Friedman: Hitchcock on the verge of resigning?

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
The leaders before McDavid were responsible then, and the leaders now are responsible for it.

I'm sure most Oilers fans will say everyone except McGod is to blame though.
So you’re saying a 22 year old ‘C’, 25 year old ‘A’, and Lucic are the entire reason why MacTavish, Howson, Scott, and the rest of the OBC continue to f*** my team around?

I guess they could go LeBron James and dictate trades to management, using Lucic as their muscle..
At least that way Lucic would start earning his contract that was signed by the HoF GM (Chiarelli), that apparently McDavid signed before he was drafted since McDavid is the reason the Oilers suck

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
I heard the Oilers management is brainstorming on how to fix it and the only solution they have come up with so far is stealing the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos and reversing time...and hiring Mark Messier instead of Chia.

It's honestly amazing how much of a cluster**** the Oilers are. It really seems like things have just gotten worse this year even though they're not much worse statistically. It's really a shame to see a generational talent wasted on this kind of team, we haven't seen anything like this since Lemieux in the mid-1980s.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I wonder if this could have anything to do with the piece of hard vulcanized rubber that nailed 64 year old Hitchcock in the head less than a week ago..

If anything the game has passed Elliotte by. The guy seemed to be the second coming of Bobby Mackenzie until the past two years

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
This is surreal. I really, really didn't think we would still be talking about how much of a disaster the Oilers are in 2019!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's funny that people think this is on Hitchcock when a team that hasn't won with any consistency in a couple of decades has no work ethic. You can't blame that part on Chiarelli.

barbu

Jan 9, 2019
It takes a special brand of coach to survive in a canadian city on a losing team.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So you’re saying a 22 year old ‘C’, 25 year old ‘A’, and Lucic are the entire reason why MacTavish, Howson, Scott, and the rest of the OBC continue to **** my team around?

I guess they could go LeBron James and dictate trades to management, using Lucic as their muscle..
At least that way Lucic would start earning his contract that was signed by the HoF GM (Chiarelli), that apparently McDavid signed before he was drafted since McDavid is the reason the Oilers suck

According to Hitchcock, the reason the Oilers suck is they have no work ethic. I think at some point this has to be taken into account.

Reactions: amethyst

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sorry Hitch but McDavid doing this will send a stronger message. Been there, done that with coaches in Edmonton

That's a good point. It might be up to McDavid to throw a public tantrum (a classy one, of course) to get things turned around.

I'm assuming he's not part of the problem Hitch is talking about.

Reactions: AlwaysSunnyInTampa

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Oilers fans in denial; they keep hearing over and over again how:

Drai is a #1 center
Klefbom is a top pair blueliner
Sekera is a #2 blueliner
Larsson is a #1 blueliner
Rattie has unbelievable chemistry with McDavid
Talbot is a starter (keep referring to his playoff run)
etc, etc, etc

The only problem alot of Oilers fans see on the front-line is Lucic and now Hitchcock; the media here in Edmonton is horribly bias.

It's funny that people think this is on Hitchcock when a team that hasn't won with any consistency in a couple of decades has no work ethic. You can't blame that part on Chiarelli.

Reactions: Lilou

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That's a good point. It might be up to McDavid to throw a public tantrum (a classy one, of course) to get things turned around.

I'm assuming he's not part of the problem Hitch is talking about.

Definitely not. Did you see the pics of McDavid on the ice by himself taking shots from the high slot after yet another loss? I feel bad for the guy. To be honest a closed doors ultimatum to the Oilers front office may be best. McDavid keeps quiet to the press but makes it clear he's going to ask for a trade by whatever time if things don't change. It might be the only thing left because he sure didn't look happy when Edmonton won the lottery. I can't positively say what I would do in his position but I would not see myself there any longer than another 2 years if things did not change or at least FEEL like they were changing

It's gonna be hell trading for him if it came down to it

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Oilers are not that great of a team, even with McDavid. They have 3 forwards producing, and then a massive drop from 50-28 pts outside the top 3, have weak defence, and bad goaltending, and questionable compete levels from some in their locker room. People just have it in their heads that because they have McDavid they are somewhat a respectable team, when reality is, they have holes everywhere, propped up by 3 pretty darn good players in the McDavid, Draisaitl and Nugent-Hopkins.

Move out those who don't want to compete hard every night and get a decent goalie, and things don't look quite so bad, but Chiapet really screwed this team over so badly, and management had been way too patient with making the move to get him out, wasting McDavid's potentially best years.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Honestly I wonder if the Oilers would benefit from taking the "C" away from McDavid, because Hitch is right, none of them (McDavid included) have any work ethic -- especially in the defensive zone. Watching him vs. the Bruins and yes he's got blinding speed and a great shot but his defense... sucks.

If the captain and the head coach are not on the same page you're going to get a very dysfunctional team -- which is precisely what is going on in Edmonton right now.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Haha god bless this man, I have little sympathy for the oilers. All those 1st overall picks and given the greatest player ever.... I just feel bad for McDavid.

Come home McDavid!

upload_2019-2-15_1-31-56.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, for Hitchcock. The guy's headed for a heart attack or stroke.
I don't ever wanna joke about something like this with someone, but my first thoughts were that he's an older guy, the oldest head coach in the NHL if I'm not mistaken and this is gonna be much harder on him than it would have been 10 years ago or more.

SteelerNation

Oct 23, 2012
Oilers fans in denial; they keep hearing over and over again how:

Drai is a #1 center
Klefbom is a top pair blueliner
Sekera is a #2 blueliner
Larsson is a #1 blueliner
Rattie has unbelievable chemistry with McDavid
Talbot is a starter (keep referring to his playoff run)
etc, etc, etc

The only problem alot of Oilers fans see on the front-line is Lucic and now Hitchcock; the media here in Edmonton is horribly bias.
Mark Spector is a hack of a reporter. Lowe Probably feeds him candies out of his hand

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
I wonder if this could have anything to do with the piece of hard vulcanized rubber that nailed 64 year old Hitchcock in the head less than a week ago..

If anything the game has passed Elliotte by. The guy seemed to be the second coming of Bobby Mackenzie until the past two years
Lol wow. Now they’re blaming the PUCKS in Edmonton...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad