FSOhio production is TERRIBLE! (All CBJ broadcast kvetching here)

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
My dream broadcast team is Buccigross & Shelley (hey, Keith Jones fills in on Flyers broadcasts, right?). Ship Rimer out. But I guess if he sticks around, it's time to develop a drinking game for his calls (e.g. drink every time you hear "all-important _____." Take a shot when his voice climbs an octave or increases by 20 decibels for no reason).

Thought Kamal was a good dude. He wasn't afraid to call a spade a spade either. Ultimately, maybe he gets a bit of the Jim Day treatment.

Don't really care about radio as I barely listen to games on radio - but Bobby Mac by himself? Ehhhh.

Rimer drinking game has been in place for several years. Anyone able to resurrect it, post a copy? There have been several renditions, many featuring Davidge, as well.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Rimer drinking game has been in place for several years. Anyone able to resurrect it, post a copy? There have been several renditions, many featuring Davidge, as well.

Didn't know about that - here's one I found doing a Google search: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=607675

Think we could easily resurrect it for '14-'15. Rimer used a lot of "walks out" AND "walks in" - despite the fact that the guys are skating.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Didn't know about that - here's one I found doing a Google search: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=607675

Think we could easily resurrect it for '14-'15. Rimer used a lot of "walks out" AND "walks in" - despite the fact that the guys are skating.

I don't find the example you give a Rimer-ism, actually. I think that can be a good way of describing breaking down a defense, for example. I think that's just a style thing.

It's when a really exciting play happens on the ice that doesn't get mentioned because of some other point he's making. Or, more often, when he gets things flat wrong (players, score, period, opponent, president, calendar year, his name...)

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
he wouldn't tell me as much, but I suspect it was a Rimer call...I talked to Dan the other day when he told me it was coming down...sucks for that to happen to someone I consider a friend...

I was originally told that is was Billy on the outs...so I was stunned to find out that Dan was gone...

Did he actually say Rimer called for this, or could it be case of not having a spot for another PBP guy

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I don't find the example you give a Rimer-ism, actually. I think that can be a good way of describing breaking down a defense, for example. I think that's just a style thing.

It's when a really exciting play happens on the ice that doesn't get mentioned because of some other point he's making. Or, more often, when he gets things flat wrong (players, score, period, opponent, president, calendar year, his name...)

Oh, not really a Rimerism. More of a change from always saying "WALKS OUT!!"

He seemed to finally have figured out Nick Foligno from Marcus and Mike this year.

I think the '14-'15 drinking game will have to be almost entirely dependent on Rimer with Davidge going to the studio. I don't see Shelley providing too many opportunities to create new drinking rules.

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
Surprised people are surprised by changes in the broadcast team. Happens all the time.

The guy who thinks Rimer is the worst obviously doesn't watch much CI.

My least favorite are the Canadian team broadcasters. Too chummy and homer.

FYI..."Walking the puck" is another term for stick handling as you skate.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Surprised people are surprised by changes in the broadcast team. Happens all the time.

I have had CI since the first year they offered it. Rimer is the worst. The only comparable is Colorado.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

My least favorite are the Canadian team broadcasters. Too chummy and homer.

FYI..."Walking the puck" is another term for stick handling as you skate.

I'm not sure anyone was surprised. Shelley was really good on radio and in between the glass. Davidge wasn't a great color guy anyway.

It's just funny to hear Rimer go from "walking out" to "walking in" (and back). Don't hear those terms nearly as much on the national broadcasts.

And if we're going by that definition - and, btw, isn't there stick handling quite a bit when skating? - Rimer is using it incorrectly. He says "walks in" almost every time somebody skates towards the slot and "walks out" any time somebody skates away from the goal line or out from behind the net. At least that's what I noticed, and he seemed to go overkill in using those terms.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I have had CI since the first year they offered it. Rimer is the worst. The only comparable is Colorado.

This comment is just stupid. Can the CBJ upgrade their broadcast team? Yes. Is Rimer the worst? Hell no. The Islanders sound like they have a fifth rate college station broadcasting their games. The Panthers, Red Wings, Capitals all have mediocre at best crews. In fact, I'd bet Rimer, despite his shortcomings is a top ten , top fifteen announcer. There are some seriously shi*ty broadcast crews out there. If you have Center Ice, you know what I'm talking about.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
This comment is just stupid. Can the CBJ upgrade their broadcast team? Yes. Is Rimer the worst? Hell no. The Islanders sound like they have a fifth rate college station broadcasting their games. The Panthers, Red Wings, Capitals all have mediocre at best crews. In fact, I'd bet Rimer, despite his shortcomings is a top ten , top fifteen announcer. There are some seriously shi*ty broadcast crews out there. If you have Center Ice, you know what I'm talking about.

I've been a CI subscriber for 2 and a half years now (Since the lockout year was a half) and yes, Rimer is in the bottom 10 of announcers and there are far better broadcast teams.

He's a good guy tho.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I'd much rather have Rimer than Rick Jeanneret from Buffalo. His voice is way too warbly for me (I know his history and age).

"ScOoOoOoOres..."

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa

Ditto.

He's better than Doc on NBC too.
That guy wears me out with his crescendoing machine gun delivery.
Take a breath! We can sees it on the telly!

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Ditto.

He's better than Doc on NBC too.
That guy wears me out with his crescendoing machine gun delivery.
Take a breath! We can sees it on the telly!

Rimer better than Doc??????????? Gimme some of what your smokin'..........:amazed:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
My dream broadcast team is Buccigross & Shelley (hey, Keith Jones fills in on Flyers broadcasts, right?). Ship Rimer out. But I guess if he sticks around, it's time to develop a drinking game for his calls (e.g. drink every time you hear "all-important _____." Take a shot when his voice climbs an octave or increases by 20 decibels for no reason).

Thought Kamal was a good dude. He wasn't afraid to call a spade a spade either. Ultimately, maybe he gets a bit of the Jim Day treatment.

Don't really care about radio as I barely listen to games on radio - but Bobby Mac by himself? Ehhhh.

Bobby Mac started out pretty decent and I was feeling optimistic, but he's started to really grate on me as time goes by. Mostly because of those badly done, transparently forced "quirky" :rolleyes: after-goal calls - holy freaking CRAP those are annoying.

Jody, on the other hand, has been eleventy billion different kinds of awesome.

(And for the record, I like Doc. But I'm also the one who became a hockey fan strictly because of hearing George on the radio, so that's probably not all that revelatory. ;) )

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
^I liked the couple of games with Doc by himself + Pierre (I can't believe I'm just "meh" about the guy. Don't love him, don't hate him) in between the benches. Pierre provided what he normally does plus Eddie O's commentary. All three felt a bit crunched since neither of the other two could get much in between Doc's nearly non-stop calls.

Jacketime

Apr 17, 2006
www.helpfromchess.com
Cord Cutter

Hey all

Wanna be cordcutter here. Does anyone know if you can watch the BlueJackets via Apple TV or Chromecast? Or if the Center Ice plan includes devices?

Not sure if this the right thread for the question, please move if it fits better somewhere else.

:help:

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Hey all

Wanna be cordcutter here. Does anyone know if you can watch the BlueJackets via Apple TV or Chromecast? Or if the Center Ice plan includes devices?

Not sure if this the right thread for the question, please move if it fits better somewhere else.

:help:

Apple TV for sure. I'm not sure if the app will cast to Chromecast or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad