GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castle1*

Agreed. Not uncommon that Canucks would project a bit and player has ambitions, but it doesn't mean it will happen. Besides, offence remains our Achilles still, so I'm still hoping we can get someone like a Boyes, Larose or gerbe...

Gerbe would be good because after the games Lain could put him in his pocket to go back to the hotel.:sarcasm:

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
anyone got a link to this whole Hodgson vs Buffalo thing???

i see lots of comments but no links..even twitter

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
MG coming on Team1040, and then a presser at 4, so I assume we're done for the day.

Still 3 legitimate holes on our forward corps. 2LW, 3C, 4LW. Hope they give him some tough questions.

I think prospects fill these holes. Kassian seems destined for the Twins according to Botchford, and this bumps down Burrows to the 2LW. As for 3C and 4LW, I want Gaunce and Archibald to be allowed to run with these positions badly.

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
TonyG blowing smoke for GMMG, some teams core is younger than ours, so projected natural improvement was a factor when you consider Edmonton, LAK.... Tired of MG's act already....

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Anyone wanna transcribe what McSweatypants is saying?

"Day 1 went exactly as we expected"
"We were in on a few players but, we didn't feel they were better than what we already had"
"It's all part of the process"
"Yes I DO think Brad Richardson can play 3C on a Stanley Cup contender"

Castle1*

TonyG blowing smoke for GMMG, some teams core is younger than ours, so projected natural improvement was a factor when you consider Edmonton, LAK.... Tired of MG's act already....

Agreed. Bryan Murray sounded real and truthful when he spoke to the media about Alf.

To me gillis just sounds like a slimy type used car salesman everytime he talks now...and i can picture him sweating like no ones business.

Says the same old crap with we have our core locked up....blah blah blah. Hey Mike...have you noticed the core sucked balls in the playoffs TWO years running?

Wow.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Ok so news1130 brad zeimer say canucks had not talked to tanev the past few todays, and gillis says they just talked to him yesterday.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Ok so news1130 brad zeimer say canucks had not talked to tanev the past few todays, and gillis says they just talked to him yesterday.

pretty sure he said "the other day" or something like that. he didn't say yesterday.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
"Roster reset" with Brad Richardson, Yannick Weber and a goalie who doesn't want to play for us.

MG's Reset button is about as reliable as this one:

riNXXNK5aaIVLJDZ.medium

YouppiKiYay

Jul 3, 2011
Bellingham, WA
I think Gillis' patience will pay off. With so much term and money going to so few high end UFA's around the league, and with the cap coming down, there are bound to be good role players looking for jobs all throughout this summer.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Gerbe would actually be a half-way decent Raymond replacement. I don't think that's the direction we're taking the team though, so doubt it happens.

EDIT: WTF are we holding a presser for after signing Y.Weber and Richardson?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad