GDT: Fri Mar 22nd 7pm- Laval Rockets vs Belleville Senators

What does Reinbacher have to do this game to make you forget about Michkov?

• End the game with a positive +/-

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Score at least a point

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Have an expected GF/GA over 60%

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Hattrick, and score the GWG on a Michigan

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • He is and will always be a BUUUUUUSSST!

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Just over to North America, first AHL game, and you can tell everything they liked about the kid in that game.

The offense isn't overwhelming but it's there and he showed that he isn't a defense only, that's a big league play on his first goal.
It’s his first game, too. He’ll try more offensive play when his confidence will grow even bigger.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Maybe but in the playoffs, imagine players going up against a Xhekaj Struble pairing. They will make you pay.
Xhekaj is much better on the left side than the right and Struble hasn't played on the right since he has turned pro

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Yup, Mailloux & Reinbacher are both better than him. We need to move Barron.
Actually, I thought Barron had a good game. I thought that he had more push up the ice than Mailloux, who, other than his overtime goal, played a poor game. What is even more troubling, are the Laval forwards. I saw no forwards who realistically offer an upgrade over what we have now in Montreal. That is quite sad when you consider who populates our bottom 2 lines.. We better have a good draft this summer because the cupboard is barren, at least with respect to forwards who have promise, in Laval.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
2-2 thanks to ...

e0iqpHx.jpg
The Dude's a stud the girls are going to go wild. Stay out of trouble David.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
what a huge win as it was not looking good but credit to Dobes for not letting that 1st goal get to him.

Mailloux up to 41 points, what a goal from him.

Reinbacher struggled in the 1st but seem to settle down in the 2nd, nice goal from him. Have been saying I want to see him shoot more and that I think his offense is underrated.

With Trudeau going down that really hurt the pairings so playing the rest of the game with 5D and one of them is in his 1st game in North America in what is a must win game on the road. For a team that let in the most goals in the league (last time I checked, they were neck and neck with SJ), they were put in a tough spot but held on.

Not a great night for the offense, Farrell had some nice plays but concerned about Heineman a bit.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's disappointing for sure. I really wanted a 1st for Lehkonen. Colorado traded their 2022 1st for Kuemper, but I would have loved their 2023 1st.

Hopefully we get something for Barron.
Barron is no longer waiver exempt next season.

Maybe Hughes can pitch him to the Peg, in a brotherly reunion scenario.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's disappointing for sure. I really wanted a 1st for Lehkonen. Colorado traded their 2022 1st for Kuemper, but I would have loved their 2023 1st.

Hopefully we get something for Barron.
It's starting to become evident Barron has to take some big steps to end up in our future plans.
It's too bad but If defending is such a problem for him he possesses skills a lot of our forwards don't have.
We aren't going to get much for him on the market maybe we could convince him he's a great skating heavy winger.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Actually, I thought Barron had a good game. I thought that he had more push up the ice than Mailloux, who, other than his overtime goal, played a poor game. What is even more troubling, are the Laval forwards. I saw no forwards who realistically offer an upgrade over what we have now in Montreal. That is quite sad when you consider who populates are bottom 2 lines.. We better have a good draft this summer because the cupboard is barren, at least with respect to forwards who have promise, in Laval.

Yeah, there are no forwards currently in the AHL who will help Montreal. There was only ever Roy & he looks NHL ready.

We'll see what happens with Beck next year. Like Roy, he might be close.

I expect Mesar to be in AHL next. I'm not sure what they plan to do with Florian Xhekaj. I might send him back for a 20 year old season like Arber did. They'll probably decide at camp.

I like Davidson but he's injured. Only other forward who could turn NA pro is Kapanen.

We really need to draft forwards this year. There's some decent ones through round 2. It's not a deep draft.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah, there are no forwards currently in the AHL who will help Montreal. There was only ever Roy & he looks NHL ready.

I expect Mesar to be in AHL next. I'm not sure what they plan to do with Florian Xhekaj. I might send him back for a 20 year old season like Arber did. They'll probably decide at camp.

I like Davidson but he's injured. Only other forward who could turn NA pro is Kapanen.

We really need to draft forwards this year. There's some decent ones through round 2. It's not a deep draft.
When you find yourself proposing Justin Barron as a potential forward you might be lacking in talent on the front end.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It's starting to become evident Barron has to take some big steps to end up in our future plans.
It's too bad but If defending is such a problem for him he possesses skills a lot of our forwards don't have.
We aren't going to get much for him on the market maybe we could convince him he's a great skating heavy winger.

His defense is poor largely because he's really soft, and just doesn't process the game well defensively. He hesitated so much at the NHL level he drove me crazy. He would have a ton of time to move the puck & he'd hold it, hold it, hold it then get checked & lose the puck.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Damn dinner engagement and I miss all of the excitement
The excitement for me was just having David in the lineup.
The fact that it didn't take him too long to fit in seamlessly was a bonus.
And then to see him use his gap control to close on and steal a puck was vindicating.
Finally seeing him score that tying goal with a superbly placed wrist shot was heaven.

Not much happened.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The excitement for me was just having David in the lineup.
The fact that it didn't take him too long to fit in seamlessly was a bonus.
And then to see him use his gap control to close on and steal a puck was vindicating.
Finally seeing him score that tying goal with a superbly placed wrist shot was heaven.

Not much happened.
I will go on YouTube and get @montreal 's post game recap or I will watch the 3rd period on AHL TV!

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite

Daniil Sobolev has looked good as a RD this year in the OHL. The defensive RD will be playing in the AHL next year. Let’s hope Houle is gone by then…I watched tonight and the same coaching incompetence continues. It’s what was on display at game 10, 20, 30…whatever…it’s a terrible message for rookies within a rebuilding program.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad