Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Zadorov - Johnson
Girard - Cole
Nemeth - Barberio
Alt

SadRoyFace.gif

I see you're forgetting the 2 players that are the reason he is going to be moved.

Reactions: New Scotlander

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Again, I would not expect them to be as good as we were.

Just potentially good enough to devalue that pick a whole ton

Their roster is NOTHING like the Avs was. If you try to relate them you are fooling yourself.

There is a very strong track record for teams with no defense and goaltending, even if they have some good forwards. We should expect Ott to preform similarly to Buf of the past few years and Edm before Mcdavid.

Ott is about as surefire bottom 3 team as you can have.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Their roster is NOTHING like the Avs was. If you try to relate them you are fooling yourself.

There is a very strong track record for teams with no defense and goaltending, even if they have some good forwards. We should expect Ott to preform similarly to Buf of the past few years and Edm before Mcdavid.

Ott is about as surefire bottom 3 team as you can have.
I feel like you’re ignoring all the context and implications around those statements, so whatever

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I see you're forgetting the 2 players that are the reason he is going to be moved.

PCS Timmins who you think will somehow make the team this year or Makar who is going back to college?

Sounds like a year of taking a step backwards, IMO.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Those two aren’t ready to play now. Barrie’s way ahead of them at the moment.

I don't expect him to be moved now, I expect him to be moved before his contract is up. The only way he is moved now is if a team offers something too good to pass up like Nylander(tor for the smartasses).

I feel like you’re ignoring all the context and implications around those statements, so whatever

Would you mind elaborating a bit more, I'm not fully sure what you are referencing

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Would you mind elaborating a bit more, I'm not fully sure what you are referencing
Well, the multi comment conversation it was a part of, for one.

My whole point in the Avs comparison is that it’s easy to count people as bottom of the league and it not happen.

Yes, they won’t be nearly as good, but if they dedicate themselves to being competitive I could see them pushing for 10th overall over top 3

Ultimately, as long we own that pick, they’ll do everything in their power to devalue it

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Didn’t he just absolutely crush it down the stretch after returning from one of those surgeries though?

Yes. He was rusty to start the season after having surgery coming off a short offseason. But if his “bad” season is leading the NHL in PPG for defenseman on a tire fire of a team than I’m not overly worried about his ankle injuries.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Can you imagine being a fan of Chicago or Minnesota this offseason if the Avs or Stars add Karlsson?

Sat around doing nothing all offseason while you watched the Blues and Stars or Avs massively improve and the Preds and Jets were already an insurmountable opponent. Plus you have a pipeline that is rather barren.

Reminds me of the late 2000's era for the Avs.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
If that Ottawa lineup without Karlsson wasn't bad enough, lose Stone and it gets real real ugly.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Just because the ankle is fine now, doesn't mean it won't be a recurring problem in a year or 3.
Not that I don't expect whatever team acquiring him to be thorough in their evaluation, but Karlsson's injury is a pretty big red flag for me. I watched him quite a bit last year and it was clear he lost a step. Obviously he is still very effective just on one ankle, but it could really come back to bite a team a few years down the line.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I'd do our 2019 1st + 2nd + Barrie for EK + Ryan. I'd do their 2019 1st + our 2nd + Barrie for EK by himself.

Otherwise, If I were Joe I'd also offer our 2019 1st, 2nd, 3rd for Stone and wink a bunch as I made the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino