Free Mason Marchment

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
This guy needs to be added next year along with Grundstrom if all goes well.

Mango - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Moore - Kadri - Kapenen
Marchment - xxx - Grundstrom

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
This guy needs to be added next year along with Grundstrom if all goes well.

Mango - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Moore - Kadri - Kapenen
Marchment - xxx - Grundstrom
Is 'xxx' Marleau's nickname?

Reactions: socko

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Definitely true. Your option is yours tho.

Both horrendous players and provide zero to the team

Gauthier and Lindholm are NOT absolute trash. The closest thing to trash that has a contract is Jooris, maybe Clune...but I think Clune only has an AHL contract.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I said before the yr began he was the dark horse. Many said he was far off, looking at his AHL I would say he is close. He is a nasty piece of business that has some offensive flare. That's what we are missing.

He missed camp due to injury, or I think he may have made the team. Unfortunately for him..Moore played really well when he got brought up so I think Moore gets the nod first.

In saying that Dubas has to make a trade real soon. We are free falling, nothing Mike has done is working. So you either blame the coach or the players. I think it's a bit of both. But I'm waiting for Dubas to pull the trigger on a trade. Good to know teams have been told Kapenen nor Sandin is for sale..so that leaves Johnsson, anyone but our obvious forward core..and add Lily, Bracco into the fold, in a deal for a top 4 RHD. The consolation prize would be Muzzin but I feel like we could be getting Manson or Montour as the Ducks are clearly having a fire sale

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I like how everyone thinks he's some huge, super physical guy who will add a physical presence to the Leafs.

He's big. He'll go to the dirty areas and work hard. He's competitive. He'll even stick up for guys once in a while. However he's essentially a less physical version of Matt Martin. He would not be a terrible addition to the 4th line, or as a depth player, but that is the extent of his abilities really.

He definitely would not upgrade anything they've got right now.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
He looks like someone who might be able to take that next step, but to me it will depend on how this summer goes.
If he can keep improving his skating, he will be a NHLer.

Even if the scoring declines a lot, the way he throws the body, if he has that extra half step of speed/agility he will be able to forecheck hard. Babs would love that

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Totally agree he would be a perfect 4th liner come playoff time...He and Marchment are both warriors who deserve to be on this team after that AHL playoff run. Those guys impressed me more than Johnsson even though he was the mvp...The reason being all the little things they do well in forechecking and cycling.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
He will get a very long look as a Leaf in camp. He is bringing it in the playoffs and is often the best forward or forwards on the ice

Making an impact and had size and some edge to his game

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Hyman - - Tavares - - Marner
Moore - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - - Kadri - - Kapanen
Marchement - Goat - Brown​

Replace Marchement with Marleau on the 3rd line.
Marleau is now a 4th liner. Machement is younger, faster, more energetic, and, can hit harder than Marleau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->