GDT: Fri Mar 22nd 7pm- Laval Rockets vs Belleville Senators

What does Reinbacher have to do this game to make you forget about Michkov?

• End the game with a positive +/-

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Score at least a point

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Have an expected GF/GA over 60%

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Hattrick, and score the GWG on a Michigan

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • He is and will always be a BUUUUUUSSST!

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Why are people so critical of Houle ?

Struble, Xhekaj, Roy and Mailloux all played in the AHL this year and look improved ?
Not really. Struble has faded and is not gonna be anything more than a 5 or 6 dman.

Xhekaj’s great play with Laval was more a byproduct of the fact he was a 23 year old with a full NHL season under already his belt - he should have dominated and to his credit he did, don’t really think Houle had anything to do with that

Roy is ok - he didn’t exactly dominate with Laval as many said he would

And for all of Mailloux’s offensive flair, how is he defensively? The fact that his best stretch of hockey came when Xhekaj arrived is more a reflection on Xhekaj than Houle

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Not really. Struble has faded and is not gonna be anything more than A 5 or 6 dman.

Xhekaj’s great play with Laval was more a byproduct of the fact he was a 23 year old with already a ful NJL season under his belt - he should have dominated and to his credit he did, don’t really think Houle had anything to do with that

Roy is ok - he didn’t exactly dominate with Laval as many said he would

And for all of Mailloux’s offensive flair, how is he defensively? The fact that his best stretch of hockey came when Xhekaj arrived is more a reflection on Xhekaj than Houle
All these players you name didnt even play a full season in the A. Whats with those insane expectations. They all showed great promise imo. Youre being difficult.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Damn I watched the @montreal express and realized the game wasn't as boring as I thought it was.
The problem was the pathetic play by play on the Belleville feed.

Plus speaking of Barron I don't think anyone was as fluid as he was walking the line or moving the puck in the ozone.

The other thing I noticed was Reinbacher's subtle nod of the head after he scored his goal.
His version of swagger no doubt. :laugh:
I agree. I thought Barron, at least tonight, showed the most mobility among our young prospects. But one has to wonder if that is a case of damning him with faintest of praise. All in all, the point is, at least to this writer, there wasn't much to get too excited about watching Laval. If material help is coming, it will largely be from drafted players not already in Laval or players we will be drafting. The reason I think that we have to use the Winnipeg pick unless someone is willing to overpay.

Reactions: Rapala

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
So... on-a tu gagne ou quoi?

Is Reinbacher a total bust? I didn't see a hat-trick so must be. I am panicking. :D
Is he some kind of bust?
Well, he's very impressive but we need to see more of his play.

kind of bust.jpg

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The excitement for me was just having David in the lineup.
The fact that it didn't take him too long to fit in seamlessly was a bonus.
And then to see him use his gap control to close on and steal a puck was vindicating.
Finally seeing him score that tying goal with a superbly placed wrist shot was heaven.

Not much happened.
What was even better for me was that move at the blue line……undressed the Belleville player with ease….was a smooth move, just sick!

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Historians probably taking notes.

Here it is from the reverse angle:

Beautiful goal. Intercept a pass, turn a defender inside out, and wire one pass the goalie. Welcome to the AHL, Mr Reinbacher!!

Looks like there were a lot of people at the pre-season intra-squad game in Belleville. I think there were more people in “The Breakfast Club,” than there were in attendance tonight in Belleville.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Never watched game but goal in his first game impressive. How was rest of his game?
Yesterday Stephane Leroux said he played good. Intelligent on the ice and not being intimidated by the goons. Reply hits per hits. Played a solid game, his skating was fluid and that tie goal on the 3rd period. Rockets were down 0-2 starting the 3rd and Leroux said usually in the AHL it's a lost game. So collectively that was impressive that come back and that win in OT.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
What was even better for me was that move at the blue line……undressed the Belleville player with ease….was a smooth move, just sick!
Absolutely..............the move at the blueline was insane, very subtle, watched it twice and picked it up.
Just wow............

The kid is huge also, nice to see him skate so well.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Anthony Marcotte is a gem, just ask @Tyson . He calls games with a lot of emotion and passion.

Big contrast with Leroux on RDS, whose voice is rather monotone. Leroux helps his case some by offering obscure anecdotes drawn from a vast experience based on following prospects and minor leaguers at large.
If Houde ever needed a replacement I know who I'd vote for. Actually put Marcotte on an island with Seguin we just have to kick one of them off. :sarcasm:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I agree. I thought Barron, at least tonight, showed the most mobility among our young prospects. But one has to wonder if that is a case of damning him with faintest of praise. All in all, the point is, at least to this writer, there wasn't much to get too excited about watching Laval. If material help is coming, it will largely be from drafted players not already in Laval or players we will be drafting. The reason I think that we have to use the Winnipeg pick unless someone is willing to overpay.
I get the focus is on Mailloux and now Reinbacher and how their play affects this fan base.
However I'm still loathe to throw in the towel on Barron after watching him gobble up great swaths of ice like that so effortlessly.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Barron has to help carry this team at this juncture. He is too talented and has good NHL experience.
Absolutely. To be fair I thought he was pretty stable for much of that game.
The one goal that looked bad for him was slightly bad positioning and it was on Mailloux.
Logan needed to be spaced better (staggered) particularly with Barron being the aggressor.
Down 0-1 at the time and nothing happening offensively we can see how they were pushing and got caught out.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Barron has to help carry this team at this juncture. He is too talented and has good NHL experience.
How can he when he’s terrified of his own shadow.. #extremelySOFF

Barron is Josh Brook reincarnated

Reactions: Tyson

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Last night really made me realise that i believe whatever sidney crosby says to us and he blatantly lied to all of us!! Barron was a mess !

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
There's a lot to like about Barron, but at the end of the day his game with the puck needs to be exceptional to compensate for how soft he is as a defenseman. He needs to be a Tyson Barrie or a Justin Schultz type production wise .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad