News Article: Friedman's 31 Thoughts (Habs Pursuing Dubois)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

According to Friedman, the Habs and Jets are two teams really pursuing Dubois. He does say that other teams are also interested, but they're not receiving a lot of attention:

ErjO65yWMAE5x5q

Reactions: dralaf

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Discussions start with Kotkaniemi +... or Suzuki +...
I don't know. I would have to talk to Dubois' agent and figure out the truth behind him wanting to jet out of Columbus. It's a head-scratcher to me.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If Jarmo wants to move him now AND if a proven under 28yr old C being part of the return is a must...Habs are best positioned team IMO

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Turns out, Dubois's agent is Pat Brisson.
That's actually hurt us a couple of times in the past. Patches fired Brisson during the time we were trying to trade him and happened again with Domi this off season. Those are the only two I remeber but may have happened before as well.

So don't get too excited about it as it may be a hindrance rather than a help.

Reactions: Kimota

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Discussions start with Kotkaniemi +... or Suzuki +...
I don't know. I would have to talk to Dubois' agent and figure out the truth behind him wanting to jet out of Columbus. It's a head-scratcher to me.

Hmmm. I wouldn't know for sure. But I think being publicly humiliated in front of millions and millions of fans on live TV by his coach last year might have something to do with it...

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
If Jarmo wants to move him now AND if a proven under 28yr old C being part of the return is a must...Habs are best positioned team IMO
I'm one of the biggest Danault fans around here, but there's no way he's the centerpiece of a deal for PLD, unless Columbus GM has gone off his rockers. If we're getting Dubois, one of Suzuki/Kotkaniemi goes.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I'm one of the biggest Danault fans around here, but there's no way he's the centerpiece of a deal for PLD, unless Columbus GM has gone off his rockers. If we're getting Dubois, one of Suzuki/Kotkaniemi goes.

Well, considering he is the next Bergeron,, or that he is our "legit" since many years.... :laugh:

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I could easily see a Danault + Poehling + Caufield deal.

Danault would be an NHL ready piece able to assume top-2C role immediately while they groom Poehling & eventually Caufield. As previously mentioned would obviously depend on Danault willing to extend w CBJ - and his $5M-$6M demand price point is in CBJs ideal wheelhouse.

Or thinking outside the box is there potential for a 3-way deal between CBJ, Jets, and Habs? Albeit very difficult..

Ajhccwrs

Jun 17, 2017
There is no hopein hell would i ever trade KK or Suzi in this deal.

I do like the Danault + + Poehling + Tartar something along those lines picks if required.

Reactions: lou

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I cant see the habs trading for dubois during the season. Dubois will need to quarantine for 2 weeks, so that means for 2 weeks we wont have Dubois nor the roster players we traded him for.
That would be a big handicap to winning games and hurt our chances of making the playoffs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Are you fine with a player asking to get traded? I would need to know why before pulling the gun on a trade and saying goodbye to one of our promising centers.

I'm fine with it if the price is Danault, Poehling, +. I suppose the plus being Caufield and more depends on the point your making.

Ajhccwrs

Jun 17, 2017
If we were to acquire Dubios with out giving up KK or Suzi one of the 3 would have to be converted to a wing IMO.

Reactions: Benstheman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad