Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Reactions: Edge

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
There's nothing wrong with seeing where K. Miller/Robertson/Reunanen/Hajek/Kravstov/Barron/Gettinger and even someone like a Justin Richards are in terms of their development.

Maybe that's the plan. Tarmo had a super camp last year. Some of these "older" prospects like Gettinger and Hajek it's time to find out about and either let them learn their craft at the NHL level, or package them in deals for improvements or other prospects that need a change of scenery.

Rangers have brought guys like Frolov, Prospal, and Fedotenko in very late in the summer.

Some guys will get invites or a contract late in the game.

Remember as @Edge said right now playing in the NorthEast where covid is bad is not desirable.

Plus look at someone like Jack Johnson. He was desperate to get a contract. $1.1 million for an athlete in NY after agent fees and taxes isn't that great. Some Wall Street people make more than that with their base salary.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Yes. Very much so.

Not poking at inside info, but realistically, who are they even sniffing around at this point? Who has a top six center they can part with? Who matches well with us based on needs?

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
Im an amateur on fortnite
CaptBagel
Im ok but cant build for sh*t haha
Im an old Unreal Tournament player
But back on topic
Read that they didnt want to give Fast a third year
At 2 mil he's worth it
Put him on the 4th line
Gauth, krav, kak and buch shouldn't play 4th line anyway
Unless Fast feels like he's too good for 4th line then i can understand him wanting to move on

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Calgary still in play.

St. Louis definitely an option for a different kind of trade.

And this different type of trade is??? Lol

My assumption reading through the lines is the Rangers trading someone that hasn't been actively brought up in other trade rumors (IE not Strome or ADA)?

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I doubt we have the space to take a Bozak or Steen off the Blues's hands and help them with Pietrangelo.

Either Barbashev or Sundqvist would be a good value 3C for us, but either would have to be one of their last ditch options for cutting salary.

Of their LD, I am sure they are interested in moving Scandella or Gunnarsson, but that also doesn't help us.

I dont believe they will trade Dunn unless it were in a move that helped them sign Pietrangelo. They will likely expose Faulk to Seattle and Seattle likely claims Faulk.

Last edited:

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I wouldn't fret too much over the condition of the roster on October 11th. If the seasons isn't starting until January we still have almost 3 whole months of offseason for the Rangers to make moves. Step off the ledge. The long term effects of the draft will far outweigh what's happened in free agency so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad