News Article: Friedman's 31 Thoughts (Habs Pursuing Dubois)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The facts don't agree. All three of PLD's seasons have been demonstrably more productive than Suzuki's one. And PLD is only one year older.

PLD has the edge for sure. More experienced and a better 200' package. With Suzuki, it's too early to know. However, their pt/game numbers are 0.58 over 71 games vs 0.68 over 234 games. 0.1 pts/game difference and both are not down growing yet.

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
I would think that any package they get would require a center, plus others.
Danault would be a starting point. Would rather throw a 1st + Poehling along with it, but don't want to lose Caufield yet.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Kekalainen hasn't been big on going after his countrymen, probably doesn't want to give the wrong idea.

Is this a real thing, or just what everyone says after drafting Dubois instead of Puljujarvi, which turned out to be astute scouting, no? What other Finns has he turned down or away from?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
wonder if a jets deal happens, Laine

The only thing I would hope for is the Jets would be worried about PLD "bigger market" narrative and they would avoid wanting another Laine situation in another 2 years. However, this would buy them time cause with Laine, they got to decide at the end of the season to pay him or trade him.

Flip the coin and I wonder what the Blue Jackets would be thinking about with Laine... They probably want sign/trade to ensure he does not push them to UFA on his next contract cause he don't want to play with the Blue Jackets either?

Looks like this trade is a match but both players appear to want out of smaller markets. So not so sure it works. It's certainly possible

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Brisson has over 60 players under his name...him and his partner make CAA the biggest NHL agency firm with over 120 players. They pretty much own the market.
They’re #2 where it matters most - $$$.
They certainly don’t own the market.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
I think it starts with KK, Byron (for cap space), prospect (Caufiel, Norlinder).

Jets make more sense or during the off-season

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The funniest part about the PLD demand is "wants to play for a bigger market" like you NEVER hear that ever from people usually lol, and what bigger market than his hometown team so its clear he wouldnt MIND going to the habs but the cost to get him is slightly concerning, like someone else said, the timing is just a tad off for us at the moment

Reactions: Prairie Habs

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The funniest part about the PLD demand is "wants to play for a bigger market" like you NEVER hear that ever from people usually lol, and what bigger market than his hometown team so its clear he wouldnt MIND going to the habs but the cost to get him is slightly concerning, like someone else said, the timing is just a tad off for us at the moment

I don’t think the timing is off at all. The team got loaded at the wing position this offseason and can welcome a real boost down the middle. They have attractive centres that can go back to CBJ in the trade along with a tonne of good prospects.

And $5m is quite a reasonable contract to try and fit. CBJ just need to take a guy like Byron back.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I would think that any package they get would require a center, plus others.
Danault would be a starting point. Would rather throw a 1st + Poehling along with it, but don't want to lose Caufield yet.

For PLD, ..you throw in Caufield for SURE, wouldnt even flinch
But would much rather give Danault than Suz or KK...as impossible at it may seem to get a deal done tho..

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
The timing would have been perfect he is asked this trade in September

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
The timing is perfect.

The Habs have a young player - also a 3rd OA - that Columbus could reasonably hope to build around.

The Habs would solidify their top 6 centers - nobody would dispute Suzuki and PLD aren’t up to the task. No dealing with Danault’s offensive ceiling or KK’s potential.

they’d have their top 2, no question.

with Danault in the 3rd slot, they could limit his raise or let him go. Otherwise, if KK stays and stumbles, they have Danault asking for 6.5M at season’s end.

Reactions: CAR3YPR1CE

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The timing is perfect.

The Habs have a young player - also a 3rd OA - that Columbus could reasonably hope to build around.

The Habs would solidify their top 6 centers - nobody would dispute Suzuki and PLD aren’t up to the task. No dealing with Danault’s offensive ceiling or KK’s potential.

they’d have their top 2, no question.

with Danault in the 3rd slot, they could limit his raise or let him go. Otherwise, if KK stays and stumbles, they have Danault asking for 6.5M at season’s end.

OK to be clear about this "timing" thing I mentioned

The season starts tomorrow. Like .. Demain.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I cant see the habs trading for dubois during the season. Dubois will need to quarantine for 2 weeks, so that means for 2 weeks we wont have Dubois nor the roster players we traded him for.
That would be a big handicap to winning games and hurt our chances of making the playoffs
Habs can go 6--7 games without being worried about making the playoffs... We are going to fight for the top of the division...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad