GDT: Fri Mar 22nd 7pm- Laval Rockets vs Belleville Senators

What does Reinbacher have to do this game to make you forget about Michkov?

• End the game with a positive +/-

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Score at least a point

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Have an expected GF/GA over 60%

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Hattrick, and score the GWG on a Michigan

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • He is and will always be a BUUUUUUSSST!

Votes: 10 15.2%

• Total voters

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Daniil Sobolev has looked good as a RD this year in the OHL. The defensive RD will be playing in the AHL next year. Let’s hope Houle is gone by then…I watched tonight and the same coaching incompetence continues. It’s what was on display at game 10, 20, 30…whatever…it’s a terrible message for rookies within a rebuilding program.
Why are people so critical of Houle ?

Struble, Xhekaj, Roy and Mailloux all played in the AHL this year and look improved ?

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Actually, I thought Barron had a good game. I thought that he had more push up the ice than Mailloux, who, other than his overtime goal, played a poor game. What is even more troubling, are the Laval forwards. I saw no forwards who realistically offer an upgrade over what we have now in Montreal. That is quite sad when you consider who populates are bottom 2 lines.. We better have a good draft this summer because the cupboard is barren, at least with respect to forwards who have promise, in Laval.
Our best forward prospects not in the NHL (like Roy), mainly Xhekaj, Beck, Tuch, Kapanen, Eriksson aren't in the AHL too. Laval should get a boost next year, with guys like Kidney hopefully taking a step

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Our best forward prospects not in the NHL (like Roy), mainly Xhekaj, Beck, Tuch, Kapanen, Eriksson aren't in the AHL too. Laval should get a boost next year, with guys like Kidney hopefully taking a step
That's still a bare cupboard, we should have way more good forward prospects than that for the amount of years we've had high draft picks.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
His defense is poor largely because he's really soft, and just doesn't process the game well defensively. He hesitated so much at the NHL level he drove me crazy. He would have a ton of time to move the puck & he'd hold it, hold it, hold it then get checked & lose the puck.
Feels like an Anderson type of big boy but softer... Good skating, good shot, everything seems to go molasse with the puck on his stick. Last year he had a nice goal while backward skating and it was promising but that next-step seems so close yet so far away.

I miss Lehkonen, it was a good try from Hugues and I'm happy for him that he can play at his potential but damn... Lehky >>> Barron when talking about playoff type player...

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
That's still a bare cupboard, we should have way more good forward prospects than that for the amount of years we've had high draft picks.

3 of the 4 last years we drafted D with our 1st round picks: Reinbacher, Mailloux & Guhle. The exception was 2022 when we drafted Slafkovsky & Mesar 1st round.

2020 netted us no forwards. We took Guhle then had 2 late 2nds where we picked Tuch & Mysak.

2019 we drafted a shit load of D, but got Caufield in 1st round.

This year we need a 2022 type draft where we're mainly drafting forwards early.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
3 of the 4 last years we drafted D with our 1st round picks: Reinbacher, Mailloux & Guhle. The exception was 2022 when we drafted Slafkovsky & Mesar 1st round.

2020 netted us no forwards. We took Guhle then had 2 late 2nds where we picked Tuch & Mysak.

2019 we drafted a shit load of D, but got Caufield in 1st round.

This year we need a 2022 type draft where we're mainly drafting forwards early.
Yeah if anything guys like Xhekaj, Roy, Kapanen, Eriksson is showing us our scouts may actually be able to recognize talent now with our later picks.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
no7uU2Q.gif

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Damn I watched the @montreal express and realized the game wasn't as boring as I thought it was.
The problem was the pathetic play by play on the Belleville feed.

Plus speaking of Barron I don't think anyone was as fluid as he was walking the line or moving the puck in the ozone.

The other thing I noticed was Reinbacher's subtle nod of the head after he scored his goal.
His version of swagger no doubt. :laugh:

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
I mean our high picks were Reinbacher, Slaf, Beck, Mesar. We traded the other high picks
Still is crazy to think we have CC, Slaf, Newhook, RHP, Roy, Ylonen, Ghule, Xhekaj, Harris, Strubble all up in the NHL where few teams have so many young guys playing in the big team. Of course the A cupboard is empty.

The NHL team was bare/depleted, the kids that could play were brought up to evaluate and give'em experience. It makes the Rocket full of veterans and 1st year draftee.

Next season Beck gets here and probably will try to take Anderson's place. Mesar should play, hopefully Heineman (not the season I expected) and Davidson light it up. Kapanen? I'm eager to see where Rohrer and F. Xhekaj stands at next camp though there is no hurry.

It may take another year before the A has top guys in all positions with actual NHL potential.

Reactions: Redux91 and Sagikev

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh and I don't know if it's just me but I find that play by play dude at least twice as enjoyble as the RDS crew.
He literally said Heineman fell into the flowers on the rug. Who doesn't like that.
Anthony Marcotte is a gem, just ask @Tyson . He calls games with a lot of emotion and passion.

Big contrast with Leroux on RDS, whose voice is rather monotone. Leroux helps his case some by offering obscure anecdotes drawn from a vast experience based on following prospects and minor leaguers at large.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Anthony Marcotte is a gem, just ask @Tyson . He calls games with a lot of emotion and passion.

Big contrast with Leroux on RDS, whose voice is rather monotone. Leroux helps his case some by offering obscure anecdotes drawn from a vast experience based on following prospects and minor leaguers at large.
Yes Marcotte belongs in primetime...he is excellent

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
I was at the game, and although I am not a scout, I did notice some things about our boi. Concerning his skating, there was one sequence where he was racing back for the icing, and a Senator was racing back too, Reinbacher took half as many strides as the Senator player, but the gap didn't narrow. He is just that smooth, but quick too. His stick was very active, and he anticipated the play well. He broke several plays by timing his pinch perfectly, he also intercepted a pass a few times as well. He carried the puck the length of the ice at least two times. He was not punishing physically, but Mailloux was, however, he didn't shy away from contact. Overall, he was just so impressive.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Awesome to see Reinbacher score! And what a beauty.

The D-man are scoring in Laval as well. While our defense prospects pool might be top 5 in the league (if not better) our forward prospects pool is bottom 3. This will need to be addressed. Be it by trade or draft. I am however against drafting forwards simply because it's a need. Always BPA. The surplus of D-man can always be used in a trade for forwards.

Reactions: Tyson and Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad