Sportsnet: Friedman: TOR could take swing for 1 Year of Panarin

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Maybe, Columbus is as much a contender as anyone. Not sure what PO means but it appears they are willing to pay. Let’s see where he ends up. I’m betting it’s not too far from a ocean.
Columbus havent anyone who can make game instead breadman. Opponents need to cover 1 player - Panarin and game s done for them. Tortorella also overused him at Playoffs (PO) because he have nobody who can make result. Panarins agent did not want insult Jackets so they said about that hes not ready to spent next 8 years at Columbus but real reason is poor level of forwards group and no chances to sign high level player to real contend. Panarin did not want spend 8 years working more than anyone (like last year) without any chances to win title. Money is not reason for him -agent told that he will not sign there no matter price

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I don't really care if he's 40. he's so damn good. The thing is that he'd be brought in as a rental for this year only, as opposed to a long term fixture on the team. it depends what we have to give up for him I suppose, but he's as good as advertised. If not better

If it is only a first round pick for a rental then fine do it and move on; if the ask is 1st+ then just GTFO; Panarin is not "The Guy".

As I mentioned before he was getting 20 mins per game with Jones and Werenski moving the puck.

If Leafs had two good d-men and matthews, marner, nylander got 20 mins per game they would leave panarin far behind.

I find it amazing that people get so excited at the thought of a new shiny toy without thinking about the long term well being of the franchise

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I mean that's real dirt right thurr, makes so much more sence to him going san jose. They have that room and they can move a sucka out. And it's like that. I see Wilson, Doug doing his thang real hard on this here. We don't even need that sucka. He ain't no defensive sucka. He a scoring power mutha. A threat in that way. But we ain't got room for that fool. He finna stay out. Got it.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Columbus havent anyone who can make game instead breadman. Opponents need to cover 1 player - Panarin and game s done for them. Tortorella also overused him at Playoffs (PO) because he have nobody who can make result. Panarins agent did not want insult Jackets so they said about that hes not ready to spent next 8 years at Columbus but real reason is poor level of forwards group and no chances to sign high level player to real contend. Panarin did not want spend 8 years working more than anyone (like last year) without any chances to win title. Money is not reason for him -agent told that he will not sign there no matter price
Also uh, y'all think that so many players really like coach john tortorella. If so, then you is wrong. Tortorella is fantastic coach but he ain't for everybody. He a winner, but he makes them pay real hard.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Kadri's modified No-Trade clause has kicked in. I think if the Leafs were thinking of moving him, they would of done so before that happened. He's not going anywhere. Nobody knows what kind of stupid demands are coming from the Nylander contract negotiations. Money has a way of making deals happen.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
If it is only a first round pick for a rental then fine do it and move on; if the ask is 1st+ then just GTFO; Panarin is not "The Guy".

As I mentioned before he was getting 20 mins per game with Jones and Werenski moving the puck.

If Leafs had two good d-men and matthews, marner, nylander got 20 mins per game they would leave panarin far behind.

I find it amazing that people get so excited at the thought of a new shiny toy without thinking about the long term well being of the franchise
it's not only his point totals. his zone entries, offense creation, and puck possession are among the absolute best in the league

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Also uh, y'all think that so many players really like coach john tortorella. If so, then you is wrong. Tortorella is fantastic coach but he ain't for everybody. He a winner, but he makes them pay real hard.
He likes a coach. Totrts just hadnt another options.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
He likes a coach. Totrts just hadnt another options.
How does you know this? Did it show during games etc? Sometimes these thangs do. If it did then you got it right sire. Some players really like coach tortorella, like dubinsky and all. He makes everybody pay up real hard. Panarin is a great player for sure. Offensively he a real fool for this game. Like friedman said though, San Jose makes so much more sence at this point. He finna go ther.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
it's not only his point totals. his zone entries, offense creation, and puck possession are among the absolute best in the league

First two seasons he played with Patty Kane (check is WOWY stats)
  • When you have patty kane on the other side; other teams are focussing more on him; also Keith was is most often D partner
Last season his most common D-pairs was werenski and jones
  • when you have stud d-men moving the puck out of the zone quickly - zone exists and then the zone entries become far easier as opposition doesn't have time to get into position

Panarin is good but he is so overrated by "stat watchers" without using stats with context.

AND

Panarin as a rental for one year is going to cost what? Is it worth it?

AND

If Panarin is going to be signed with the Leafs (at 27 years old) that comes at the cost of which 22-23 year old player?
Matthews, Marner, Nylander
?

NO matter how you slice and dice it. In a cap world this is a stupid move given that Toronto's core is already established and Toronto has already made that big splash -> "John Tavares"

Reactions: DarkKnight

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
How does you know this? Did it show during games etc? Sometimes these thangs do. If it did then you got it right sire. Some players really like coach tortorella, like dubinsky and all. He makes everybody pay up real hard. Panarin is a great player for sure. Offensively he a real fool for this game. Like friedman said though, San Jose makes so much more sence at this point. He finna go ther.
Torts praises him at every press conference, almost licking his a..., panarin also speaks only good about the coach to russian media. It is impossible not to love the player who set the record for the team on points. Just find Totrts words after each games about Panarin. Not even 1 word. Torts call him hardest working guy at team etc etc. No need find black cat at dark room if theres no cat there

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Panarin is good but he is so overrated by "stat watchers" without using stats with context.
wow. I think CBJ disagree with that. Panarin playmaker of CBJ. Where was called Kane Effect earlier. But you mate first who find "Jones effect". I think if Tor sign him will be Tavares or other effect.
CBJ fans call him best player who played there and want to give him blank check

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
wow. I think CBJ disagree with that. Panarin playmaker of CBJ. Where was called Kane Effect earlier. But you mate first who find "Jones effect". I think if Tor sign him will be Tavares or other effect

Tavares has established himself without any stud players
Same goes for Matthews, Nylander and Marner. They all were drivers on their line.

Panarin always had help when he got there. I am not saying he sucks but am not going to put him on a pedestal

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Same goes for Matthews, Nylander and Marner. They all were drivers on their line.

Panarin always had help when he got there. I am not saying he sucks but am not going to put him on a pedestal
so you said that Panarins season when he drives СBJ to Playoffs spot by his shoulders (opinion of CBJ fans) and makes teams point record is because Jones drived Panarins Line? And Panarin is not driver of own line? Thats scary.
Also not forget that Panarin helps Kane more than Kane to him. And i think Panarin helps Jones more. It is just funny. Watch actual games and then judge. or read their tread. OR read Kanes interview about Panarin ar something else but not judge player by reading stats or etc.
Panarin Is playmaker and tonns of his creations are gone because lowlevel forwards teammates. Panarin creates there not jones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Garthinater

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
First two seasons he played with Patty Kane (check is WOWY stats)
  • When you have patty kane on the other side; other teams are focussing more on him; also Keith was is most often D partner
Last season his most common D-pairs was werenski and jones
  • when you have stud d-men moving the puck out of the zone quickly - zone exists and then the zone entries become far easier as opposition doesn't have time to get into position

AND

Panarin as a rental for one year is going to cost what? Is it worth it?

AND

If Panarin is going to be signed with the Leafs (at 27 years old) that comes at the cost of which 22-23 year old player?
Matthews, Marner, Nylander
?

NO matter how you slice and dice it. In a cap world this is a stupid move given that Toronto's core is already established and Toronto has already made that big splash -> "John Tavares"
I mean, the Leafs are almost definitely not going to get him so this is a bit of a moot argument. Still, every good player has the benefit of playing with other good players. that doesn't make Panarin any less good

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Matthews and Nylander play together. how can they both establish themselves as play drivers but Panarin hasn't?

Reactions: Garthinater

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
so you said that Panarins season when he drives СBJ to Playoffs spot by his shoulders (opinion of CBJ fans) and makes teams point record is because Jones drived Panarins Line? And Panarin is not driver of own line? Thats scary.
Also not forget that Panarin helps Kane more than Kane to him. And i think Panarin helps Jones more. It is just funny. Watch actual games and then judge. or read their tread. OR read Kanes interview about Panarin ar something else but not judge player by reading stats or etc.
Panarin Is playmaker and tonns of his creations are gone because lowlevel forwards teammates. Panarin creates there not jones.

I am content with the Leafs core and don’t think adding panarin in a cap world is going to be a net positive to the leafs situation

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010

Panarin is definitely the offensive driver in CBus.

That said, our offense is already studly. I would want to use our remaining cap and assets on a player who could help on D.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I mean, the Leafs are almost definitely not going to get him so this is a bit of a moot argument. Still, every good player has the benefit of playing with other good players. that doesn't make Panarin any less good

Not saying panarin isn’t good just saying that calling him elite is just a bit too soon

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Panarin is definitely the offensive driver in CBus.

That said, our offense is already studly. I would want to use our remaining cap and assets on a player who could help on D.

Precisely. Gardiner is a pending UFA we need to think about defense now and for the future our forward core is set

Bill Berg

Golly!
Dec 15, 2013
Leafs don't have the cap space. Not if they want to have enough space next season. They would have to carry over bonus money to next season if they need to use Horton's ltir space to pay those bonuses. And it will tight next year already.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Panarin makes 6m. Leafs have like 14m in cap space and need to sign Nylander? They have plenty of space Im confused. why wouldnt you go for it, if its 1 yr and the price isnt outrageous?

Reactions: The Cobra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad