GDT: Fri Mar 22nd 7pm- Laval Rockets vs Belleville Senators

What does Reinbacher have to do this game to make you forget about Michkov?

• End the game with a positive +/-

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Score at least a point

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Have an expected GF/GA over 60%

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Hattrick, and score the GWG on a Michigan

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • He is and will always be a BUUUUUUSSST!

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The major difference is Brook could never and will never be able to skate like Barron
Not to mention it's a ridiculous take to begin with. I've seen enough of Barron these past 5 games or so to refute that unequivocally.
I talked about how Barron was using his size to his advantage and "Realizing he was Big for a reason" in the GDT's.
People see a big guy and expect them to automatically start driving players into next week.
That is not and never was Barron's game.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Not to mention it's a ridiculous take to begin with. I've seen enough of Barron these past 5 games or so to refute that unequivocally.
I talked about how Barron was using his size to his advantage and "Realizing he was Big for a reason" in the GDT's.
People see a big guy and expect them to automatically start driving players into next week.
That is not and never was Barron's game.
And if you want to add a statistical support for your position its important to note that at 24 years of age Brook has never played a game in the NHL and is now playing in Europe while Barron, who is 2 and half years younger has played close to 90 games in the NHL, scoring 11 goals so far.

The two players aren’t close in current abilities or potential.

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
This fanbase is so funny. Reinbacher scores in his first AHL game and half of you are now trading Barron away and giving up on him.

He still has 6 goals which is tied for 1st on the Habs for defensemen not named Matheson. He's 22.... and many defensemen take longer to hit their stride. We got Petry on his 5th year in the league and he didnt hit 40 points until his 7th season....

He'll never be a superstar but clean up the Dzone, gain a bit of weight and sandpaper and last but not least gain a bit of confidence and he can be a serviceable 2nd pairing guy.

Plus he's an RFA, cost controlled who'll be glad to make 1m and have an NHL spot. You need those guys.

Reinbacher - Mailloux - Barron is more than fine moving forward on RD.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I get the focus is on Mailloux and now Reinbacher and how their play affects this fan base.
However I'm still loathe to throw in the towel on Barron after watching him gobble up great swaths of ice like that so effortlessly.
Barron gets nailed for every mistake, and yet many miss how well he can play...............you would think he is just a young Dman in the organization, but wait.........................he is young!!

Expectations can be bizzarre sometimes, from certain fans.

As for the Right side D...............for the future, wow looks bright. I hope LM and Orville and Barron are all part of it, because Savard and Kovacevic to start, are not, so easy on talking trades with Barron.

Reactions: Rapala and FloJack

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
How can he when he’s terrified of his own shadow.. #extremelySOFF

Barron is Josh Brook reincarnated
I think you may be right...hail Mary on my part

This fanbase is so funny. Reinbacher scores in his first AHL game and half of you are now trading Barron away and giving up on him.

He still has 6 goals which is tied for 1st on the Habs for defensemen not named Matheson. He's 22.... and many defensemen take longer to hit their stride. We got Petry on his 5th year in the league and he didnt hit 40 points until his 7th season....

He'll never be a superstar but clean up the Dzone, gain a bit of weight and sandpaper and last but not least gain a bit of confidence and he can be a serviceable 2nd pairing guy.

Plus he's an RFA, cost controlled who'll be glad to make 1m and have an NHL spot. You need those guys.

Barron has the offensive tools no doubt but as a defenseman he has to learn to play defense.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think you may be right...hail Mary on my part

Barron has the offensive tools no doubt but as a defenseman he has to learn to play defense.
One thing seems to be a certainty.
Given how Hughes handled Ylonen this season there is no reason for me to expect anything less for Barron next season.
He'll have an entire season to earn a chair as our 7th D at the very least.

Reactions: FloJack

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002

You’re asking our fan base to be patient?

That’s a pretty big ask.

Reactions: malcb33

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think the defense in Laval is quite good. But the offense man it's pitiful not a single forward impressed me. People **** on Barron but he looked better than all forwards by a fair margin. When it comes to the forwards i don't think there's anything with NHL top 6 potential in Laval atm.

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
I think the defense in Laval is quite good. But the offense man it's pitiful not a single forward impressed me. People **** on Barron but he looked better than all forwards by a fair margin. When it comes to the forwards i don't think there's anything with NHL top 6 potential in Laval atm.
I don’t think there are many with bottom 6 potential either. Such is the state of our franchise.

Reactions: LaP

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I don’t think there are many with bottom 6 potential either. Such is the state of our franchise.
I agree with drafting BPA but they should put a focus on forwards this year imo. I mean the whole we gonna trade a dman for a forward thing is ludicrous. The best avs could do with Byram was Mittlestatd and while i like Mittlestatd and i think it's going to be a good trade for the avs because of their needs let's not pretend he is an elite forward. I mean you wont get a Mittlestatd unless you trade a Reinbacher and that's not good enough imo we have more chances to grab the elite offensive skills by drafting it imo. We have four 1st round pick in the next two drafts we should use at least 3 of them on forwards.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
That's still a bare cupboard, we should have way more good forward prospects than that for the amount of years we've had high draft picks.
Our top 6 boasts to be full with 6 guys 24/25 and under. 3 we drafted, 3 we targeted when they were young and were acquired with prospects or picks.

We still have plenty of solid middle 6 guys who have sneaky upside who have been producing quite well.

People can write off Mesar all they want. He still has tremendous upside. He was pretty dominant in the first half. Standout at the WJCs then got hurt. I’ve heard a few posters say he looked good in games despite producing.

Then you have a whole slew of guys who have been surprising of late.

Saying the cupboards are bare is pretty disingenuous

Reactions: Guess

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Belleville is the one team that really matters at this point, the others will be too hard to catch.
Standings are incredibly close. A losing streak or winning streak can make a big difference. I think anyone is catchable. Even Utica can catch up

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

When you look at the forward youth, guys like caufield didn't need much time in the ahl, and then slaf got a ticket straight to the NHL. Dach is still very young but he shouldn't be in the ahl either. Josh Roy was also brought up.

So its not as dire of a situation as it looks. It just so happens that the forwards were accelerated to the big leagues. Actually the defensman have been fast tracked too, but there's just much more depth there at the moment and the overflow is in the ahl.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

all season long Laval has been the worst team in the league for GA and one of the top 10 teams in GF. The defense has mostly been a total shit show, just breakdown after breakdown, turnovers, poor decisions left and right. But it's to be expected when you have Barron, Norlinder, Trudeau, Mailloux, that's a lot of defensive issues/decision making between them.

the offense did not look good last night, the team in general rarely seems to play well vs the Sens no matter what year it is.

Barron has mostly looked like shit in Laval but things started to get better once they broke up the Trudeau Barron pairing which was getting torched as both can make some terrible decisions in their own end. But once Barron got paired with Bisson he started playing better.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Our top 6 boasts to be full with 6 guys 24/25 and under. 3 we drafted, 3 we targeted when they were young and were acquired with prospects or picks.

We still have plenty of solid middle 6 guys who have sneaky upside who have been producing quite well.

People can write off Mesar all they want. He still has tremendous upside. He was pretty dominant in the first half. Standout at the WJCs then got hurt. I’ve heard a few posters say he looked good in games despite producing.

Then you have a whole slew of guys who have been surprising of late.

Saying the cupboards are bare is pretty disingenuous
I hope for our sake you are right, I know we have lots of middle six guys but what we need are top 6 forwards, we only have four that we are sure of (Slaf, Caufield, Suzuki, Dach) and most contenders have more than 6.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm more impressed by Dobes than Mailloux achievement here.

This year Rocket defense play is the worst the team ever had and Dobes started with multiple loses in a row. Monty/Primeau might not be the Habs duo for a lot of seasons...
In this day and age there are better ways to gauge a goalie’s performance that attributing to him a team-generated stat.

Not taking anything away from Dobes but this thing about awarding wins and losses to goalies is antiquated and can’t understand how pundits are still foaming at the mouth over this.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Reinbacher scoring in his first AHL game plus no Habs game tonight …

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00