Friedman: Hitchcock on the verge of resigning?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Nobody is saying it's his fault, dingus.

People are saying that the game has passed him by and he wasn't a very good hire.
Thats just another excuse. The guys track record speaks for itself.

Wernt Oilers fans campaigning for Q? Games past him by too.

This is lol-o-riffic. Similar to how Oilers pundits were saying how great Chia was when he was hired "cuz Cups".

This never gets old, I love it!!!

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
my hot take.

this is a move by a coach trying to regain authority after losing the room. he is saying don't embarrass me in this situation or i'll embarrass you.

hitch is like one of the bob's from office space sent in by management to figure out who to fire. the players were bound to hate him. they have now lost hope for the season and have nothing to play for and they hate their coach. hitch is trying to motivate them by asking them to envisage being forever tagged as players who caused a hall of famer coach to quit.

good times

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
They need a proper #1 defenseman. I'd be willing to part with everything except Draisatl and McDavid to get that one defenseman who can make my team respectable.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
my hot take.

this is a move by a coach trying to regain authority after losing the room. he is saying don't embarrass me in this situation or i'll embarrass you.

hitch is like one of the bob's from office space sent in by management to figure out who to fire. the players were bound to hate him. they have now lost hope for the season and have nothing to play for and they hate their coach. hitch is trying to motivate them by asking them to envisage being forever tagged as players who caused a hall of famer coach to quit.

good times
He's been fired a bunch of times / fake retired like three times , doubt it carries much weight. Can't really blame him tho he was given a garbage roster .

Was hoping he would manage put in a good d system for a year before replacing him ththo.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
At first I thought it was the usual "re-sign/resign" typo in the title and started getting excited that Hitch was being extended. Damn.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

This is lol-o-riffic. Similar to how Oilers pundits were saying how great Chia was when he was hired "cuz Cups".

If you agree with the poster what are you arguing about?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Maybe we can get Gretzky to play. His track record speaks for itself.

CountKong

Jun 5, 2018
This must be fake news. A professional signed only for another few months just up and quitting? Unless you are being abused you just stick with it, give more responsibility to the assistants and help them learn and connect with the team; try something. So once again, someone must have heard him venting and took things litteraly.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's honestly amazing how much of a cluster**** the Oilers are. It really seems like things have just gotten worse this year even though they're not much worse statistically. It's really a shame to see a generational talent wasted on this kind of team, we haven't seen anything like this since Lemieux in the mid-1980s.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Then we would see your many posts claiming McDavid would fall off the scoring cliff because Hitch was the coach. Oops.

At the time of the thread, MCDavid was on a 130 point pace. I said under hitch, he's more realistically looking at 110-115 at his max. And you got offended by that, and misquoted me several times there, and are doing so now. Right now, McDavid is on pace for ~120 points.

So we were both wrong.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I actually hope it happens. Not to make fun of the Oilers, but maybe... just maybe, it would get ownership to think of the mess they created.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I actually hope it happens. Not to make fun of the Oilers, but maybe... just maybe, it would get ownership to think of the mess they created.

That would require self-reflection and awareness. The owner and OBC know no shame.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Well, I mean, that’s the flip side of hiring a retired coach who’s already won. Not having to give a shit long term was the whole point of hiring him in the first place, there’s a downside to that too.

I’m sure he’s fine financially, so unless he’s terribly bored or lonely when retired I can’t imagine what’s keeping him there honestly.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
when I first saw this I thought it meant "re-sign", (lol we need a new word for that seriously) but I"m actually glad we aren't committing to Hitch so although this would be embarrassing it's not the worst thing. Can we just get Nelson back from Detroit already?

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
I'm amazed. As often as people confuse re-sign with resign this may well be the first time someone has said resigning and that is actualy what they meant.

Reactions: B33K33PING

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The biggest joke is that Hitchcock still has a job on this league. He won the cup 20 years ago on a absolutel stacked Dallas team. Why do teams keep hiring these turds?

It’s asinine that he has a head coaching job. Then you have people like Dan Bylsma somehow find teams desperate enough. He will likely get another head coaching job soon because people have forgotten how bad he was, but he has that Stanley cup ring.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
my hot take.

good times

"So, Looch....what would you say......YOU DO HERE?"

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
When you start tanking for that first overall, it's hard to un-tank yourself. They're now stuck in tank mode until they figure out how to reboot themselves.
What if I told you the Oilers never tanked (they just sucked/suck)

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Oilers should hire Doug Weight for their next coach. They love their ex oilers and they wouldn't have to worry about getting better defenseman because Weight teams don't defend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad