FSOhio production is TERRIBLE! (All CBJ broadcast kvetching here)

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
I think it's pretty lame that Brian and Dan weren't in Pittsburgh to do the pre and post game shows.

And even lamer that they have to go to Cleveland to do the show. In regular definition. Nothing against the Fox guys, but I would rather have watched the National broadcast. A little tip, for anyone that has Time Warner Cable, if you have their TWCtv App, you can watch what is actually showing. Tonight's game was not blacked out on the app, the only problem was it was about a minute behind the Fox broadcast.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Brian and Dan have been in Cincinnati more often (as was the case today) because Brian does Reds broadcasts as well.

they have to go to cleveland when there's a reds game since they only have the one studio there and reds get first shot at it...

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011
I really, really hate the fox track that the have at the bottom of the screen. It takes up way too much of the screen, and you can't see any board battles or passes along the wall in the neutral zone (atleast the way that the cameras are angled in Pitt). Cmon Fox

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Hey guys. I'm a Penguins fan that lives in Cleveland. Last night I was watching NBCSN when all of a sudden the game was blacked out because Cleveland apparently is in the Blue Jackets local market (never mind that Cleveland is the same distance between Pittsburgh and Columbus). So because I live in the Blue Jackets market, the game was supposed to be on Fox Sports Ohio. I switch to FS Ohio and the Cavs pre game is on. So I had to find a choppy stream online to watch the game.

I figure that there are at least a few Blue Jackets fans on here that live in Cleveland. Did you experience this problem? It was quite frustrating.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Hey guys. I'm a Penguins fan that lives in Cleveland. Last night I was watching NBCSN when all of a sudden the game was blacked out because Cleveland apparently is in the Blue Jackets local market (never mind that Cleveland is the same distance between Pittsburgh and Columbus). So because I live in the Blue Jackets market, the game was supposed to be on Fox Sports Ohio. I switch to FS Ohio and the Cavs pre game is on. So I had to find a choppy stream online to watch the game.

I figure that there are at least a few Blue Jackets fans on here that live in Cleveland. Did you experience this problem? It was quite frustrating.

Yes, it happened to my brother who, even worse, is in Newark Ohio which is only 45 minutes East of Columbus.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Yes, it happened to my brother who, even worse, is in Newark Ohio which is only 45 minutes East of Columbus.

That's such a joke. What a HUGE mistake they made. I am trying to figure out who to call to complain. I've had that happen in the past where the game of the week on NBC is blacked out by a local coverage of the Indians game. It really makes my blood boil :laugh:

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
If you don't have the feed on the ALT channel it is more likely your cable company's screw up and not FS. FS provides the feed to them. If you don't know your ALT channel number they have a full list on their site.

zmancartfan

Jan 21, 2011
Medina, OH
I'm also in the Cleveland area and watched it on DirecTV. Helps that I have the sports pack, though, and caught it on the Cincy feed.

As for the broadcasts this year, I have to say I thought they have been the best the Jackets have ever had for one reason: Jody. As much as I've liked Davidge, I really like what Jody brings and his sharper sense of humor. His rapport with Rimer is great, too. I'd actually like to hear Jody in the booth for every game next year.

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
Well, the Cavs are *mercifully* done for the rest of the playoffs, so it shouldn't be a problem.

TWC has the alt channel if you have digital cable, so it wasn't a problem for me.

imderekpoe

Mar 22, 2009
Dublin, OH
Well, the Cavs are *mercifully* done for the rest of the playoffs, so it shouldn't be a problem.

TWC has the alt channel if you have digital cable, so it wasn't a problem for me.

I'm going to be in Cleveland this weekend, and I'm hoping they'll have the game on at the Winking Lizard or Tilted Kilt downtown. But if someone knows a good bar that's sure to have hockey, I'd love to hear about it!

zmancartfan

Jan 21, 2011
Medina, OH

For anyone with DirecTV, this list isn't quite accurate anymore. Especially if you have a favorites list established, be sure to reset around the FSOhio channels. DirecTV has remapped several alternate channels, and they now appear right around the base channel. So there's now 660-2 and 660-3 as well as 661-2 and -3.

That has happened since that page was last updated in December.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I really, really hate the fox track that the have at the bottom of the screen. It takes up way too much of the screen, and you can't see any board battles or passes along the wall in the neutral zone (atleast the way that the cameras are angled in Pitt). Cmon Fox

I've noticed that as well. The bottom line is way too big. Sound on FSO seemed way low as well compared to NBCSN.

Speaking of the channel listing issue, a buddy of mine who has TWC in Hilliard couldn't get the game at all.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

I have TWC and digital cable. I guess I'm unaware of the alternative channel because I rarely watch FS ohio. Thanks for the info. I will have to check it out.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'm going to be in Cleveland this weekend, and I'm hoping they'll have the game on at the Winking Lizard or Tilted Kilt downtown. But if someone knows a good bar that's sure to have hockey, I'd love to hear about it!
Winking Lizard should have the game on and they have the best beer list downtown so there should be no issues.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Happy for Jody. He contines to get better every game and not having to split air time with Davidge will greatly improve the TV broadcasts

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Not surprised. Jody was better than Davidge, even in his limited role. Glad I won't have to listen to Bill's mixed idioms as often. I still have nightmares over "dodged a break."

I did like Kamal in the studio. I'll miss him. He was the first person we hired in broadcast who called a pig a pig and didn't try to put lipstick on said swine.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Not surprised. Jody was better than Davidge, even in his limited role. Glad I won't have to listen to Bill's mixed idioms as often. I still have nightmares over "dodged a break."

I did like Kamal in the studio. I'll miss him. He was the first person we hired in broadcast who called a pig a pig and didn't try to put lipstick on said swine.

Perhaps thats why he's out of a job. The Jim Day syndrome

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Perhaps thats why he's out of a job. The Jim Day syndrome

he wouldn't tell me as much, but I suspect it was a Rimer call...I talked to Dan the other day when he told me it was coming down...sucks for that to happen to someone I consider a friend...

I was originally told that is was Billy on the outs...so I was stunned to find out that Dan was gone...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad