Free Mason Marchment

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
After Marner and Kappy sign then it will be a CAP driven line-up for balance of roster. I hear the team is nowhere close with signing AJ so he likely is used as a chip to unload Z to free up space on defense. Marchment has a very good chance to stick next season. Babs likes em big and strong on puck so Marchment fits the bill. I'd put it at 60% he makes opening night roster. If AJ agrees to 2.1M per though then all bets off the table. Lots of CAP issues on the table so there is no clear plan quite yet.

Reactions: bigbabybuda

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Speaking of power wingers, Mason Marchment is a huge pain in the ass to play against. He plays a physical style and is constantly getting on his opponents’ nerves. He also possesses good hands around the net and uses his long-reach to generate takeaways. I could see him playing games for the Leafs next year, as the Leafs could use a physical player of this type in their lineup as well as someone who could help them draw more penalties. I think he would be close to a replacement-level player and likely limited to the fourth line, but he does bring a different playing style to the table and there is value in that.

Toronto Maple Leafs Musings: Offseason trade ideas & a look at what's coming on the Marlies

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
I could definitely see him getting a shot in the lineup next season. With the possibility of Marleau, Brown, and Zaitsev sticking around, and the impending Marner, Johnsson, and Kapanen negotiations, there could definitely be spots open on the 4th line wings.

I think that Bracco definitely stands ahead of him as a candidate (as he has potential to slot into a top 9 role and play PP minutes as well), but along with Carcone, Engvall, and perhaps Brooks or Timashov, I could see Marchment challenging the likes of Petan for a spot as the 12/13 guy. I don't anticipate that will happen, and I hope we can keep AJ, Kappy, and Marner, but I would love to see Mason in the lineup. He's a good player in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad