Speculation: Friedman speculates the possibility of Crawford being traded

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
that was the real CC that played last nite against Pitt..... if he continues to play like that, dang, a 1st rounder is possible or at least 2 - 2nd rounders.
We won't get a 1st back without a bad contract coming back. 2nd and expiring is my guess

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
His value isn't reliant on just his current stats for the season. He showed last night why he would easily fetch a 1st from a desperate team.
He's a 34 year old goalie with 1 year left with 6 million.
Who says this is the real Crawford and not the bad glove, bad rebound 90% Crow?

What would you give for this Goalie?

It would not be easy to see him on a different team, but I'd move on while he has value and we have the time to find his replacement that will be here when the young D will be ready.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
He's a 34 year old goalie with 1 year left with 6 million.
Who says this is the real Crawford and not the bad glove, bad rebound 90% Crow?

What would you give for this Goalie?

It would not be easy to see him on a different team, but I'd move on while he has value and we have the time to find his replacement that will be here when the young D will be ready.

With a proven track record of being elite. Of being a top 5 goalie in the NHL. The 1 year left is just a bonus for whatever team gets him. It's only 1 year. You say it like it's a bad thing. I'd pay a first rounder if it meant being a Cup contender or not. A team whose only question mark on if they could win the Cup was goaltending... would be stupid not to.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Insert here the last goalie trade which netted 1st round pick without taking some dead weight back.

Cory Schneider came to mind first obviously.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
We won't get a 1st back without a bad contract coming back. 2nd and expiring is my guess
i will respect yours and any other posters who want to disagree with me. that is the beauty of a sport forum.

now lets think about another team, whose top player got hurt, or any team needing that one player. i have seen team pony up a 1st or other draft pick for a rental player for a couple of months.

same thing here with CC and the Bhawks. however CC is really not considered a rental per my definition, he will give that team an extra yr of play.

but really does anyone on here will think that the Bhawks will trade CC ??

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
there is a reason that many will not see a goalie being moved, i mean a top goalie being move, b/c teams can't accept or envision their top goalie being traded...... that is one item that many teams will not contemplate, esp if they do not have a viable goalie to step in ......

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Ryan Miller is the mid season big time goalie trade I can recall mid season.
Thanks.

St. Louis Blues acquired Ryan Miller and Steve Ott from the Buffalo Sabres for Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, prospect William Carrier, a first-round draft pick in 2015 and a third-round pick in 2016

Ryan Miller was a UFA, and returned this much in a trade.
...and people are saying we couldn't get a 1st for Crow?

:laugh:

migi

Feb 25, 2015
And Ben Bishop got Tampa what? I’m looking at him because the goalie market has been what it is last couple years.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Thanks.

St. Louis Blues acquired Ryan Miller and Steve Ott from the Buffalo Sabres for Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, prospect William Carrier, a first-round draft pick in 2015 and a third-round pick in 2016

Ryan Miller was a UFA, and returned this much in a trade.
...and people are saying we couldn't get a 1st for Crow?

:laugh:

Don't laugh at their opinions! Someone might start crying because you're being a big bad condescending meany on a message board! :sarcasm: :laugh:

Reactions: migi and BK

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Right now though it would depend on the pieces coming back and his NMC/NTC status. We most certainly don't have a goaltender of his ilk remotely proven in the pipeline--and definitely no one who can play behind the fecal-fest we call Team D.

Adding onto this: our D-pipeline is at best 2006 level. 1 or two aged vets with the crap kicked out of them and a handful of promising rookies. I don't think it's remotely possible for the 'hawks team D to be able to carry a young, average goalie--not now and not for a few years--pending how our young D-prospects mature. There's that to factor in as well. It took Keith & Seabrook *years* of development to be able to carry Neimi/Huet. Both are too old to be carrying any goalie right now. While the possibility of a revolving door of Wards can certainly happen, I don't think trading Crawford is going to move the 'hawks any closer to being competitive in the near term--if anything it's a push since it's not going to accelerate the D maturing.

Reactions: LDF

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Ben Bishop gives Kings another No. 1 goalie

Yes they did trade for him to be their #1 if Quick hadn’t returned back to elite level. But what ever.

If Crow fetches 1st, I’m heavily surprised. Flyers might be the only team to do that because Holmgren is idiot.

I disagree. You have more than half a season left. Anything can happen with injuries to a #1. There have already been quite a few. A contender absolutely would pay a first for Crow if they think he's the difference in them winning the Cup or not. IMO.

And that post above wasn't geared towards you about crying. It's about some other person on here who will remain nameless.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I disagree. You have more than half a season left. Anything can happen with injuries to a #1. There have already been quite a few. A contender absolutely would pay a first for Crow if they think he's the difference in them winning the Cup or not. IMO.

And that post above wasn't geared towards you about crying. It's about some other person on here who will remain nameless.

Hopefully you are correct. At this point I’m not sure if I’d want to even trade him but if the package starts with 1st, I’m leaning towards to it. I just think Crow might be better next year like the whole team and beyond that he could be the mentor for new guy. But, if the package is there..

And yeah I know, I read those posts. :D I mean we are in message board talking about opinions? C’mon. Grow a pair.

And that WAS towards you you kid!!

:sarcasm:

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hopefully you are correct. At this point I’m not sure if I’d want to even trade him but if the package starts with 1st, I’m leaning towards to it. I just think Crow might be better next year like the whole team and beyond that he could be the mentor for new guy. But, if the package is there..

And yeah I know, I read those posts. :D I mean we are in message board talking about opinions? C’mon. Grow a pair.

And that WAS towards you you kid!!

:sarcasm:

I don't know if I want to trade him either. I'd prefer he's there to mentor Delia or Nalimov into the starter role. But... a 1st would be hard to pass up.

And :laugh: @ the bolded.

I don't get people on here sometimes. All I can do is :huh:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm not sure if the Hawks would get a 1st for Crow honestly. That's not a reflection on Crow, but the goalie market itself. I could see it going either way. He'd get more than Jimmy Howard though, that much I'm confident of.

Reactions: migi and ChiHawks10

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
With a proven track record of being elite. Of being a top 5 goalie in the NHL. The 1 year left is just a bonus for whatever team gets him. It's only 1 year. You say it like it's a bad thing. I'd pay a first rounder if it meant being a Cup contender or not. A team whose only question mark on if they could win the Cup was goaltending... would be stupid not to.
It is a negative. What contender needs a #1 and can take on his contract?

Crawford was away a long time and is a 90% goalie with troubles so far this year

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Crawford was away a long time and is a 90% goalie with troubles so far this year

No one really right now outside of Philly, I believe. But we're speaking in theoreticals anyways. Are we not? Like a team(contender) that loses their #1 for the season and puts him on LTIR then trades for Crow type of scenarios.

Last edited:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

It should be pointed out that it's still very early in the season. His sv% can fluctuate a lot still. A couple good games would have that sv% looking a lot better. Of course that's easier said than done, playing behind this defense.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Right now though it would depend on the pieces coming back and his NMC/NTC status. We most certainly don't have a goaltender of his ilk remotely proven in the pipeline--and definitely no one who can play behind the fecal-fest we call Team D.

Adding onto this: our D-pipeline is at best 2006 level. 1 or two aged vets with the crap kicked out of them and a handful of promising rookies. I don't think it's remotely possible for the 'hawks team D to be able to carry a young, average goalie--not now and not for a few years--pending how our young D-prospects mature. There's that to factor in as well. It took Keith & Seabrook *years* of development to be able to carry Neimi/Huet. Both are too old to be carrying any goalie right now. While the possibility of a revolving door of Wards can certainly happen, I don't think trading Crawford is going to move the 'hawks any closer to being competitive in the near term--if anything it's a push since it's not going to accelerate the D maturing.
i have never heard that term before..... me likes it. :nod:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
as of this morning, per nhl rumors, Pitt and Phil are looking for goalies...... last week i believe Fla was in the market for a goalie as well. La Kings are in play with 2 goalies, one to trade. as i said earlier, yesterday game prove, put a viable top pair d-men in front of CC and he will be a different goalie ....

for me, i am indifferent on whether the Bhawks should go out and actively seek a trade for CC..... but if it is there fine. i also have a hard time imagining that the Bhawks will seek out a top line d-men in the fa market next off season. so this team may take additional yrs to be ready to compete....

so yeah, if the deal is there, make the trade.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
as of this morning, per nhl rumors, Pitt and Phil are looking for goalies...... last week i believe Fla was in the market for a goalie as well. La Kings are in play with 2 goalies, one to trade. as i said earlier, yesterday game prove, put a viable top pair d-men in front of CC and he will be a different goalie ....

for me, i am indifferent on whether the Bhawks should go out and actively seek a trade for CC..... but if it is there fine. i also have a hard time imagining that the Bhawks will seek out a top line d-men in the fa market next off season. so this team may take additional yrs to be ready to compete....

so yeah, if the deal is there, make the trade.

NHL rumors isn’t a source, go in and find the actual source the site is reposting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad