GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I think Gillis' patience will pay off. With so much term and money going to so few high end UFA's around the league, and with the cap coming down, there are bound to be good role players looking for jobs all throughout this summer.

plus team who go over the cap is force to dump for nothing

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
pretty sure he said "the other day" or something like that. he didn't say yesterday.

Well the other day to me means fairly recently, ziemer and i quote said "they have not talked in the past couple days"

Maybe im nitpicking but it sounds like they have been kept in closer contact then indicated.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Anyone wanna transcribe what McSweatypants is saying?

"Day 1 went exactly as we expected"
"We were in on a few players but, we didn't feel they were better than what we already had"
"It's all part of the process"
"Yes I DO think Brad Richardson can play 3C on a Stanley Cup contender"

You forgot his all time favourite (other than "it's a process")

"This is a fluid business; there are many moving parts."

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
Who would be have signed with the money that was being thrown around? With what cap space? How could our youth have a chance to contribute if we plugged every hole through free agency?

Don't you get it? The canucks need to give their youth a chance! And need to sign veteran players to fill every hole on the roster! Because that makes sense...

Castle1*

Trade the Sedins' for cap space :sarcasm:

Obviously not the Sedins. But get some balls and trade either Bieksa, Burrows, or Edler to free up cap space and then fill the damn holes that he failed to fill last season and maybe...possibly...consider filling those holes for the upcoming season??

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
What a crock. Everything's rosey, we'll not need any goalie insurance because netminders step up from the Swedish league or a major surgery all the time! At least they need to sign a guy like Leggio or Bachman at least so there's as competition here and in Utica. This smells like the Malholtra miscue all over again.

topheavyhookjaw

Sep 7, 2008
Obviously not the Sedins. But get some balls and trade either Bieksa, Burrows, or Edler to free up cap space and then fill the damn holes that he failed to fill last season and maybe...possibly...consider filling those holes for the upcoming season??

Looking at what went down in UFA, you weren't filling the holes left by any of those guys in UFA without putting yourself in the same cap situation. Realistically goaltending, and Keith Ballard are the parts of the roster that were redundantly expensive.

Castle1*

there should not bother with a press conference......media just ask stupid questions

"Hello Mike...this is John from the Sunday rag. Considering the fact the nucks went out in the 1st rounds two years running....why are you sweating so much and why is your face red?":)

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I wasn't the one that was talking about re-setting the roster after being swept in the playoffs...

Lots of changes have been made. I don't like all of them, but they are made and the summer is young.

One thing people tend to forget is that free agency isn't a "day", it's a month, two to be exact. Last year we saw people freak out just 6 hours into free agency. It only took 7 this time, so I'd say that's an improvement.

Just don't hold your breath with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad