Sportsnet: Friedman: TOR could take swing for 1 Year of Panarin

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I want Panarin. Sorry everyone but he is elite talent that can't be ignored. It might hurt, but I would sacrifice a lot for a better than a point a game player.
Try to sign him long term, even if it costs a Nylander+Gardiner.
Back fill with younger talent.
I don't have another century to wait for a cup

Reactions: NovaLeaf

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
We would have to send Columbus our 1st round pick, and to me that doesn’t make sense.

We are at the stage where in 2-3 years we will need cheap ELC players on the roster. This is exactly the time we need to hold on to our 1st,

If we were getting Karlsson it’s different because that would be a position of need, but Panarin isn’t. Just play someone else more

Reactions: PromisedLand

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Don’t need or want to give up the assets to acquire Panarin, or Karlsson for that matter. If a trade can be worked out for a top 4 defenceman I’m good going into the season. If not still good let’s see if the opponents being on their heels all the time can make up for our shortcomings, real or not on the backend. If we need to beef up there will be options mid season or the deadline.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
In a weird way, I find it more important that EK wants to stay in Ottawa. Him not being dealt to Tampa is more important than us getting Panarin. Tampa is who we'll have to beat to make it anywhere.

Reactions: Judas Tavares

roosterman

Feb 4, 2008
If we do not want the $3.7M in performances bonuses for Matthews and Marner to carry over to next year then we cannot afford Panarin this year. This and the fact that we would not give up high end picks and prospects for a rental makes this impossible. I'm surprised its even suggested. Click bait.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
In a weird way, I find it more important that EK wants to stay in Ottawa. Him not being dealt to Tampa is more important than us getting Panarin. Tampa is who we'll have to beat to make it anywhere.

I want Karlsson to stay in Ottawa 100% a undeniably great talent on a bad team is best for the Leafs. The western conference would be be ok too.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
This doesnt even make sense lol

Feel like he said toronto just to get attention to the report.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Fridge has been taking a “swing” at that corner bar and taking a “swig” too often early in the morning

His morning routine this summer

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
We would have to send Columbus our 1st round pick, and to me that doesn’t make sense.

We are at the stage where in 2-3 years we will need cheap ELC players on the roster. This is exactly the time we need to hold on to our 1st,

If we were getting Karlsson it’s different because that would be a position of need, but Panarin isn’t. Just play someone else more

We absolutely should be looking to move our first round pick. Maybe not for Panarin but the first should be in play this year for a defenseman. We can absolutely afford to move the first though, we should be hitting in other rounds other than the first round

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I want Karlsson to stay in Ottawa 100% a undeniably great talent on a bad team is best for the Leafs. The western conference would be be ok too.
I'd be okay with him staying in Ottawa or sent out West. Just keep him away from places like Tampa, Boston or other Eastern teams that pose a threat.

Reactions: garce

garce

Mar 20, 2010
We absolutely should be looking to move our first round pick. Maybe not for Panarin but the first should be in play this year for a defenseman. We can absolutely afford to move the first though, we should be hitting in other rounds other than the first round

Should be moving the late first for sure with the old trick of getting a second back. Thus dropping 5-15 picks and having the perception of losing a huge asset.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
people don't realize how good panarin is.

I realize how good he is but to give up someone like Kadri who is on a team friendly contract for a few more years, it would require Panarin to sign with the Leafs.

No way you give up Kadri for Panarin as a rental and have him bolt as a UFA.

IIRC, we were interested in signing him but he ended up sign with Chicago months later so I can understand our interest in him. He would absolutely be our second or third best player behind Matthews.

Reactions: garce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad