Speculation: Friedman speculates the possibility of Crawford being traded

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
IMO the longer you wait, Keith's contract becomes far more difficult to move.

That's just false, no offense. The actual $$$ on it are appealing to any cap floor team. And his cap hit isn't even bad in and of itself. His is the last contract anyone should worry about.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
The realistic option is a team like Edmonton, Buffalo, etc. that feel close to contending/going deep in playoffs working out a deal. The return would most likely be a 2nd and perhaps some salary back with a player which could raise the pick to a 1st. With our cap availability that would work too.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
If you trade Crow, there is no way you can just sit and wait for either Delia, Gravel, Lankinen, or Nalimov to pan out. That is a disaster waiting to happen. If you can get a late 1st from the deal and someone like Spencer Knight is available, you absolutely have to take him.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
That's just false, no offense. The actual $$$ on it are appealing to any cap floor team. And his cap hit isn't even bad in and of itself. His is the last contract anyone should worry about.
1. There is 4.5 years left on Keith's contract @$5.5mn.
2. That takes his contract to the 2022-2023 season ... age 39.
3. There's about $14mn left of cash to be paid out.

Here's the kicker ...

1. Duncan Keith has a NMC.
2. Duncan Keith has said he wants to play into his 40s.

You think Keith is going to just accept a trade to Arizona? The Hawks better find a contender who is willing to eat the end of his contract. That means the Hawks have to trade Keith when he can actually help a contender ... so he might waive his NMC.

This is NOT just about helping a team get to the cap floor. Keith wants to play into his 40s and has a NMC. He's not waiving his NMC for a crappy team.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
they are not going to do that with Crow on 1 year left on the deal...I would imagine some type of pick/prospect combo..but Hart not in that equation IMO.

They also have Kirill Ustimenko and Felix Sandstrom. They set out to solve their goalie problem a few years ago and picked up a lot of prospects, Hart was just the best and is panning out. Try to get one or both of these guys in a deal for Crow.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Crawford turns 34 in a couple of weeks and will be 35 years old as a FA after next season. If Crawford signs another deal it will be to be backup as no one is going to be looking for a soon to be 36 yr old #1 in summer of 2020
Depends how he plays. He may be a better option than some of the starters available.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
The Hawks should be going into rebuild, so yeah as soon as you can you pull the triggers on trading Crawford.

While the Hawks are at, as sad as this makes me by saying but, the Hawks need to start taking calls on Kane.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Not sure if anyones mentioned it yet but the wings want a first rounder for jimmy f***ing howard. No way they get it but if thats the asking price for howard you sell crawford every day of the week. Could fetch a big return

Reactions: goldenbladz1

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
The Hawks should be going into rebuild, so yeah as soon as you can you pull the triggers on trading Crawford.

While the Hawks are at, as sad as this makes me by saying but, the Hawks need to start taking calls on Kane.
Anytime kanes name is mentioned the hawks should hang up unless the other team mentions a similarly skilled player

Reactions: ChiHawks10

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
All depends on the market. Don’t trade him for meh just to trade him. As long as there’s value there I’m ok with moving him.

a few goalie injuries leading up to the trade deadline should raise Crow's stock..

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Flyers lost another game cause their goalie gave up 2 goals late. Boy do they need one. Almost shades of 2010 for them which was ironically their main knock the whole year.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
You do not trade Kane if we want to go after Panarin ..no way Panarin comes to CHI again if Kane is traded...

But if we change plans and do not want to spend on Panarin and we look for a trade partner for Kane...you should know Buffalo has 3 first rounders for 2019 ....their own. ..SJ and STL ...the STL likely a lot to pick ery early I'm round 1 ..

Would they trade that pick 1 up for Kane?Would we? LIKELY a top 5 pick maybe top 1-3 ..

Or would Buffalo offer just the 2 later picks ...SJ likely mid-pack and the Buffalo pick looks late given their winning ways this season

If Buffalo at season end is right there as an Eastern contender to get to by he Cup but needs to go '"all in" maybe Kane brings the cup home.?

These are all interesting speculations. .

As for Crawford..a team would need evidence he has re-gained top for. .so far this season back he has only shown that for a few games early on getting navy. .but over the last long streychnofnlosing before tonight he has not been an elutevpuckstopoer.Teams may be hesitant that he can make a difference for them ..If between now and the Trade Deadline hrvfoescre-gain for then that hurts is getting a better lotto slot prior to the lottery final spits drawn by luck ..If he stinksvthevrest of the way we maintain as feeders at the very bottom.

So if he is able to get back to top for, his trade value rises..if not it gets questionable.

Why don't we leave speculation of trading him till we know one way or the other by the trade deadline ..

I can only say sell high..and right now his value is too low to bring back much ...by the TDL we will be better able to determine his value for trade ..

Of course a "contender"might get their #1 go down with a n injury and that too ups CC's value to bail that team out in a Cup run

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Patrick Kane is a generational talent. He could be the greatest American born player ever. There's not way in hell I'm trading Kane for 3 first round picks that could be out of the top 5. Two in the teens or mid 20s.

Kane is not going unless the assets coming back are frightenly good. Most likely Toews isn't going either. The other vets are fair game.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Could we get a late 1st for him? Flyers is the team I'm looking at.
1st or 2nd + expiring for Crawford

Let's face it, some won't understand but it should happen.

Same with Anisimov. If you feel like you can sign Panarin realistically you bring back that line, if not you trade him.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Could we get a late 1st for him? Flyers is the team I'm looking at.
1st or 2nd + expiring for Crawford

Let's face it, some won't understand but it should happen.

Same with Anisimov. If you feel like you can sign Panarin realistically you bring back that line, if not you trade him.
that was the real CC that played last nite against Pitt..... if he continues to play like that, dang, a 1st rounder is possible or at least 2 - 2nd rounders.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Crawford is giving up 3 goals a game and has a .900 SV%. He’s not getting a first rounder back

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Crawford is giving up 3 goals a game and has a .900 SV%. He’s not getting a first rounder back
while you do make a good point, i guess i am drinking a little Bhawks kool-aid here.

but seriously you put a top pairing group of d-men in front of CC last nite, the Bhawks would have given up 1 goal. however a 1st rounder is a great pick but that pick, that player will need to stay with the team for several yrs. yeah it is a huge payment however 1st rounder has been given up by top teams needing i mean really needing a goalie for a playoff run. that player who can change the outcome of a team in the playoff......

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad