of the corner cameras.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
I like this "Brian Giesenschlag" too. Professional and not annoying. The entire production seems upgraded. Dave M is a lot better than Natalie when it comes to interviewing and delivery.

Still not a fan of Rimer and especially Davidge who I find to be boring and cliche-ridden, but they're tolerable if the team is winning.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
I am embarrassed to be a Jackets fan when I go on to most any other team's broadcast on Gamecenter, except maybe Colorado (SHOT score). Rimer and Davidge need to go. The more out of market games I watch, the worse my opinion of Rimer becomes, and it has never been good.

anteater90

Jun 26, 2006
Hilliard
I am embarrassed to be a Jackets fan when I go on to most any other team's broadcast on Gamecenter, except maybe Colorado (SHOT score). Rimer and Davidge need to go. The more out of market games I watch, the worse my opinion of Rimer becomes, and it has never been good.

Watch the Nashville Duo. You will feel better about ours.

zmancartfan

Jan 21, 2011
Medina, OH

I disagree. After watching the last few years on Center Ice, I've really come to appreciate Rimer and Davidge. Do they overuse stock phrases? Absolutely. But with as many games as there are, I can't even imagine not repeating certain things.

I find that the energy they bring to the broadcast is contagious. Even after covering a less-than-stellar club for several years, they still manage to come off as energetic every night. Especially when compared to other teams' announcers (Colorado), I think Rimer and Davidge succeed very well in doing what team-paid announcers should do: make me think that every night I'm watching an exciting game.

My only complaint is that I wish the FSO guys where able to be more critical in their analysis. "One thing they have to do better" is not harsh enough. When a player isn't carrying his weight, I wish we could openly call them out. That's one area that other announcing teams definitely have over us.

Hooks

Jun 30, 2011
Good lord fox sports kings is horrible. I feel blessed to have the coverage that we do now.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
A bit late to this, but is this the worst goal call in history?

I've grown less antipathic towards Rimer ever since he stopped calling us the Panthers but was he asleep for that one?

Smile More*

Did anyone see a couple games back during the pre game show when Kamal was intensely shoo-ing somebody off set ?

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
A bit late to this, but is this the worst goal call in history?

I've grown less antipathic towards Rimer ever since he stopped calling us the Panthers but was he asleep for that one?

I gave him a pass on that one, he's getting older you know...but seriously, I did wonder whether he was broadcasting the game from a bar while watching the broadcast rather than calling it from the press box.

A while back Rimer and Gare would have been yelling if they saw a goal like that, much like they used to do with Zherdev

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC2bcKLyT2Y

Last edited:

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Maybe, just maybe...

He didn't even know it was a goal until it was called on the ice. Watching it develop, it didn't look like a goal was imminent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad