GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Haula is an interesting one. Good motor and decent defensively. The perception is that he’s fallen off after his one big offensive season but he has missed a ton of time with injuries.

Over the last 3 years he’s played 139 games and put up 86 points, which is a 50.7 per 82 pace. With the market starting to dry up and guys being more likely to settle for a short term deal, Haula I would take a swing on. He has skill enough to play up in the lineup and possibly fit with Panarin but he can easily be a third line guy with good energy as well.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Haula is an interesting one. Good motor and decent defensively. The perception is that he’s fallen off after his one big offensive season but he has missed a ton of time with injuries.

Over the last 3 years he’s played 139 games and put up 86 points, which is a 50.7 per 82 pace. With the market starting to dry up and guys being more likely to settle for a short term deal, Haula I would take a swing on. He has skill enough to play up in the lineup and possibly fit with Panarin but he can easily be a third line guy with good energy as well.
Haula has a bad knee injury that cost him most of the 18-19 season. Vegas had to move him because of the cap. He was slow com8ng back from the injury and then had trouble finding a place in the Carolina lineup.

I really like the player. He was terrific in Vegas in their Stanley Cup run. He’s a a Finn. And he really needs a prove it year to rebuild his value. If he is healthy, I think he would be a terrific value signing.

mac

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Rangers are looking good.
Look around the league only 4 teams with any money.
Rangers roaster is full.
If you need to upgrade the time is next year.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Kakko
Panarin-Lafreniere-Buchnevich
Barron-Chytil -Strome
Lemieux-Howden-Gauthier

Kravtsov
Rooney

Lots of options

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Interested in seeing how the locker room dynamic changes this year. By all accounts, Staal and Fast were very well liked by the other guys. ADA is also very well liked and the team is shopping him. Lundqvist obviously was an enormous presence in the locker room too. So there is a sea change happening. They are professionals paid to do a job of course, but there is a human aspect that impacts on-ice results as well.

Krieder, Zib need to fill that void now.

I think they feel Lindgren can be a guy too. Was Captain of the U17 and U18 teams. Alternate for the WJC. Alternate for Minnesota as a sophomore.

Reactions: McSauer

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The problem is that everyone just assume you go out and make an offer and they sign.

What if other teams have better offers? Or if the player prefers other fits better?

It’s one thing to say, “it’s simple, just go out and do this...”

But what if “this” isn’t an option?

nobody assumes that... at least I’d like to give everyone more credit than that. Everyone here is an adult and realizes you don’t automatically get whoever you want. But there were/are plenty of options and you spend the money on Jack Johnson you should probably as a management team expect to be questioned on where you are headed.

fast moving on makes sense you committed to your young wingers can’t be running fast out there on your second line

Last edited:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Thoroughly enjoyed watching people spend Friday claiming Johnson isn’t actually gonna play and is just a depth signing pivot to “we are actually broke and cannot afford anyone else” on Saturday.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
If Vegas is looking to move Schmidt and they feel they HAVE to make room money wise for Pietrangelo, I would swoop in and offer one of our prospects. No money back to Vegas.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Thoroughly enjoyed watching people spend Friday claiming Johnson isn’t actually gonna play and is just a depth signing pivot to “we are actually broke and cannot afford anyone else” on Saturday.

A trade of equal salaries can still change that.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
If Vegas is looking to move Schmidt and they feel they HAVE to make room money wise for Pietrangelo, I would swoop in and offer one of our prospects. No money back to Vegas.
How do we fit Schmidt in when we didnt have enough $ for Fast and our RFAs/replacements?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Looks like 1 million per for Clifford I guess no one wants to come to New York right now :(

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
How do we fit Schmidt in when we didnt have enough $ for Fast and our RFAs/replacements?

We’d have to move ADA, but Schmidt on the left gives this team balance and Schmidt is the type of D we could really benefit from.

Reactions: bobbop

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Basically you’re saying be a bit more patient?! I’m fine with this. It would have been much worse if we did something long term stupid like claim Tyler Johnson.

Kind of, while some people will not like the term waiting on the prospects, the Rangers have a ton of prospects of the types they've never had before. I think waiting on them to enter their primes is a good idea. If they can keep their cap flexible, keep the team pretty competitive whether that turns into wins or loses, and if that "waiting" proves to be worthwhile, I think that leaves them in a great place structurally.

Does not mean I like the JJ signing, I feel as if reaching into the past because of familiarity rather than on ice impact needs to end.

Last edited:

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
We’d have to move ADA, but Schmidt on the left gives this team balance and Schmidt is the type of D we could really benefit from.
Schmidt's peak output (three seasons ago) was almost 20 points less than what ADA achieved in fewer GP this season. He's signed at almost 6 million until he's 34, so in the short and intermediate term he will cost more and do less than ADA.

How does that work for us, because hes left-handed?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
nobody assumes that at least I’d live to give everyone more credit than that. Everyone here is an adult and realized you don’t automatically get whoever you want. But there were/are plenty of options and you spend the money on Jack Johnson you should probably as a management team expect to be questioned on where you are headed.

fast moving on makes sense you committed to your young wingers can’t be running fast out there on your second line

I think most don’t; I think some do — even subconsciously.

I have no problem questioning the Johnson signing. Though I do think there’s more to not signing certain players than simply not liking them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad