Free Mason Marchment

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
We have so many options for the 4th line next year. Could go all big at times with:

Marchment-Gauthier-Engvall

Could go small at times with:

Timashov-Petan-Bracco

Could do a combination of both.

The lineup gets way easier to manage once guys like Marleau and Brown are gone and you can start mixing in guys that want to scratch and claw for ice time. You could have
as many as 6 guys that you could shift in and out of the lineup with a base of:

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
???-Kadri-Kapanen
???-???-???

Petan, Moore, Gauthier, Marchment, Timashov, Engvall would be my 6 other forwards to start because of waivers and whatnot with Bracco and Korshkov being on standby with the Marlies.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
We have so many options for the 4th line next year. Could go all big at times with:

Timashov-Petan-Bracco

The lineup gets way easier to manage once guys like Marleau and Brown are gone and you can start mixing in guys that want to scratch and claw for ice time. You could have

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
???-Kadri-Kapanen
???-???-???

Petan, Moore, Gauthier, Marchment, Timashov, Engvall would be my 6 other forwards to start because of waivers and whatnot with Bracco and Korshkov being on standby with the Marlies.

So much wrong in that post lol

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018

Timashov-Petan-Bracco

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
???-Kadri-Kapanen
???-???-???

You’ll never see all rookies on the bottom line who will also be needed for pk. Too much risk, Babs needs gud pros to deploy. Bottom pairing d of rookies will be enough excitement on its on let alone 4 rooks playing bottom 6

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
You’ll never see all rookies on the bottom line who will also be needed for pk. Too much risk, Babs needs gud pros to deploy. Bottom pairing d of rookies will be enough excitement on its on let alone 4 rooks playing bottom 6
We dont have much of an option based on cap space...Plus graduating Marlies has been working out pretty well lately for us. The team is very good and has lots of guys ready for NHL jobs. Speed, skill and hardwork is needed in our bottom 6 and the best way to get it is young hungry Marlies.

As for the PK forwards...

Marner, Hyman, Kapanen, Moore, Tavares, Gauthier, Engvall....We have options.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
He is a clutch player at the AHL level. Seems like he has a big goal every playoff series, lots of game winners, first goals. More of a scorer than his dad, but he does hit and shows some innate grit there. I think he gets a shot this year as an injury fill in. Up to him to make it count. A few good hits, get in on some scoring. Leafs fans would love a guy who can score AND hit again.

Reactions: Dog

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Would be great beside Gauthier on the 4th line. Can easily do everything Lindholm does but provide some toughness and snarl to our line up
in the mean time. Huge hit and fight today in the Marlies game.

You had me until Gauthier...

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
We dont have much of an option based on cap space...Plus graduating Marlies has been working out pretty well lately for us. The team is very good and has lots of guys ready for NHL jobs. Speed, skill and hardwork is needed in our bottom 6 and the best way to get it is young hungry Marlies.

As for the PK forwards...

Marner, Hyman, Kapanen, Moore, Tavares, Gauthier, Engvall....We have options.

Marner can kill penalties, but he probably shouldn't do it too regularly. It just takes away ice time from other areas.

Same for Tavares. He and Maner could be used as a pair when we need a goal. I would want them to be 5th and 6th in PK TOI.

Kapanen is not a good PKer. Despite his speed, he is far to slow to recognize what lanes need to be filled.

Moore might be a good PKer, but he's never done it at the NHL level.

I think Gauthier can be a decent PKer, but Babcock clearly doesn't trust him.

Engvall hasn't even made the NHL yet, and likely won't next season.

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
They will be forced to play players on elc deals on their bottom lines there is no way around it. Considering that Marner, Hyman & Kap are PKers already it shouldn't be too hard to find another couple players to fill the roll. Dermott when healthy will be on the 3rd pair he aint a rookie.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Marner can kill penalties, but he probably shouldn't do it too regularly. It just takes away ice time from other areas.

Same for Tavares. He and Maner could be used as a pair when we need a goal. I would want them to be 5th and 6th in PK TOI.

Kapanen is not a good PKer. Despite his speed, he is far to slow to recognize what lanes need to be filled.

Moore might be a good PKer, but he's never done it at the NHL level.

I think Gauthier can be a decent PKer, but Babcock clearly doesn't trust him.

Engvall hasn't even made the NHL yet, and likely won't next season.
Bergeron Marchand seems to be working out pretty well for the Bruins.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think he's got a chance to steal a spot in training camp. I think he would have turned heads last training camp but he got injured and was out for awhile.

He's got a big summer ahead of him. If he can stay healthy and improve his overall speed just a little bit, I think he can make it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad